English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

Time to offload that useless step ladder. He's done nothing in the prem this season and lunges in 2 crazy tackles that didn't need to be made. Even one of them could have been red. This is a guy who's played for england and in the champs league.
Ability wise he's a sub at best and we are a better team than the long diagnal to Crouch.
It wasn't about spurs turning up. When your on the back foot for 80 mins with 10 men against the most succesful club with one of the best managers, you just try and hold on and hit on the counter.
Madrid at times were awesome. Felt sorry for the likes of dawson, gallas and sandro who worked so hard and really feel sorry for the loyal fans who went all that way.
Still, Il be there next week cheering them on and will applaud them for a great 1st campaign in the champs league.

:clap:clap:clap I hope they do us proud!

We need to get better up front, plain a simple. 2MP just doesn't have the technical ability to put us over the top, Pav only comes to play when we're playing Championship teams in the FA cup and Defoe, aside from his brace a couple weeks back, hasn't scored in an year.

This is a talented team, and the club itself has made major strides towards establishing Spurs as a top English side, but our strike force scares no one. When healthy we're good at the back, and we have as good a midfield as anyone, but up front we lack world class ability... time to upgrade.

:clap:clap:clap I hope they do us proud!

We need to get better up front, plain a simple. 2MP just doesn't have the technical ability to put us over the top, Pav only comes to play when we're playing Championship teams in the FA cup and Defoe, aside from his brace a couple weeks back, hasn't scored in an year.

This is a talented team, and the club itself has made major strides towards establishing Spurs as a top English side, but our strike force scares no one. When healthy we're good at the back, and we have as good a midfield as anyone, but up front we lack world class ability... time to upgrade.

Defoe has hit a very bad patch barring the wolves game but he has a 1 in 3 ratio wherever he's been so he's worth keeping. Pav dont want to be there and crouch just cant shoot. to be honest, he cant head either.
we need a tealented young forward who's hungry and a worl class striker.
I still think we will live to regret selling Adel Tarabt for 1m.
Been a sensation in the championship and may be moving to Chelsea for 10m and Man U rumoured to be sniffing.
Still, another game to go. Lets have a go and give them a clap. Not been an easy run and the boys did well.
Feet firmly on the ground, 3 points against Stoke and get back in the top 4 :)

Defoe has hit a very bad patch barring the wolves game but he has a 1 in 3 ratio wherever he's been so he's worth keeping. Pav dont want to be there and crouch just cant shoot. to be honest, he cant head either.
we need a tealented young forward who's hungry and a worl class striker.
I still think we will live to regret selling Adel Tarabt for 1m.
Been a sensation in the championship and may be moving to Chelsea for 10m and Man U rumoured to be sniffing.
Still, another game to go. Lets have a go and give them a clap. Not been an easy run and the boys did well.
Feet firmly on the ground, 3 points against Stoke and get back in the top 4 :)

Could be a blessing in disguise if we end up top four once the season is over... I always thought Tarabat would be special, just wish it would have been with us.

Can we recall Kyle Walker now? :lol

Still, Il be there next week cheering them on and will applaud them for a great 1st campaign in the champs league.

1st and ONLY Champs League campaign if Spurs continue to stumble. I hope you snatch fourth away from City. Your club have been a credit to the Premiership this season. I just think your running out of legs though...shame.

On another note (I cant be arsed posting a link!) but go on youtube and look up '9yr old Japanese Messi' This kid is unbelievable (Taller than Messi too!)

Crouch is a plank. Always has been.

That said Spurs have done way better than most people would have expected in their first CL campaign and I'd sooner see them there next season than the likes of City.

1st and ONLY Champs League campaign if Spurs continue to stumble. I hope you snatch fourth away from City. Your club have been a credit to the Premiership this season. I just think your running out of legs though...shame.

On another note (I cant be arsed posting a link!) but go on youtube and look up '9yr old Japanese Messi' This kid is unbelievable (Taller than Messi too!)

I think your right. No disrespect to the stokes, wolves and blackpools but we have not capitalised. Pavs not fighting anymore and crouch isnt good enough. Have to beat city away which will be tough.
Iv seen the kid, he is amazing. Probably sign for someone next week lol

I think your right. No disrespect to the stokes, wolves and blackpools but we have not capitalised. Pavs not fighting anymore and crouch isnt good enough. Have to beat city away which will be tough.
Iv seen the kid, he is amazing. Probably sign for someone next week lol

City will sign him for 80 million. :lol

Chelski 0-1 Man Utd

United finally get a break at Stamford Bridge and fully deserved the win.

Even Carrick did something right by playing a great pass which set Giggs on the run that provided Shrek's goal.

They rode their luck with the non penalty at the end but considering the number of tackles on Shrek that went unpunished and the usual cheating from the likes of Drogba & Torres I think it balanced things out nicely.

Chelski 0-1 Man Utd

United finally get a break at Stamford Bridge and fully deserved the win.

Even Carrick did something right by playing a great pass which set Giggs on the run that provided Shrek's goal.

They rode their luck with the non penalty at the end but considering the number of tackles on Shrek that went unpunished and the usual cheating from the likes of Drogba & Torres I think it balanced things out nicely.

And as for that clear penalty towards the end of the game? And careful when you throw cheating around when you have NANI on your team who goes down with touch from an infant.

Looks like it'll be MANU Barca final. Should be a fairly easy win for Barca.

City will sign him for 80 million. :lol

That's too cheap. I say 100 million. :hi5:

This is how the PL will wrap up

1-MANU
2-Chelskie
3-Arsenal
4-Citeh
5-Spuds

I really hope blackpool stays up...they are fun to watch and can show many premier league teams how to actually play the sport and not just thug everyone around. (stoke)

That's too cheap. I say 100 million. :hi5:

This is how the PL will wrap up

1-MANU
2-Chelskie
3-Arsenal
4-Citeh
5-Spuds

I really hope blackpool stays up...they are fun to watch and can show many premier league teams how to actually play the sport and not just thug everyone around. (stoke)

Not much of a stretch there from the current standings. :lol

This is how I see it ending:

1-Spurs
2-West Ham
3-Newcastle
4-Ipswich
5-City..................Birmingham City

There you have it... Lots of movement during the upcoming weeks.:lol

Not much of a stretch there from the current standings. :lol

This is how I see it ending:

1-Spurs
2-West Ham
3-Newcastle
4-Ipswich
5-City..................Birmingham City

There you have it... Lots of movement during the upcoming weeks.:lol

Can I have some of whatever you are smoking? :peace

Can I have some of whatever you are smoking? :peace

:lol If I still smoked I'd gladly share with you, Arse fan or not. :hi5:

No faith that Ipswich can get promoted and finish in the top 5 all within a matter of a month and a half eh?.................. Guess I could be asking for a bit too much there. :(

:lol If I still smoked I'd gladly share with you, Arse fan or not. :hi5:

No faith that Ipswich can get promoted and finish in the top 5 all within a matter of a month and a half eh?.................. Guess I could be asking for a bit too much there. :(

Hmmm unlikely. I certainly hope that QPR come up (fav club of my fav band's singer (the cure-robert smith)) along with Forest. I think both clubs would do well in the PL.

Looks like it'll be MANU Barca final. Should be a fairly easy win for Barca.

Agreed. No way United's defence will be able to cope with their attack. Even Vidic has looked a bit shaky of late and Van der Sar can't save everything.

Shrek's ban includes the FA Cup semi-final with City and in an odd coincidence a member of the FA board is one of their directors.........no agenda there then.

I think he should have taken a leaf out of Eric Cantona's book....he once went into a disciplinary hearing with the French FA, called each member of the board an idiot and walked out :lol

The Crystal Palace fan he kung fu kicked in 1995 was back in the news this week as he's up on assault charges for attacking the manager of his son's football team.

When you also consider his past as a member of the National Front ( BNP ) it seems Eric was doing society a service by sticking his boot in.

Hmmm unlikely. I certainly hope that QPR come up (fav club of my fav band's singer (the cure-robert smith)) along with Forest. I think both clubs would do well in the PL.

I have no rooting interest for any team other than Spurs but I wouldn't mind seeing Forest come up. They have too rich a history to be stuck in the lower divisions..... Leeds too for that matter.

QPR seem to be a lock.

Sky's replacement for Andy Gray is........................Gary Neville!

Can't wait for his unbiased analysis on games with City and the Bindippers :rotfl

Bit of a strange one and i know alot of people dont like him but what a pro he was. Never see him rolling out of clubs or cheating on his wife and lived for the badge. I think alot of clubs would kill for a loyal player who lived and breathed for the club instead of jumping on the gravy train wondering which ferrari he was going to buy next.
when he was in the crowd behind the goal with the man u fans cheering his team on summed him up.
I didnt really like him but had alot of respect for him.

Id like to have seen stelling and le tiss get it. Matt le tiss knows the game very well and was a superb player.

Bit of a strange one and i know alot of people dont like him but what a pro he was. Never see him rolling out of clubs or cheating on his wife and lived for the badge. I think alot of clubs would kill for a loyal player who lived and breathed for the club instead of jumping on the gravy train wondering which ferrari he was going to buy next.
when he was in the crowd behind the goal with the man u fans cheering his team on summed him up.
I didnt really like him but had alot of respect for him.

Id like to have seen stelling and le tiss get it. Matt le tiss knows the game very well and was a superb player.

In the last 3 years or so injuries caught up with him but for the most part he was a great servant to the club and I think it'll be intresting because whatever you think of him he spent his entire career at the top level so he knows the game inside out.

Man Utd 2-0 Fulham

Routine win. Great to see Berbatov add to his total, Valencia continue his impressive return from injury and Nani had one of his good days as well.

Le Tis...The original incarnation of Berbatov.
Utd 10 clear. I predict 1-1 Blackpool vs Gooners
Can't wait for Nev's analysis of Liverpool's games where he draws stink lines and willy's on the heads of the Scouse players:clap

Back