English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A rumour started by Mark Lawrenson, so how can it be taken seriously?

The last 20 years or so have made anyone associated with Liverpool so bitter that they're just itching to stick the knife in, they can't help themselves.

The fact Arsenal fans still can't get over RVP leaving perfectly illustrates the kind of pettiness among fans that puts me off the game.

Why would anyone be intrested in being a legend in a team that didn't win anything and that still hasn't won anything for the best part of a decade?

RVP wanted a trophy and he got two. If he leaves then who can really blame him? Why would any of the few decent players United have left want to stick around whilst the ship goes down?

De Gea, Rooney, Hernandez and Kagawa will probably follow RVP out the door in the next couple of windows.

Good players want to be playing at the top level and now that United can't offer that there's no point them wasting their careers any longer than they have to.

United were able to bounce back from past wobbles because they had a better squad,a better manager and plenty of cash but this decline is terminal.

They don't have a great manager, hardly any decent players and although they aren't skint, there's no chance the Glazers will allow enough of their beloved profits to be spent in order to rebuild the squad almost from scratch especially when they're getting less TV and sponsorship money for not being in Europe.

Even if they did, the top players won't want to play for a team with a small time manager, no Champions League football and maybe even no Premier League status by the time Moyes is done.

Unless a sheikh comes along, buys out the Glazers and allows some proper money to be spent United are dead and buried as a top club.

I don't moan rvp leaving. I laugh at united fans who say he wants to be with winning club for next ten years and will never leave. The arsenal board was correct in not paying rvp what he wanted. We got ozil for a third what rvp wanted. He is showing his true colors now. United fans who thought he was born and bred united are waking up to a new reality.

United are dead and buried as a top club.

In the nicest possible way I think you need to take a few deep breaths and chill out mate. You're only experiencing what pretty much every other team in England has felt for the past 20 years or so during Fergie's reign. Utd (apart from the years Arsenal, Chelsea & City have won the league) have been the dominant force for the past 20 years. Welcome to how it feels to be on the other side of the coin. It's a tough job being a fan.

:peace

I wouldn't say Liverpool fans are bitter. They may not have won the league for awhile but cup wise there got quite an impressive record & anyway your arch-rivals, don't expect sympathy & secondly Utd have been so successful these past 20 years everyone other than Utd supporters are going to enjoy seeing them struggle a bit. It's just the way it is, you would be the same if it was the other way round. It gets boring seeing a team dominate so long.

But you should support Bayern Munich or PSG if all you want is guaranteed success & a good European run each season :dunno

In the nicest possible way I think you need to take a few deep breaths and chill out mate. You're only experiencing what pretty much every other team in England has felt for the past 20 years or so during Fergie's reign. Utd (apart from the years Arsenal, Chelsea & City have won the league) have been the dominant force for the past 20 years. Welcome to how it feels to be on the other side of the coin. It's a tough job being a fan.

:peace

:goodpost: :exactly: this is there first chance in 20 years Utd supporters have had the chance to prove there not plastic glory hunting supporters. A few months in to a so far poor season & a lot of Utd supporters just don't want to know :lol

they wouldnt mind a sugar daddy now like chelsea or city has now,, after all the fun they made of those 2 clubs in last few years lol

Good results for The Arsenal today. I can actually watch this weeks MOTD and not from behind the sofa :yess:
Got to keep it up tomorrow against in-form Everton though, then we play Man City at the Ethiad:horror
Other teams like Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool seem to be a bit inconsistent, we have got to make the most of it.

In Arsene I trust :pray:

I don't think any top players would come to a struggling mid-table team, that's one of the many things that worry me

Moyes still says United can win the title , I did a little bit of math in my head and if united win all their remaining games, they will finish on 79 points (I think), last year united won on 87 if I recall. So it seems that aiming for a top 4 place is the target now.

Damn I really like the golden badges on the side of kits though

Firing moyes would just be silly at this stage, if anyone's going to be fired its got to be the backroom staff. I just recently saw mulensteens (former 1st team coach for united before he got fired for phil neville) fulham against tottenham and saw flashes of the old man utd. Maybe bringing mike phelan back?

It's going to be one depressing Christmas

I wouldn't say Liverpool fans are bitter. They may not have won the league for awhile but cup wise there got quite an impressive record & anyway your arch-rivals, don't expect sympathy & secondly Utd have been so successful these past 20 years everyone other than Utd supporters are going to enjoy seeing them struggle a bit. It's just the way it is, you would be the same if it was the other way round. It gets boring seeing a team dominate so long.

But you should support Bayern Munich or PSG if all you want is guaranteed success & a good European run each season :dunno

Sympathy isn't what I expect or want, but it's a chance for supporters of other teams to prove they have a bit more class than the United fans they spend much of their time criticising but predictably they're showing that they're no better.

Bayern Munich = No thanks. I don't like the way Guardiola makes his teams play. Passing the ball around endlessly until the opposition falls asleep is OK if I'm playing FIFA but dull to watch.

PSG = The French League. Seriously?

Last edited:
Sympathy isn't what I expect or want, but it's a chance for supporters of other teams to prove they have a bit more class than the United fans they spend much of their time criticising but predictably they're showing that they're no better.

Bayern Munich = No thanks. I don't like the way Guardiola makes his teams play. Passing the ball around endlessly until the opposition falls asleep is OK if I'm playing FIFA but dull to watch.

PSG = The French League. Seriously?

How about a whole new sport? :lol

Just stick with Utd. It's just a blip, every club goes through it. Even the greats around Europe have had it like Barce in the 90's but look how there supporters got rewarded in the end.

My team Arsenal are technically still going through it. There doing well at the moment but that could come crashing down. The big tests are still to come

How about a whole new sport? :lol

Just stick with Utd. It's just a blip, every club goes through it. Even the greats around Europe have had it like Barce in the 90's but look how there supporters got rewarded in the end.

My team Arsenal are technically still going through it. There doing well at the moment but that could come crashing down. The big tests are still to come

I've watched United for so long now that dropping them and watching a completely new league will take some time to adjust to but I'll find something eventually.

Last edited:
This is crazy :cuckoo: How can you drop your team the minute they start not winning every game. Supporting your team is all about supporting them through thick and thin, no matter what. You have to experiance the bad times so you can appreciate the good times, surely?
Shall I get you your prawn sandwich now.

This is crazy :cuckoo: How can you drop your team the minute they start not winning every game. Supporting your team is all about supporting them through thick and thin, no matter what. You have to experiance the bad times so you can appreciate the good times, surely?
Shall I get you your prawn sandwich now.

Simple.

I don't have the mentality that most fans do where they treat their football team as if it was something that's so massively important that they have to follow them no matter what.

I like a prawn sandwich every now and again, they're very tasty!

Last edited:
I don't have the mentality that most fans do where they treat their football team as if it was something that's so massively important that they have to follow them forever!

I'm just glad the City fans have some class about them. Their fans have been through some tough times since the start of the Premier League.

Gunners got their legs in the last 10 minutes of the half and looked damn comfortable with the ball. Timmy Howard's the only reason the game is still scoreless.

I'm just glad the City fans have some class about them. Their fans have been through some tough times since the start of the Premier League.

Since when does deciding not to watch a team equate to a lack of class?

If I stop enjoying something I either cut it out of my life entirely or make a positive change in order to continue to get some enjoyment out of it.

This applies to watching football, I don't tune in to be bored stiff and United haven't played decent football since Ronaldo left.

Last edited:
Since when does deciding not to watch a team equate to a lack of class?

This applies to watching football, I don't tune in to be bored stiff and United haven't played decent football since Ronaldo left.

Because if and a big if, Utd start playing well again and winning titles you'll be back again glory hunting. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Liverpool lost Torres, Alonso & Mascherano in the space of two seasons. Life goes on. Utd fans need to stop crying for Ronaldo to come back, he's part of your past now.

Because if and a big if, Utd start playing well again and winning titles you'll be back again glory hunting. Correct me if I'm wrong?

With respect, you're wrong.

Being a United fan is more trouble than it's worth and I have grown sick of constantly having to be on the defensive just because they're the team it's cool to dislike.

Back