English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-0 win at the San Siro!!! COYS!!!!

COYS_500x500.jpg

Not a surprise at all..you guys were pushing forward the entire game. Good result that should see you through to the next round.

Not a surprise at all..you guys were pushing forward the entire game. Good result that should see you through to the next round.

I certainly hope so! :yess:

Arsenal at the Nou Camp or Emirates tomorrow? I need to record that. Should be f'n amazing football.

I certainly hope so! :yess:

Arsenal at the Nou Camp or Emirates tomorrow? I need to record that. Should be f'n amazing football.

Emirates.

Not sure how I feel. We get Nasri back from injury but he's not starting. I think it'll end up 1-1.

It's about as tough a draw as I could imagine. Still, you're Arsenal and you can beat anyone on anyday.

The hardest draw possible. Both teams play the best soccer in the world so it'll be a fun game to watch. One half of me thinks 1-1, the other half is preparing for a 3-0 drubbing.

The hardest draw possible. Both teams play the best soccer in the world so it'll be a fun game to watch. One half of me thinks 1-1, the other half is preparing for a 3-0 drubbing.

They're the best in the world and the last team I'd want Spurs to be drawn against.

Well, and ManU since we can't seem to beat them.

It's funny, I almost feel as if I'm just pretending that Spurs should be mentioned in the same breath as these teams but we're beating good teams now, so why not? I mean, next year Bale might be gone and we may well drop to mid table but hell, we're playing good football right now so why not enjoy it while it lasts, eh?

Last edited:

Nice to see the italians playing fair last night :rolleyes2

As for tonight, its anyones game IMO, arsenal have been pretty hot this season. I just hope they dont bottle it like they've been known to do at big games.

I got to watch the game last night when I got home. We defended really well. I couldn't be happier with the effort.

Harry was wise to pull VDV before he lost his cool. I remember questioning it when I was following through the game tracker at work but when watching the game and how chippy it was getting I couldn't help but think it was a great piece of managing.

Flamini should have gotten a straight red for his tackle on Corluka. That was a CRAP! Rino Gattuso admitted that he was "nervous" during the game.... Nervous? He's played in CL and WC finals and he's nervous at home v. Spurs? Almost sounds funny, unless it was our play that made him nervous? Anyway, I was very proud to be a Yid when I watched that game yesterday. It gave me goosebumps.

Great result for spurs. Im actually disappointed we didn't get a deserved pen from nesta to give us a 2 away goal cushion.
Still wide open and really pleased to see woodgate finally play 1st team. Such a talent but so unlucky with injury.
Should be a cracker tonight. Think the gooners need to stop Barca scoring more than 1 to have a chance over the 2 legs.
I think wengers decision to not buy a proven quality centre back in january and to field a weeker side in the group might bite him on the back side.
Should be good.

What a _____ing game!!! We totally outplayed barca....from start to finish. Totally obvious that we were a bit scared of them last year but not at all this year. With now both Pique and Puyol out for the next leg this should be our game to win.

Off to drink more champagne....
:yess::yess::yess:

What a _____ing game!!! We totally outplayed barca....from start to finish.

I wouldn't go that far :lol barca went through your defence like a hot knife through butter numerous times.

Yeah i thought they got a bit lucky too with the 2 pens and messi's goal should have stood.
Tho to be fair, you need a bit of luck when playing these sides and if arsenal get an early goal over there, they might get through.
I still fancy Barca to progress.
Played well though.

I wouldn't go that far :lol barca went through your defence like a hot knife through butter numerous times.

OK...barca did some good attacking the last part of the first half. But that second half was all Arsenal. Not bad for a team that the Spanish press had written off and thought would lose by 5 or 6 goals. I'm very proud of my team this morning. :clap:clap

Well, the Spanish press must be completely ignorant to write off any of the English sides. The EPL is the best in the world for a reason. It's not one dimensional like the Serie A (defense) or La Liga (ball control). EPL teams are fast, physical, skilled and well coached. Not to mention how much deeper the Premiership is than other European leagues.

Yeah i thought they got a bit lucky too with the 2 pens and messi's goal should have stood.
Tho to be fair, you need a bit of luck when playing these sides and if arsenal get an early goal over there, they might get through.
I still fancy Barca to progress.
Played well though.

Why should it stand? Messi was clearly offside. The rule of offside is that you can only recieve a forward pass(either through a deliberate pass or an opposition backpass, a deflected pass/shot againts an opposition is not counted as either) if you are behind 2 opposition players. That is one goalkeeper plus one defender or 2 outfield opposition players.

When Pedro(i think) took the shot, Messi was just behind him with no Arsenal defenders between them and Scezny. The moment Messi recieved the pass(via a saved/deflected pedro shot) he became actively offside.

Last edited:

Woodgate did his groin in again.... How sad. He's an amazing footballer, he really is, but he just can't stay healthy. He'd be our captain if he could stay on the pitch. Anyway, if this ends up being his last game or even just his last for Spurs at least it was on a massive stage in a memorable game. Here's a couple photos from his most memorable performance at Spurs:

Woodgate2502_468x371.jpg

article-0-03B0CD2C000005DC-488_468x454.jpg

Why should it stand? Messi was clearly offside. The rule of offside is that you can only recieve a forward pass(either through a deliberate pass or an opposition backpass, a deflected pass/shot againts an opposition is not counted as either) if you are behind 2 opposition players. That is one goalkeeper plus one defender or 2 outfield opposition players.

When Pedro(i think) took the shot, Messi was just behind him with no Arsenal defenders between them and Scezny. The moment Messi recieved the pass(via a saved/deflected pedro shot) he became actively offside.

Im afraid your wrong friend. Pedro is ahead of messi when the ball comes off him. Messi is ahead of the arsenal defenders but at the point of contact when he meets the ball, he is slightly behind the arsenal defenders which is therefore onside.
When Pedro recieves the ball, Messi is in an onside position and is level with the arsenal backline therefore it should not have been given offside.
Very tricky to spot.
When you see it, its easy to think he is off but he isnt.

Back