English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

On other news, I hear Roy Chubby Brown is being touted as a possible replacement for Andy Gray:monkey3

I heard a female Assistant Referee is going to explain the Equality Act to Andy Gray using condiments on the kitchen table.

Richard "hairy hands" Keys has now resigned so Sky's football coverage is going to be given something of a shakeup.......I just hope it doesn't mean some kind of promotion for Harry Redknapp's airhead son.

Yeah I believe Keys is going to retire at Monkey World and used in their captive breeding program...
Seriously though, I think this whole matter is shocking. They've been stitched up good and proper. How many ppl can honestly claim they've never made a crack relating to woman and football in a jokey fashion amongst mates and/or in the workplace? It's called banter. To get sacked and humiliated over something so trivial like this is bizarre and ridiculous.
Rant over :)

Yeah I believe Keys is going to retire at Monkey World and used in their captive breeding program...
Seriously though, I think this whole matter is shocking. They've been stitched up good and proper. How many ppl can honestly claim they've never made a crack relating to woman and football in a jokey fashion amongst mates and/or in the workplace? It's called banter. To get sacked and humiliated over something so trivial like this is bizarre and ridiculous.
Rant over :)

Considering Andy Gray is suing a Murdoch owned newspaper over 'phone hacking allegations a stitch up is exactly what's occurred.

I don't particularly like either but it was clear that they were just having a bit of a laugh as blokes tend to do in any other workplace.

chelsea offer £35 million for torres, liverpool say no, torres says club should listen to offers

he's offski imo

Offski but not to Chelski pensioners.

Considering Andy Gray is suing a Murdoch owned newspaper over 'phone hacking allegations a stitch up is exactly what's occurred.

I don't particularly like either but it was clear that they were just having a bit of a laugh as blokes tend to do in any other workplace.

How many times have we heard the words man flu or men that cant multi task.....
I know some people dont like them but sky sports wont be the same without them and especially Andy Gray.
He knows his football.
complete joke.

chelsea offer £35 million for torres, liverpool say no, torres says club should listen to offers

he's offski imo

Would be a good move for him. I say do it.

liverpool agree 22.8m fee with ajax for suarez

Liverpool almost got Andy Carroll for 35 million. As a Newcastle fan, this is like a bully takes candy from a kid.

Liverpool almost got Andy Carroll for 35 million. As a Newcastle fan, this is like a bully takes candy from a kid.

35 Million for Andy Carroll? What a joke... But I'm not thinking this was an "almost", unless something has changed?? Toon accepted the bid.

Last edited:

Players these days are glorified man whores.

Spurs leave it to the last min again and get no one. Evident we need a classy forward and in 4 weeks we get nothing. Decide to bid for adam with about 4 mins left and put a silly bid in for phil neville.
Joke.
We wont get in the top 4 and might even finish behind liverpool now.
Bale and vdv palying uefa cup football next season, yeah right.

Spurs have a pretty good side as it is IMO.

Spurs leave it to the last min again and get no one. Evident we need a classy forward and in 4 weeks we get nothing. Decide to bid for adam with about 4 mins left and put a silly bid in for phil neville.
Joke.
We wont get in the top 4 and might even finish behind liverpool now.
Bale and vdv palying uefa cup football next season, yeah right.

What a shame... Four weeks to work on something then they throw out a couple of half-assed bids at the mast moment. It's apparent to anyone who follows the club that we needed new blood up front.

Spurs have a pretty good side as it is IMO.

We have a good side but losing 4 quality players in O hara, Dos santos, bentley, keane and with the injuries to big tom hud, king and woodgate beeing made of clay, we suddenly start tl look a bit light weight in areas and with the inconsistan pav and the ineffective crouch who iv grown to hate now, i think we will fall short when we should have been looking to push on. Without van der vaart, our strikers have managed 6 goals in the prem. Sorry but that will not get you in the top 4 or even top 5.
They are talking of kyle walker getting an england call. What do we do? - loan him out. Im not spitting my dummy just because we are usually busy, I just think we have come so far, have funds available and with a lower league position, the likes of vdv, modric, bale may find other tempting offers. Meant to attract the better players around the world when you play in the champs league and come early march, we will prob be out of it, season over and will find it very very difficult to get back in. I love harry and what levy has done but they have stuffed up here.
However, I hoped im proved wrong.

Last edited:

Among others I was hoping Shrek would be sent on his way during the transfer window but I expect it'll still happen at the end of the season.......the question is that who'd want him now he's so useless?

Then again if Liverpool can be convinced to pay so much for someone as average as Carroll I imagine there's a team out there willing to take a risk on Shrek...........maybe they could swap him for Bale.

In a poll from United supporters Ryan Giggs got voted Best United Player Ever. The top 10 were,

1.Ryan Giggs
2.Eric Cantona
3.George Best
4.Sir Bobby Charlton
5.Cristiano Ronaldo
6.Paul Scholes
7.David Beckham
8.Roy Keane
9.Peter Schmeichel
10.Shrek

A top 10 without Bryan Robson, Denis Law & Duncan Edwards is a sad reflection of the glory hunting fans voting despite not having a clue about the history of the club.

Ronaldo & Shrek in particular have no place anywhere near the top 10 and Beckham is much the same.

Among others I was hoping Shrek would be sent on his way during the transfer window but I expect it'll still happen at the end of the season.......the question is that who'd want him now he's so useless?

Then again if Liverpool can be convinced to pay so much for someone as average as Carroll I imagine there's a team out there willing to take a risk on Shrek...........maybe they could swap him for Bale.

In a poll from United supporters Ryan Giggs got voted Best United Player Ever. The top 10 were,

1.Ryan Giggs
2.Eric Cantona
3.George Best
4.Sir Bobby Charlton
5.Cristiano Ronaldo
6.Paul Scholes
7.David Beckham
8.Roy Keane
9.Peter Schmeichel
10.Shrek

A top 10 without Bryan Robson, Denis Law & Duncan Edwards is a sad reflection of the glory hunting fans voting despite not having a clue about the history of the club.

Ronaldo & Shrek in particular have no place anywhere near the top 10 and Beckham is much the same.

Bit harsh when you consider what he did when Ronaldo left. He will come good and id take him any day.
Cant say i agree with the top 10 and am very supprised to see scholes as low as 6th. A few are before my time but when united were so dominant in the 90s, i think alot of people didnt really appreciate just how good bruce and pallister were and in paticular Bruce. Never had a crack playing for his country yet so strong and consistant for his club.

Back