English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a goal this was. Not a bad way to score your 1st goal for your new club

[ame]https://youtu.be/_NQLmOo6Wqg[/ame]

Fergie's style of management may have been that of a dictator but his job wasn't to win any popularity contests, he had to motivate his team into being winners at the highest level and that was his way of doing it.

To say his methods worked to great effect would be an understatement.

We're seeing now what the same players that won the league so easily last year are capable of without Fergie's fear factor....nothing.

In the case of Beckham, I would have loved to have seen that smug, **** eating grin wiped off his face by a football boot, I never could stand him.

The suggestion that Shrek isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer is hardly a suprise :lol

Fergie and Roy Keane are more alike than either would ever admit publically.

Neither man is perfect but both made a massive contribution to United's success. Their bickering in public is disappointing, but maybe it'll help divert some of the heat that's presently on the team.

EDIT
Fergie on seeing Cristiano Ronaldo play for the first time,
"That was the biggest surge of excitement and anticipation that I ever experienced in management."

On the England job ( which he was offered twice ),
"That was a bed of nails I was not prepared to lie on."

Last edited:
Man Utd 1-0 Real Sociedad

By no means a great performance but better.

What Moyes should take from this game is that Shinji Kagawa can be a massive influence on the team if given a regular run. More of an influence than Welbeck, Cleverley, Anderson, Carrick, Valencia and Young combined.

In the second half he was excellent, he always looked positive, had some great touches and should have scored at least once. When he finally got to play in his preferred position in the last 10 minutes he was really starting to buzz.

Shrek was trying to do it all himself AGAIN and constantly lost the ball in the process. He may have been directly involved in the goal but his selfishness prevented several chances where the game could have been killed off.

Giggs was decent going forward but this didn't excuse the fact that he consistently lost the ball in midfield due to his slug like pace.

Evra continues to be United's most consistent winger even though he's a left back.

Carrick & Valencia = Same old story. They should be arrested under the Trade Description Act for impersonating footballers.

The defense isn't perfect but I feel that phasing out Ferdinand and Vidic may as well be done sooner rather than later.

Chicharito = Never really got a clear chance apart from the disallowed goal but his movement and pace always meant he posed a threat.

No RVP = Intresting how his "injuries" have returned when things aren't going so well. I expect he'll suddenly become fighting fit if results start to improve :rolleyes2

No Fellaini = YAY!

Last edited:
“If Sir Alex and David Gill had still been the bosses, I won’t name the player, but there would have been a star signing, one of the absolute best players in the world,” he said.

“It was something the boss talked about, and the owners and David Gill were also quite clear on doing it.

“There’s very few of such players out there. I think it’s clear to everybody who I’m talking about.

“We didn’t see the need for a big clear-out of the squad, that’s why Sir Alex and I had the one big signing in sight. One such star signing gives everybody a lift, we saw that with Robin van Persie.”

It was Ronaldo wasn't it :( Waited to sign that new contract with Madrid once Sir Alex retired, knew he wasn't coming back then. What a shame.
Imagine our lineup had sir Alex still been here?
Rvp
Ronaldo Kagawa januzaj

But I still believe he used United in order to get a better deal out of Madrid, love him anyways <3

Last edited:
Ronaldo was far too expensive for his age, resigning him would have been similar to RVP in that it would have been papering over the ever increasing cracks in the squad.

The £100 million or whatever he would have cost would have been far better utilised on several players to boost the ailing defence and midfield.

If Phelan is legit then maybe there's hope for the squad in terms of funds being available.

The speed in which the Januzaj contract was sorted out suggests the chief executive has learned a valuable lesson after the summer transfer window.

Last edited:
Spirited win by Arsenal this morning. :clap

And united losing to stoke at home. :lol

I can't believe there losing again. When they equalised I thought agh they'll go on to win but no Stoke hit another in.

I still think Utd will get something out of this though. I can't imagine Stoke scoring another & I would be surprised if Utd didn't at least get one goal this half

Him and Ibrahimovic are the best two strikers in the world at the mo. No-one else comes close.

It is only against West Brom though. Its like the wonder goal from the Fulham player last week, it must be taken into account it was against a terrible Palace team. Marco van Basten's wonder goal came in the final of Euro 88'.

Everton are 3rd where the **** did they come from? :lol

And yeah I'm looking forward to the El Classico, never fails to entertain. I'll be supporting Barca as always in this one.

Does he prefer dark or white meat? :monkey1

That's a potentially touchy subject. Look how Rio Ferdinand fared when he commented on ice cream :lol

United 3-2 Stoke

A flashback to last season with a comeback despite playing without a defence or midfield for much of the game.

I don't really want Rooney at the club and likewise for RVP if United's decline gives him itchy feet but they're keeping United afloat for now.

Chicharito shows once again exactly what he's capable of if he gets the right kind of service, he's as good as anyone inside the box.

Kagawa got another start, he didn't do a great deal but it's going to take a run of games to get any kind of consistency so I hope Moyes continues with him.

I attempted to watch a Classico once and gave up after 20 minutes as I was under the impression that football was a sport in which some contact is allowed.

Last edited:
It is only against West Brom though. Its like the wonder goal from the Fulham player last week, it must be taken into account it was against a terrible Palace team. Marco van Basten's wonder goal came in the final of Euro 88'.

A West Brom side that had the 4th best defence in the league before today, only conceding 6 goals, not to mention they beat United at Old Trafford and drew against an Arsenal side that was flying high.

That's also the first hat-trick of the season, so they must not be as easy to come by as you imagine.

Back