English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

In the last 3 years or so injuries caught up with him but for the most part he was a great servant to the club and I think it'll be intresting because whatever you think of him he spent his entire career at the top level so he knows the game inside out.

Man Utd 2-0 Fulham

Routine win. Great to see Berbatov add to his total, Valencia continue his impressive return from injury and Nani had one of his good days as well.

Thats what i mean, a rare breed and something you dont see much these days which is a shame

Le Tis...The original incarnation of Berbatov.
Utd 10 clear. I predict 1-1 Blackpool vs Gooners
Can't wait for Nev's analysis of Liverpool's games where he draws stink lines and willy's on the heads of the Scouse players:clap

I see us losing to Blackpool 2-0. And the title will be MANUs. The only thing to look forward to is the eventual CL final where Barca will destroy MANU in the final and quiet the MANU fans who say their club is the best in the world. Messi is going to have a field day against the MANU defense...I can easily see a 4 or 5 nil game if things get out of hand.

I see us losing to Blackpool 2-0. And the title will be MANUs. The only thing to look forward to is the eventual CL final where Barca will destroy MANU in the final and quiet the MANU fans who say their club is the best in the world. Messi is going to have a field day against the MANU defense...I can easily see a 4 or 5 nil game if things get out of hand.

:lol:lol Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :slap
On their day Barca are unplayable and can destryoy ANY team. Let's not go there eh? :wink1:

Last edited:

Le Tis...The original incarnation of Berbatov.
Utd 10 clear. I predict 1-1 Blackpool vs Gooners
Can't wait for Nev's analysis of Liverpool's games where he draws stink lines and willy's on the heads of the Scouse players:clap

Looks like we were both wrong...you said Arsenal 1-1 and I thought they might lose. I'll take the 3-1 win and only 7 points behind with a game still in hand. Not going to be easy but we might be able to pull it off.

Looks like we were both wrong...you said Arsenal 1-1 and I thought they might lose. I'll take the 3-1 win and only 7 points behind with a game still in hand. Not going to be easy but we might be able to pull it off.

:lol Yeah defo. It's far from over. We've got a tough one away against the Geordies straight after massive games in the CL and FA Cup.
Good result for Arsenal but I hear they rode their luck a little?
I'm still convinced our game at Highbury is the decider...

:lol Yeah defo. It's far from over. We've got a tough one away against the Geordies straight after massive games in the CL and FA Cup.
Good result for Arsenal but I hear they rode their luck a little?
I'm still convinced our game at Highbury is the decider...

Equal luck..balanced out in end. Blackpool should have had a penalty right after their first goal but we hit the woodwork 3 times. I'm happy for the win but really sad to see Blackpool lose. They are a team that deserves to stay up..they play attacking soccer every game and never sit back and park the bus. Plus their fans are amazing. I really hope they stay up.

I'm kinda rooting for Chelsea right now...

I'm kinda rooting for both. I want to see MANU knocked out of the CL, but I also realize that the longer they are in the CL the more chances Arsenal might have to creep up to first place. If manu have to play inter in the next round they are going to get knocked around a lot. Then to face Barca in the final they might have to rest some players in PL games.

Well that's game over. The gold medal Portuguese high diving champion goes done again with barley any contact and Ramirez gets a red. Nani is one of those players I hate watching..all he does is fall down and try to get cards on the other team. Truly pathetic.

Last edited:

I'm kinda rooting for both. I want to see MANU knocked out of the CL, but I also realize that the longer they are in the CL the more chances Arsenal might have to creep up to first place. If manu have to play inter in the next round they are going to get knocked around a lot. Then to face Barca in the final they might have to rest some players in PL games.

Well that's game over. The gold medal Portuguese high diving champion goes done again with barley any contact and Ramirez gets a red. Nani is one of those players I hate watching..all he does is fall down and try to get cards on the other team. Truly pathetic.

Ramirez was stupid to make that challenge and it was a yellow.
Still think United will win the prem, they look to be getting stronger.
Your lot will have to beat united and win the game in hand with Liverpool which will be tough as they have an outside chance of top 4.
Uniteds semi final isnt a given tho, Schalke are dangerous.

I'm not even sure United fans like Nani...

I certainly don't. He has 1 or 2 good games in every 10 and the rest of the time is spent running into people, falling over if a gust of wind catches him or hitting the first defender with nearly every corner or free kick he takes.

Chicharito is much smaller physically than Nani yet he takes all kinds of battering including at least 2 elbows in the face this evening yet he just gets up and gets on with it and looks a danger to the opposition nearly every time he gets the ball.

I think Uncle Roman should sell Chelski and buy out the Glazers as he'd have a better chance of winning the Champions League he wants so badly.

SAF wouldn't waste his money on crap like Torres either.

Okay, I tried to say it nicely but that clearly doesn't work here, so I'll say it simply. Some posts deleted.
Please do not insult or make snyde comments to others just because they may have a differing opinion. All opinions are welcome, no matter who they support. This thread is to discuss Football and anyone can contribute but no-one gets a free pass to insult so anymore stupid back and forth will just result in infractions.

If someone is trolling and insulting/arguing, do not respond to them, simply report the post, ignore it and move on.
Thanks
x :peace

Okay, I tried to say it nicely but that clearly doesn't work here, so I'll say it simply. Some posts deleted.
Please do not insult or make snyde comments to others just because they may have a differing opinion. All opinions are welcome, no matter who they support. This thread is to discuss Football and anyone can contribute but no-one gets a free pass to insult so anymore stupid back and forth will just result in infractions.

If someone is trolling and insulting/arguing, do not respond to them, simply report the post, ignore it and move on.
Thanks
x :peace

Sorry..that was my fault. I don't know how to report a thread..so instead of passing it onto a mod I took matters into my own hands. :(

Man Utd 0-1 Man City

No Giggs, No Shrek = no chance.

The central midfield pair of Carrick & Scholes were totally outmuscled and it comes as no real suprise that both contributed to the defeat, Carrick by making the mistake that lead to the goal and Scholes with his usual thug tactics which for once got him a red card....if he has any dignity he should retire with immediate effect.

Prior to that the team looked a shadow of the one that bounced back so well from the two league defeats.

Although he wasn't helped by not having a strike partner Berbatov still missed two chances that Hernandez would have buried and his record of scoring in big games is poor.....he should be sold in the summer while they can still get a decent amount for him.

Aside from the hapless Carrick & Scholes the ever useless Nani was nowhere, Park ran a lot but to no real effect and only Valencia has any real excuse for a bad performance as he's still relatively rusty after being out 6 months injured.

Maybe this will be the wakeup call that SAF needs to realise the midfield is in severe need of improvement.

I don't expect the team to collapse because it's not in their mentality but it will certainly give Arsenal some renewed hope.

I also think Bolton or Stoke will win the FA Cup because City are so obsessed with getting one over United they'll probably think they've already won the trophy and take the final too lightly.

Last edited:

Man Utd 0-1 Man City

No Giggs, No Shrek = no chance.

The central midfield pair of Carrick & Scholes were totally outmuscled and it comes as no real suprise that both contributed to the defeat, Carrick by making the mistake that lead to the goal and Scholes with his usual thug tactics which for once got him a red card....if he has any dignity he should retire with immediate effect.

Prior to that the team looked a shadow of the one that bounced back so well from the two league defeats.

Although he wasn't helped by not having a strike partner Berbatov still missed two chances that Hernandez would have buried and his record of scoring in big games is poor.....he should be sold in the summer while they can still get a decent amount for him.

Aside from the hapless Carrick & Scholes the ever useless Nani was nowhere, Park ran a lot but to no real effect and only Valencia has any real excuse for a bad performance as he's still relatively rusty after being out 6 months injured.

Maybe this will be the wakeup call that SAF needs to realise the midfield is in severe need of improvement.

I don't expect the team to collapse because it's not in their mentality but it will certainly give Arsenal some renewed hope.

I also think Bolton or Stoke will win the FA Cup because City are so obsessed with getting one over United they'll probably think they've already won the trophy and take the final too lightly.

God would that be awful if Stoke won the fa cup. Rather see bolton win it with the teams left.

Keep hearing how Scholes is England's best player ever in their history..if that's true when is the guy going to learn how to tackle? :slap:slap:slap

God would that be awful if Stoke won the fa cup. Rather see bolton win it with the teams left.

Keep hearing how Scholes is England's best player ever in their history..if that's true when is the guy going to learn how to tackle? :slap:slap:slap

Although his tackling was never great Scholes WAS a great player but because of various injuries ceased being consistently effective 3-5 years ago and he is now an embarassing liability.

In my opinion he has only been kept around because,

A) SAF appreciates loyalty.
B) The club hasn't got the money to buy a decent replacement such as Wesley Sneijder.

Bolton or Stoke winning the cup would at least be a nice story as they've not got millions to spend.

Even if it City win the cup they are still light years away from winning a league title because they don't have the self discipline required for a long haul like the Premier League.

There's already been numerous bustups with players and coaching staff this season so if they can't keep it together off the pitch the egos are bound to clash on the field as players like Balotelli will be out for themselves first and the team second........that is not a recipe for sustained success.

Last edited:

did that arsenal/liverpool game just happen? :lol :lol

Yes it did and once again the Arse have blown a golden opportunity to put real pressure on the leaders :)

Stoke destroyed Bolton 5-0 in the other FA Cup semi-final so hopefully they can do likewise to City.

Back