English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arsenal look the real deal to me. Solid at the back and more options than anybody else in midfield. Also missing Podolski and Walcott, two of their three top scorers last season. Those two will give them more direct options out wide and allow them to change up the way they play. As long as Giroud stays fit and they don't have an injury crisis at the back I think they could go all the way.

Have to say that as much as it would be great for all Arsenal fans to win the Premiership after so many years of heartache, i still think there is no certainty that they will continue this run of form. Arsenal usually crumble towards the last few hurdles and when it comes to the crunch they are usually caught out. The Carling Cup would have been a possible winning trophy for them this season and for a second i thought they would get the upper hand over Chelsea but that didnt happen...

Last night in the Champions League, i wouldnt say they were lucky to beat Dortmund but in all fairness Dortmund had the full run of play and created so many opportunities to put Arsenal to bed. However, fair play to Arsenal as many people wouldnt have predicted an away win. Will they win the group, most definately...but come the latter stages when put up against tougher opposition such as Bayern, Barca or any of the British teams then i think once again they'll fall short.

Going back to the Premiership, i think we'll get a better idea of how Arsenal will fair for the season once they have played some of the big boys...a defeat at Man United and wins for Chelsea and Tottenham at the weekend will see the lead cut down to only 2 points and its not even half way yet through the season :peace

If Arsenal can't beat United at the weekend then they don't deserve to win anything.

Last edited:
If Arsenal can't beat United at the weekend then they don't deserve to win anything.

Ha come on Utd aren't that bad this season. It's never easy beating Utd at Old Trafford. Rooney & RVP are looking good now as well.

I would love to see Arsenal go there & win but if I got offered a point now I would take it

Ha come on Utd aren't that bad this season. It's never easy beating Utd at Old Trafford. Rooney & RVP are looking good now as well.

I would love to see Arsenal go there & win but if I got offered a point now I would take it

They are that bad, it's like Fergie retired and the lights went out.

Since Moyes took over United have only got 1 point from 9 and only a solitary goal against top teams.

Nothing United have shown this season suggests they'll be able to handle Arsenal on current form.

Last edited:
I think Arsenal stand a wonderful chance this year but certainly wouldn't say it's in the bag.

That win against Dortmund was a magnificent display. It wasn't pretty but it was dogged and I haven't seen that in Arsenal for years!

Even if we don't win the title, I am pretty sure we will win something this year. Even if we don't, I am actually proud of them for the first time in many years!!!

“We weren’t close to buying him but something was mooted a little bit before that,” he said.

“We didn’t need that position at the time. I didn’t even say it was an interest, it was put to us and it was just something at the time we didn’t need.

“We we had Shinji Kagawa and Wayne Rooney and people of a similar ilk so it wasn’t quite what we required at that time. We were looking at different positions.”

-Moyes on Ozil

So he spends 27.5 million on the Fellaini?

“We weren’t close to buying him but something was mooted a little bit before that,” he said.

“We didn’t need that position at the time. I didn’t even say it was an interest, it was put to us and it was just something at the time we didn’t need.

“We we had Shinji Kagawa and Wayne Rooney and people of a similar ilk so it wasn’t quite what we required at that time. We were looking at different positions.”

-Moyes on Ozil

So he spends 27.5 million on the Fellaini?

If Kagawa is anthing to go buy Moyes would have played Ozil out of position and then wondered why he didn't get the best from the player.

He is clueless.

But some United fans still insist "In Moyes We Trust" :cuckoo:

On the bright side, a couple of heavy defeats against Arsenal and Spurs and the chances of an early sacking may increase.

It's too bad United aren't owned by Abramovich or Moyes would have gone already.

Rumour has it Gollum is considering ditching Zaha to Everton for Baines......I'll lose all faith in him if he does that.
How about he sends Fellaini to Everton instead?!

Rumour has it Gollum is considering ditching Zaha to Everton for Baines......I'll lose all faith in him if he does that.

I don't think Everton would want any of the trash they dumped on United back, they're doing rather well without any of it.

Whatever logic Fergie used in reasoning that Moyes was the ideal person to follow him would probably have caused Mr Spock to have a nervous breakdown.

Being Scottish and staying at a team for a decade clearly aren't enough.

another rumor according to a prominent United website , Redcafe , is that Zaha has been doing the dirty deed with Moyes,s daughter, and dad wants him gone ,would be a shame if true ,by the way miss Moyes is way better looking than her dad lol

Zaha has allegedly screwed the manager's daughter.

Moyes and his Everton chums are screwing the club into oblivion.

This pic shows why Mourinho has an edge over most managers....he uses the Force!

Last edited:
Man some crazy results this w.end. Just Liverpool & Southampton winning out of the top 8 teams. So just the little game between Utd & Arsenal to play now :D

Found out City lost, more to gain now, but even more too lose. Good thing United are playing well!

Heart attack kills? Try watch United defending a 1 goal lead!

Back in the title race! :)

Last edited:
I missed the Utd, Arsenal game because I was playing football myself but as soon as I heard we were 1 down I knew that we had lost. Oh well still all to play for. City, Chelsea, Spurs must be kicking there selfs for dropping points today

Back