English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
United aren't winning anything.

The result yesterday was good but all the problems were still more than evident....Kagawa's talent is wasted on the left wing, Valencia is bloody awful, there's no threat from the centre of midfield and Shrek does nothing but give the ball away.

Although there's a small chance of it happening, people should include Liverpool in the title talk considering people are now talking about Man Utd now having a chance of winning it.

Utd had a great result against Arsenal but they still have the average Moyes at the helm of a very average squad that includes Fellaini.

Only Chelsea, City & Arsenal have a better squad than Liverpool. I still think Chelsea will come good, Mourinho is a winner through and through.

They have a chance but I think its a little to soon. Rogers is certainly doing a great job there. The problem will again be Suarez and if you can keep him.
I would put us in that category but we are just a very strong group of individuals right now. It might take us a season to find our best team and bed players in which maybe to late for AVB.

Its just good to see 6 top teams all in the mix.

Funny season this year. Nothing is guaranteed. 5 points is nothing, even City aren't out of it.
Don't write off Utd yet. We're showing glimpses of form now. Undefeated in what? 6/7 games?
I wouldn't put us down as challengers for the title but I think we can maintain top 3 spot minimum.

Wow. Second loss of the year and doom and gloom are out. :slap

:exactly: :lol & Arsenal are going to lose more games as well & I'm not being negative but anyone can beat anyone this season. It's so hard to predict a result. Who ever wins the league is going to win it with a lot of loses & it's going to be tight.

Who would of predicted Chelsea, City & Spurs winning just one point between them all this w.end

Losing one nil at Old Trafford is far from the end of the world. Arsenals biggest test is how well they bounce back against Southampton who are playing really well.

The January transfer window is going to vital to who ever wins the league this year.

arsenal are prob a ticking timebomb, riding on a wave of positvity when osil signed,, an injury to him could see them back to their old routine

Funny season this year. Nothing is guaranteed. 5 points is nothing, even City aren't out of it.
Don't write off Utd yet. We're showing glimpses of form now. Undefeated in what? 6/7 games?
I wouldn't put us down as challengers for the title but I think we can maintain top 3 spot minimum.

Glimpses of form.....Valencia nearly got a decent cross in yesterday.

So maybe you're right :lol

arsenal are prob a ticking timebomb, riding on a wave of positvity when osil signed,, an injury to him could see them back to their old routine

I think there better than most think. There had a young squad who are finally coming of age. Mertesacker & Cazorla have had that year now to settle in to the Prem, Santi settled in quickly but you can see a big difference in Mertesacker now.

The midfield is strong, the defence is looking good but it's upfront where were really light, just Giroud basically Bendtner doesn't count for anything.

Getting the Ox & Walcott back will be a big boost just for there pace alone

Ronaldo, definately the current best player in the world. Deserves Ba Lon Dor ahead of Messi and Ribery, a fool would disagree.

Ronaldo, definately the current best player in the world. Deserves Ba Lon Dor ahead of Messi and Ribery, a fool would disagree.

Ballon d'or my friend should go to the one player who has worked his socks off each game and always gives it 100%...my vote goes to

Chamakh of Crystal Palace :yess:

Sepp Blatter of FIFA is a fool.

He recently said he preferred Messi as he was the sort of guy you'd be proud to have in your family.

The same Messi that's not fond of paying tax, who's been accused of telling youth players "You're only here to play for me" and who failed to show at several meet & greets that fans had paid for.

Sepp Blatter of FIFA is a fool.

He recently said he preferred Messi as he was the sort of guy you'd be proud to have in your family.

The same Messi that's not fond of paying tax, who's been accused of telling youth players "You're only here to play for me" and who failed to show at several meet & greets that fans had paid for.
Hmm the tax evasion case was before he was even an adult. And Im sure a school dropout like hime is crafty enough to manipulate legal loopholes to evade taxes.
As for the youth player (Christian Tello as reported) - The source was a pro madrid paper with a history of reporting news like Messi spit at Madrid bench etc etc plus Tello has denied even giving the so called 'interview' and the article keeps saying they got it from a source who reported blah blah blah
As for the several meet and greets... those were pre-season charities he himself played over the season while carrying an injury for which he is facing the consequences now by being injured in the season. And the one he didnt play was the one where the organisors couldnt confirm that they would be paying the charity.

Get some facts right, easy to fall in the same media frenzy that crucifies either players.
Marca recently promoted a book from their own publication literally 'the real face of Messi etc etc' so you know where all these breaking news comes from and with what intention.

Hmm the tax evasion case was before he was even an adult. And Im sure a school dropout like hime is crafty enough to manipulate legal loopholes to evade taxes.
As for the youth player (Christian Tello as reported) - The source was a pro madrid paper with a history of reporting news like Messi spit at Madrid bench etc etc plus Tello has denied even giving the so called 'interview' and the article keeps saying they got it from a source who reported blah blah blah
As for the several meet and greets... those were pre-season charities he himself played over the season while carrying an injury for which he is facing the consequences now by being injured in the season. And the one he didnt play was the one where the organisors couldnt confirm that they would be paying the charity.

Get some facts right, easy to fall in the same media frenzy that crucifies either players.
Marca recently promoted a book from their own publication literally 'the real face of Messi etc etc' so you know where all these breaking news comes from and with what intention.

OK, fair enough, it was more BS from publications with obvious links to Real Madrid, I just read them via other sources.

The picture I'm getting of Real is not a good one. It's one thing having an occasional dig at a rival in the papers but going to the lengths of producing books designed to do the same thing as well as being linked that Marca rag is pretty damn scummy.

You should check out Punto Pelota... brilliant rag. They even hosted a whole show to prove that Messi DID spit on the Madrid bench with a tape measure and an announcer spitting. When later it was proved that what they marked and underlined as spit onscreen from Messi (whose back was turned in the footage) and the Madrid bench was probably an insect flying or TV grain...

Football in Spain is VERY VERY political as it is not about just the game but ethnicism and a lot involved. The Catalan Media too are not clean of this kind of behaviour but they are small local papers whereas Marca is pretty much an international rag.

Go to the Marca's english site, and one glance will tell you where their bias lies. They had a big hand in Mous ouster. Marca is a VERY VERY influential and strong paper with the RM board. They get away because RM is seen as the club that promotes Spanish Integration and other clubs like Barcelona and Bilbao promote their regionalistic and divisionary attitude (Reason The fans of both teams Boo the national anthem whenever its played)

You should check out Punto Pelota... brilliant rag. They even hosted a whole show to prove that Messi DID spit on the Madrid bench with a tape measure and an announcer spitting. When later it was proved that what they marked and underlined as spit onscreen from Messi (whose back was turned in the footage) and the Madrid bench was probably an insect flying or TV grain...

Football in Spain is VERY VERY political as it is not about just the game but ethnicism and a lot involved. The Catalan Media too are not clean of this kind of behaviour but they are small local papers whereas Marca is pretty much an international rag.

Go to the Marca's english site, and one glance will tell you where their bias lies. They had a big hand in Mous ouster. Marca is a VERY VERY influential and strong paper with the RM board. They get away because RM is seen as the club that promotes Spanish Integration and other clubs like Barcelona and Bilbao promote their regionalistic and divisionary attitude (Reason The fans of both teams Boo the national anthem whenever its played)

A reconstruction of an alleged spitting incident....and I thought I couldn't be suprised by much in football any more.

I've seen one or two quotes from Mourinho since he returned to Chelsea where he alluded to the politics involved at Real and it sounded like he was glad to be out of it.

One day he'll do an autobiography which will probably piss off more people than Fergie's did :lol

Anyone watch the Everton, Liverpool game today. What a match, so entertaining.

The only downer was I had to watch it at the Walkabout where all the main screens were showing the England, New Zealand Rugby League game. Congrats to the New Zealanders for winning that though, I've never been to NZ but every person I know & who I've met from there & I've met a lot have always been really nice. Just thought I would put that out there :lol

United play Cardiff, the home town club of Ryan Giggs.

It'd be nice for him to score 4 days short of his 40th birthday to maintain his record of scoring in every league campaign of his career.

After that he can go away.

Carrick got a new 2 year deal this week :gah:

In a recent interview Moyes was asked about player he'd like to work with and Ronaldo's name was mentioned.

So the tabloids are now trying to suggest United are going to go ahead with a bid in an upcoming transfer window :slap

Back