English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

yeah, it was a stone wall penalty though, Wenger has to blame players not referee

yeah, it was a stone wall penalty though, Wenger has to blame players not referee

If he does have a go at the ref I hope he gets a touchline ban.

After yesterday's debacle I hope the United squad are given a boost by today's result, a 6 point lead at this stage is pretty good and if they can come through the games with Arsenal and Chelski unscathed then it should be league title number 19.

We did that to ourselves. Yet again we have great creativity but fail to put our chances away. :( 6 points is still within reach but it keeps getting harder if we drop points like that.

Our DVR cut off right as Liverpool were taking that edge of penalty area free kick..had to get online to figure out what happened. Was not surprised to see that they scored.

I wish Wenger would just come out and be honest and not talk through cannon eyes.
It was a pen and his side was stupid to throw it away not that they deserved to win.
Said it for so long there is no leader at the arse. If they had a propper captain who shouts, direct and organises his side, they wouldn't throw theses type of big games away.
Cant see no way back now and i think Sir Alex deserves alot of credit in getting the worse united squad in years in this position in the league and champs league once again.
Credit to stoke but I wanted to see Bolton win today as I feel theyd have a good chance against city in the final.

Said it for so long there is no leader at the arse. If they had a propper captain who shouts, direct and organises his side, they wouldn't throw theses type of big games away.

Arsenal need another Tony Adams as much as United need another Roy Keane.

Both got their share of stick for their rough style of play but the influence on the rest of their teams was immense.

Arsenal need another Tony Adams as much as United need another Roy Keane.

Both got their share of stick for their rough style of play but the influence on the rest of their teams was immense.

True but Man U have 2 leaders at the back in Rio and Vidic. You just have to look at the other defenders like Smalling, Evans .. how much better and more assured they are when either Rio or vidic partners them.
Wenger should sell Fabregas this summer. The guy doesnt look like his heart is there anymore. Nasri is stalling on his extension... I would get him signed up and play him central and use the fabregas money to strengthen the squad.
Will be a big game at the lane this wednesday. We can all but bury there title chances and push on for 4th.
Be a tough game.

True but Man U have 2 leaders at the back in Rio and Vidic. You just have to look at the other defenders like Smalling, Evans .. how much better and more assured they are when either Rio or vidic partners them.
Wenger should sell Fabregas this summer. The guy doesnt look like his heart is there anymore. Nasri is stalling on his extension... I would get him signed up and play him central and use the fabregas money to strengthen the squad.
Will be a big game at the lane this wednesday. We can all but bury there title chances and push on for 4th.
Be a tough game.

We need it. Could be a massive three points.

Newcastle Utd 0-0 Man Utd

Another 2 points thrown away thanks to some awful play in the final 3rd of the pitch.

Vidic and Smalling were outstanding but Shrek was the only attacker who looked on form and if I were him I would have punched Nani for the amount of times he f'd things up.

Arsenal have been given another chance to close the gap but Spurs aren't likely to roll over as they've still got 4th to go for as well as the chance to mess up things for their North London rivals.

One intresting note was the absence of Berbatov from even the subs bench............methinks his days are numbered. I just hope wherever he goes he takes Carrick, Anderson and Nani with him.

Another 2 points thrown away thanks to some awful play in the final 3rd of the pitch.

Vidic and Smalling were outstanding but Shrek was the only attacker who looked on form and if I were him I would have punched Nani for the amount of times he f'd things up.

Arsenal have been given another chance to close the gap but Spurs aren't likely to roll over as they've still got 4th to go for as well as the chance to mess up things for their North London rivals.

One intresting note was the absence of Berbatov from even the subs bench............methinks his days are numbered. I just hope wherever he goes he takes Carrick, Anderson and Nani with him.

Man U got lucky Newcastle Utd didnt get a PK in the 1st half,it sure looked like a foul in the box to me.

Manu sure didn't look like the best team ever as one forum member loves to declare over and over. I think we will beat the Spuds tomorrow and will pull within 4 points. And I think with Manu's CL games coming up we have a shot at beating them at the Emirates. The title is far from gone for the Arsenal! I do hope that if MANU win the title, during the trophy presentation, Rooney, his wife and all his affairs accept the trophy together. I think it would be very touching and a strong image for Manchester United as a whole. Maybe they can bring up earlier in the year when Rooney wanted to leave the club and the crap that went down with that. And at the end...Nani falls off the stage into a kiddie pool of water and gets 10s all around for his. :rotfl:rotfl

Manu sure didn't look like the best team ever as one forum member loves to declare over and over. I think we will beat the Spuds tomorrow and will pull within 4 points. And I think with Manu's CL games coming up we have a shot at beating them at the Emirates. The title is far from gone for the Arsenal! I do hope that if MANU win the title, during the trophy presentation, Rooney, his wife and all his affairs accept the trophy together. I think it would be very touching and a strong image for Manchester United as a whole. Maybe they can bring up earlier in the year when Rooney wanted to leave the club and the crap that went down with that. And at the end...Nani falls off the stage into a kiddie pool of water and gets 10s all around for his. :rotfl:rotfl

The way this United squad is makes it impossible to take anything for granted.

If they were as untouchable as some fans claim, they would be out of sight.......look at those games before Christmas where they were winning and allowed the opposition to get a draw. Had they won those games that'd be another 10-12 points onto their current total.

Part of me almost wants them to blow the League as it might finally wake SAF up to the fact the midfield is in serious need of rebuilding and another attacker is required to go with Hernandez & ( if he stays ) Shrek.

Although I think he probably already knows but can't do a damn thing because there's no money for proven talent.

The way this United squad is makes it impossible to take anything for granted.

If they were as untouchable as some fans claim, they would be out of sight.......look at those games before Christmas where they were winning and allowed the opposition to get a draw. Had they won those games that'd be another 10-12 points onto their current total.

Look at all the points Arsenal have dropped this year. :( The game that might cost us the title was that incredible comeback from Newcastle when we were up 4-0. And this last game with Liverpool....that's 4 points right there.

Although second place isn't the worst place to be. It's been 6 years since we've been in second, so I guess that's an improvement. But on the other hand it's frustrating to know that we might have won the title this year but not for those mental/defensive lapses.

I actually think chelsea might pinch 2nd now. I dont think we will lose tonight, probably a draw or a home win.
With regards to Sir Alex, Im pretty sure he knows the midfield needs strengthening but i doubt you will ever see united go out and spend the 20 or 30 millions on players anymore due to there debt owed.
People keep saying go and get Bale, get sneijder ... Ireally dont see it happening whilst the glazers are there. When they sold ronaldo, the world best player at the time, everyone thought Ribery would come in but it never happened and I think you will see more players for the future in the 10m plus bracket signed.

I actually think chelsea might pinch 2nd now. I dont think we will lose tonight, probably a draw or a home win.
With regards to Sir Alex, Im pretty sure he knows the midfield needs strengthening but i doubt you will ever see united go out and spend the 20 or 30 millions on players anymore due to there debt owed.
People keep saying go and get Bale, get sneijder ... Ireally dont see it happening whilst the glazers are there. When they sold ronaldo, the world best player at the time, everyone thought Ribery would come in but it never happened and I think you will see more players for the future in the 10m plus bracket signed.

I don't think Chelsea will pass us for second..mainly due to the game between them and MANU. If either one drops points it helps us in our current position. Plus we have a far easier schedule remaining than Chelsea does...

MANU will have to buy some players this summer...I dont see giggs and scholes coming back. Berbatov will be sold, and I think they will try to sell Nani but won't find any takers for the price they'll be asking for. As for Arsenal I'm positive that Dennilson, Arshavin, Rosicky, Fabianski, and Eboue will be sold off. We need a second keeper and someone to partner with RVP upfront. Other than that I think we are set. Fabregas, Nasri, Wilshere and Walcott make a nice solid midfield. Bring in Song and Ramsey off the bench...

North London Derby time!!!

And I'm working.... It's recorded, so if we win I'll watch.

That sucks...my wife took today off and I'm leaving early. It's supposed to be close to 80 here in VA so I'm going to make some (MANY) frozen margaritas and homemade guacamole and chips. Watch Arsenal take spurs to school then hopefully the same with Madrid upsetting barca. :)

That sucks...my wife took today off and I'm leaving early. It's supposed to be close to 80 here in VA so I'm going to make some (MANY) frozen margaritas and homemade guacamole and chips. Watch Arsenal take spurs to school then hopefully the same with Madrid upsetting barca. :)

Margaritas and guac, sounds so good.... :( Meanwhile I'll be working on quarter ending reports.

Margaritas and guac, sounds so good.... :( Meanwhile I'll be working on quarter ending reports.

I'll rush one right out to you. Just a warning though..I put a couple of drops of Orange Bitters on my margaritas...it adds a nice flavor level to it.

I don't think Chelsea will pass us for second..mainly due to the game between them and MANU. If either one drops points it helps us in our current position. Plus we have a far easier schedule remaining than Chelsea does...

MANU will have to buy some players this summer...I dont see giggs and scholes coming back. Berbatov will be sold, and I think they will try to sell Nani but won't find any takers for the price they'll be asking for. As for Arsenal I'm positive that Dennilson, Arshavin, Rosicky, Fabianski, and Eboue will be sold off. We need a second keeper and someone to partner with RVP upfront. Other than that I think we are set. Fabregas, Nasri, Wilshere and Walcott make a nice solid midfield. Bring in Song and Ramsey off the bench...

Depends what happens tonight. If we were to win, which could happen, I think chelsea have west ham this week... And you wouldnt put it past them to go on a run.
As for your team, def needs a top keeper to go with the youngster. I think he needs another centre back, another forward, a leader in midfield and possibly a left winger.
Fabregas is a great player but he doesnt look like he wants to be there anymore and i actually think you dont need him.
Nasri should be moved central and Ramsay is a very good player.
Wilshire has the world at his feet and is up to him how far he wants to go. He really is that good that i dont think you will kiss fabregas and scary to think what he will be like in a couple of years time.
Scholes is finished now but i still see giggs playing another year.
Nani, as much as he annoys me, will chip in and make goals.
The way our strike force is right now, id take berba back.
Pains me to say.

Back