English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Arsenal bottled it again. They should have played their game and taken it to Utd.

Utd seem to have something over Utd. I see Arsenal had 60% possession but it means nothing if you can't score.

Big test next for Arsenal against Southampton & also for Utd lose or draw there next game & it's all for nothing. No shame at losing 1 nil at Old Trafford though, just disappointing

Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal

I wonder if Wenger still considers RVP an Arsenal man? :lol

Same old Arsenal, if they can't win by passing the opposition to death they haven't a clue.

City are being laughably tragic again, they spent the better part of £100 million in the summer and still can't overtake United in the table for long....taxi for Pellegrini :rotfl

United still have a lot of improving to do if they're going to get in the top 4 and stay there but now that Moyes has won a big game it should give him a big boost in confidence.

I just wish he'd drop Shrek and play Kagawa in his natural position as they'd get a lot more goalscoring opportunities.

Shrek is always trying to get all the glory for himself and doesn't have the team's intrest at heart.

Last edited:
Credit to united. RVP was so unmarked on that corner.

We need abetter sub than bendtner. Time for some serious shopping in January.

Not sure why united fans were singing "we're top of the table" when they are in 5th place. The rare victory must have gone to their heads. :rotfl

Also noticed many less green and yellow scarves today. Guess the glazers sold the team over the weekend.

So Arsenal bottled it again. They should have played their game and taken it to Utd.

They weren't allowed to play their usual game....it was by far United's best defensive performance under Moyes.

If today's game is any indication of how Ozil performs in big games then maybe United were better off missing out on him.

Last edited:
They weren't allowed to play their usual game and didn't have a Plan B.

It was by far United's best defensive performance under Moyes and both Jones and Smalling were excellent.

If today's game is any indication of how Ozil performs in big games then maybe United were better off missing out on him.

Deal. You keep fellaini and we will keep Ozil. :wave

Makes a big difference when you are playing with Ronaldo at Real too as assists only happen when there's a goal at the end of it. Arsenal need a top striker in January if they really want a crack at the title.

Wow. Second loss of the year and doom and gloom are out. :slap

It's going to be a interesting season. Every team in the league can be beaten now and teams will be taking a lot more points off eachother. The January transfer window will have a big factor on the outcome. One world class player or two/three top players can transform a team entering the final third of the season.

I wonder if Fergie will slag RVP off in his next book...

I don't know what all the fuss was about with his book, he is entitled to his opinion on his own career.

All the former United players he was critical of reacted as expected, Roy Keane had a bit of a rant, Beckham and the others weren't bothered because the incidents that were brought up were hardly new revelations and they had made their peace with Fergie a long time ago.

The only people that had any major issue with the book were ABU's who used it as the latest in a long line of excuses to attack Fergie and by extension United.

It shows just how thick these people are that they actually thought that Fergie would give the likes of Liverpool or Man City an easy ride, he was never known for his diplomacy so a book was never going to be any different.

Obviously he dropped a few juicy comments in on purpose but he's hardly the first celebrity to do that....controversy creates cash.

Last edited:
I don't know what all the fuss was about with his book, he is entitled to his opinion on his own career.

All the former United players he was critical of reacted as expected, Roy Keane had a bit of a rant, Beckham and the others weren't bothered because the incidents that were brought up were hardly new revelations and they had made their peace with Fergie a long time ago.

The only people that had any major issue with the book were ABU's who used it as the latest in a long line of excuses to attack Fergie and by extension United.

It shows just how thick these people are that they actually thought that Fergie would give the likes of Liverpool or Man City an easy ride, he was never known for his diplomacy so a book was never going to be any different.

Obviously he dropped a few juicy comments in on purpose but he's hardly the first celebrity to do that....controversy creates cash.

What I found very interesting is he mentioned Henderson and that united were looking at him but decided to swerve him as they felt he doesn't run properly and runs from the knees and not the hips.
I know managers and there staff go into detail but I never thought that much lol.

It's going to be a interesting season. Every team in the league can be beaten now and teams will be taking a lot more points off eachother. The January transfer window will have a big factor on the outcome. One world class player or two/three top players can transform a team entering the final third of the season.

I agree. It really is wide open this season. Im slightly worried about my team. We have an awesome, strong squad but im not sure we have a great team yet and are using the wrong tactics.
Your lot are doing great and have a real chance of a top 4 spot especially with no european football midweek.
Loving what southampton are doing right now. Full credit to the owner and Pochettino. I fear for our old boss Jol :(

What I found very interesting is he mentioned Henderson and that united were looking at him but decided to swerve him as they felt he doesn't run properly and runs from the knees and not the hips.
I know managers and there staff go into detail but I never thought that much lol.

The following quotes were left out,

"We didn't rate him as a player but the board thought we could make a bit of cash by hiring him out as a Michael Jackson lookalike".

"I felt Valencia couldn't beat players, couldn't cross the ball, couldn't really do anything football related but the Wigan manager told me he makes an incredible cup of tea. I had to sign him."

"I tried for years to find the new Ryan Giggs or the new Paul Scholes. When Danny Welbeck came through I knew I had the new Emile Heskey. It was around this time I had the first thoughts about retirement."

Last edited:
IYour lot are doing great and have a real chance of a top 4 spot especially with no european football midweek.

Although there's a small chance of it happening, people should include Liverpool in the title talk considering people are now talking about Man Utd now having a chance of winning it.

Utd had a great result against Arsenal but they still have the average Moyes at the helm of a very average squad that includes Fellaini.

Only Chelsea, City & Arsenal have a better squad than Liverpool. I still think Chelsea will come good, Mourinho is a winner through and through.

Back