English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a football fan (and Liverpool fan who's never witnessed Liverpool winning the Premier League title) I find this such a poor thing to read. Support 'your' team.:lecture

Watching the same players ( you know who I'm referring to ) making the exact same mistakes week after week after week has had an adverse effect on my enthusiasm.

u just have to patient and wait for the changes,,,its not as if Moyes doesnt recogonise it,, any manager is going to find it tough to get a group that grew under Ferige , to make them them play their way

u just have to patient and wait for the changes,,,its not as if Moyes doesnt recogonise it,, any manager is going to find it tough to get a group that grew under Ferige , to make them them play their way

The Moyes way isn't the United way and it's his inability to realise that and adapt his philosophy which is contributing to the problems.

His entire outlook is "play safe" even when a game needs to be chased and the way he talks about the opposition is like he's scared of them even when they're playing at home and that negativity is being transmitted to the players.

Even when he had his worst squad Fergie never had his players believing they were anything other than world beaters and that they could beat anyone at any time. No game was ever over until the very last kick and they became notorious for turning games round in the last 15 minutes because they threw caution to the wind and battered teams into submission.

It worked so well that fans of various teams constructed all kinds of conspiracy theories about whether Fergie was bribing officials but the reality was that he instilled such a level of belief that even the crappest player on the payroll would have run through a nuclear explosion if they thought it would help get the team a goal to turn a game around.

"Playing safe" isn't part of United's DNA.

If they go down fighting in a game it's at least respectable but meekly accepting defeat in the way they have since Moyes took charge is sickening.

Against Newcastle they had about half an hour to salvage something from the game.

From what I've read they failed to even force Tim Krul into making a save.

It wasn't the only time this season they went behind and virtually gave up, far from it.

Moyes can spout all the BS about "transitional periods" that he likes but look at all the other big clubs who changed managers in the summer,

Chelsea, City, Real Madrid & Barcelona all changed their managers too but none of them are going to be struggling to gain Champions League qualification.

Funny thing is, Utd need Rooney at the moment also. He makes that team so much better.

Shrek wasn't who I was referring to.

His attitude stinks but when he's not sulking he does at least play like he gives a crap.

I'm talking about,

Valencia
( Excels at crossing the ball into the legs of the nearest defender and losing possession when he tries to beat anyone as he has no dribbling ability. )

Young
( Goes down quicker than Shrek on a granny. )

Nani
( Like a slightly different version of Valencia. Useless. )

Anderson
( Disproves the myth that all Brazilian players are technically gifted. )

Cleverley
( Mr Backpass. )

Welbeck
( A striker who neither scores or creates goals. I used to call him the new Heskey but I think now that's probably an insult to Heskey. )

Getting behind a team which continues to pick the above long after they should have been dumped is for me very difficult and that's without mentioning the likes of Carrick and Fellaini.

^
Surely Fergie is to blame for all those crap players you've just listed?

Moyes keeps picking them and as the current manager he's got the ability to declare them surplus to requirements.... 2-3 should have gone in the summer transfer window but we all know how that played out and Nani somehow got a new 5 year deal a few weeks ago :cuckoo:

I read today that United stand to lose as much as £50 million if they miss out on Champions League qualification.

United's financial position is good enough that it wouldn't affect their ability to maintain the debt repayments but it would still make a bloody big hole in the profits for that financial year.

Seeing as how results are so bad and that he's already wasted the best part of £28 million of the Glazers money Moyes may already be on borrowed time.

Last edited:
Any January targets United should be aiming for Corsair?

I would bring in Baines as much as I love Evra hes's just simply better.

Baines is a great player but he'll cost to much money for someone of his age. Utd need to invest in some promising young players in there early 20's & clear that deadwood out. They obviously can't do all that in Jan but they should go out there way & try & get an creative attacking midfielder.

Any January targets United should be aiming for Corsair?

I would bring in Baines as much as I love Evra hes's just simply better.

1.They desperately need new blood, I don't know who's potentially available but nobody should be brought in unless they can significantly improve the areas where they're most lacking.

2.At the very least I think 2 players from my list of perennial failures should be moved on.

3.Nick Powell and Jesse Lingard ( both attacking midfielders ) should be recalled from their loan spells and given a proper first team chance along with Wilfried Zaha on the opposite side to Januzaj.

4.A big signing of some sort needs to happen.

Obviously January isn't the best time for this and given United's present situation the only way they'll get someone is by throwing a LOT of money at both the selling club and the player.

Here's what I think will actually happen,

Zaha will end up on loan again or even be sold.

Ed Woodward will waste most of the January transfer window on a jolly to Madrid in an ill advised attempt to get Ronaldo back.

Everyone with half a brain knows he already signed a new deal and is going nowhere but as we saw with the pursuit of Fabregas in the summer Ed isn't too astute in these matters.

When Real laugh in his face he'll instruct Moyes to use Fergie's patented "there's no value in the market" excuse.

By this time there'll be about 35 seconds left in the window and they'll panic buy Baines ( who they don't really need ) for £45 million.

Last edited:
2.At the very least I think 2 players from my list of perennial failures should be moved on.

3.Nick Powell and Jesse Lingard ( both attacking midfielders ) should be recalled from their loan spells and given a proper first team chance along with Wilfried Zaha on the opposite side to Januzaj.

that was where Powell was since that goal against Wigan lololol :rotfl

Yeah I would like to Young and Anderson leave the most

that was where Powell was since that goal against Wigan lololol :rotfl

Yeah I would like to Young and Anderson leave the most

Ironically Powell is now on loan at Wigan whilst Lingard is at Birmingham.

I also think United should offer Shrek plus £25 million to Chelsea for Juan Mata.

Mata hasn't always been a first choice this season, Chelsea need a striker and United need several decent midfielders.

Ironically Powell is now on loan at Wigan whilst Lingard is at Birmingham.

I also think United should offer Shrek plus £25 million to Chelsea for Juan Mata.

Mata hasn't always been a first choice this season, Chelsea need a striker and United need several decent midfielders.

Chelsea would do a straight swap for Rooney. They would probably even give Mata plus money but I think Utd need Rooney because it's one exceptional player in & one out. Having a front line of RVP & Rooney & Mata behind him would make a scary strike-force, yeah Chelsea won't sell him to you for just cash then :lol

Shame to see Celtic taking such a hiding but at least they know what it's like for the other teams who have to play them in the SPL :lol

Chelsea would do a straight swap for Rooney. They would probably even give Mata plus money but I think Utd need Rooney because it's one exceptional player in & one out. Having a front line of RVP & Rooney & Mata behind him would make a scary strike-force, yeah Chelsea won't sell him to you for just cash then :lol

Shame to see Celtic taking such a hiding but at least they know what it's like for the other teams who have to play them in the SPL :lol

I think Moyes would sooner sell the entire squad before Shrek.

Unfortunately.

In the wake of United's BAD week the tabloids have wasted no time in linking players with January moves including,

Kevin Strootman
( Only moved to Roma in the summer.)

Wesley Sneijder
( Because some stories never truly die )

Ilkay Gundogan
( Sounds too much like a Gungan to me :lol )

Alex Song
( Didn't he play for the Arse? And why would he leave Barcelona for United? )

Leighton Baines
( United do not need a new left back, particularly one who'll only just be recovering from an injury by the time the window opens. )

heon123,
The current United team against Madrid without Fergie motivating them?

I would actually put money on Real getting into double figures.

Last edited:
Song isn't an important player for Barca & I could imagine Barca being ok with selling him. He's nothing special though, RVP made Song look good at Arsenal by smashing some of his chipped ball's in from near impossible angles. He's actually kind of a forgotten player for Arsenal supporters :lol but AW definitely knew what he was doing selling Song & for good money to.

Sneijder? Really? Will that rumour never die? That's been going on forever. What a player he was back in his day. To old now though unfortunately but saying that he scored the goal to knock Juve out of the Champs Lge today.

That's the exact player Utd need though but 10 years younger :lol

]
heon123,
The current United team against Madrid without Fergie motivating them?

I would actually put money on Real getting into double figures.

I would think they would be more motivated this time regardless of Moyes' team talks, I have no idea why people were complaining that Nani's sending off affected Uniteds preformance when really he was probably the worst player on the pitch at the time besides Welbeck. If anything he hindered Uniteds preformance. I just want Madrid back to OT for 2 reasons

-Ronaldo

-Ronaldos face if United won

I would think they would be more motivated this time regardless of Moyes' team talks, I have no idea why people were complaining that Nani's sending off affected Uniteds preformance when really he was probably the worst player on the pitch at the time besides Welbeck. If anything he hindered Uniteds preformance. I just want Madrid back to OT for 2 reasons

-Ronaldo

-Ronaldos face if United won

Nani and Welbeck always hinder United, it's like giving the opposition a two player advantage.

This season United's lack of midfield and dodgy defence has been torn apart by teams with far less attacking quality than Real Madrid.

Ronaldo would feel less obligated to hold back against a team managed by Moyes and would likely score 4 or 5 before half time.

Chelsea may still be in for Shrek :)
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...-chelsea-set-fresh-rooney-030032410--sow.html

RagingBull,
Song isn't anything special?

United will probably offer Barcelona about £30 million then :lol

EDIT
Moyes admits he hasn't got a clue,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-united-must-improve-moyes-062858164--sow.html

On Wednesday night he was apparently watching Koke,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...ng-little-attention-to-manchester-united-link

I don't know about signing Koke, but thinking that Fellaini was worth nearly £28 million suggests he may be a user of it.

Ashley Young admits he's a cheating POS,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...-ashley-young-unapologetic-over-diving-claims

Last edited:
Januzaj says that he wants to stay at United for his whole career,

****, hes off to madrid

Back