English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

Depends what happens tonight. If we were to win, which could happen, I think chelsea have west ham this week... And you wouldnt put it past them to go on a run.
As for your team, def needs a top keeper to go with the youngster. I think he needs another centre back, another forward, a leader in midfield and possibly a left winger.
Fabregas is a great player but he doesnt look like he wants to be there anymore and i actually think you dont need him.
Nasri should be moved central and Ramsay is a very good player.
Wilshire has the world at his feet and is up to him how far he wants to go. He really is that good that i dont think you will kiss fabregas and scary to think what he will be like in a couple of years time.
Scholes is finished now but i still see giggs playing another year.
Nani, as much as he annoys me, will chip in and make goals.
The way our strike force is right now, id take berba back.
Pains me to say.

I'd take Berba back too... On a positive note, I'd be able to wear my Berba shirt again.

I'd take Berba back too... On a positive note, I'd be able to wear my Berba shirt again.

Yeah i have a signed one also.
Seriously tho, apart from vdv, I would have liked to see how the berba, keane partnership would have done with the likes of Bale, Modric and co supplying the ammo.
Even berba and vdv could have been very interesting.

The squads looking pretty good right now. King and Woodgate back in full training so no long term injuries.
Well, for a week or two lol

Berba is a better player to me than Rooney. He holds the ball up so much better and I think is a bit more lethal with his final touch. Plus you never have to worry about him going mental or throwing a fit and getting a red card.

Depends what happens tonight. If we were to win, which could happen, I think chelsea have west ham this week... And you wouldnt put it past them to go on a run.
As for your team, def needs a top keeper to go with the youngster. I think he needs another centre back, another forward, a leader in midfield and possibly a left winger.
Fabregas is a great player but he doesnt look like he wants to be there anymore and i actually think you dont need him.
Nasri should be moved central and Ramsay is a very good player.
Wilshire has the world at his feet and is up to him how far he wants to go. He really is that good that i dont think you will kiss fabregas and scary to think what he will be like in a couple of years time.
Scholes is finished now but i still see giggs playing another year.
Nani, as much as he annoys me, will chip in and make goals.
The way our strike force is right now, id take berba back.
Pains me to say.

Jack will be our leader for a long time to come. Fabregas is a great player but you're right..he head is in Spain. I would really hate to lose him though.. :(

Yeah i have a signed one also.
Seriously tho, apart from vdv, I would have liked to see how the berba, keane partnership would have done with the likes of Bale, Modric and co supplying the ammo.
Even berba and vdv could have been very interesting.

The squads looking pretty good right now. King and Woodgate back in full training so no long term injuries.
Well, for a week or two lol

If Ledders and Woody were able to play for an entire year we'd be damn tough... Such a shame that two of England's finest center backs have these constant injury issues...

Berba is a better player to me than Rooney. He holds the ball up so much better and I think is a bit more lethal with his final touch. Plus you never have to worry about him going mental or throwing a fit and getting a red card.

Rooney... He'll end up being a United legend and will have won a ton of silverware once he career is all said and done yet I'd still think he failed to live up to his true potential.

Only problem with Berba is you always left wondering what if he pushed himself a little more..... has imense ability and touch.
I think Rooney is a ____ but a brilliant player who always pushes himself.
Fergie must be so regretting selling Tevez.
I think Wilshire is a better player at his age than what Fabregas was.
He actually reminds me of when rooney first appeared for everton and made very good older players look silly and was completely fearless.
Could be our most important player for the Euro's

He rarely scores against the top sides in the league or at all in Europe and when others aren't playing well he doesn't do anything to try and grab the game by the balls and make things happen.

Technically he's great, he's the closest to a replacement for Cantona they've had in that respect but there's no fire in him and it shows in his half assed approach when things aren't going well.

I'd sooner see Giggs play until he's 45 than see the club persist with Nani.

1 good cross in every 50 and the occasional goal is not the record of a world class player and all the antics every time he gets tackled are pathetic....it's time that sniper shot him in the head and finished the job.

Although in fairness even Nani's contribution is better than,

Carrick = His surname must be another way of saying "poo" eg "I'm off for a Carrick" or "Look out! that dog did a Carrick on the pavement"

Anderson = The only Brazilian that can't run with the ball

Evans = "Oh crap! the opposition are about to score"

Well I gotta say I think Arsenal blew that game, very entertaining game though.

Well I gotta say I think Arsenal blew that game, very entertaining game though.

Thats why arsenal will never win the title, they cant drag out the results and at 3-1 the game should've been dead and buried. Awesome game though.

Yep I agree with sheringham in that they should have controlled the game at 3-1.
We probably should have won the game on the 2nd half performance but i would have taken a draw before the game and certainly at 3-1.
Great game and advert for the premier league

Good game spuds. Yet again we threw away a 2 goal lead. Don't think a point for each of us helps us at all. MANU has the title and looks like you guys will finish in 5th and miss the Champions League. As bad as this result was it was nice to know that for the 18th straight year, Arsenal will finish better than Spurs. And we will be in the CL while you guys fight it out in the UEFA Cup. Spuds will always be in our shadow. :)

Fair game..much better than last nights snooze fest with MANU. Give you guys credit for showing up and putting up a fight.

Good game spuds. Yet again we threw away a 2 goal lead. Don't think a point for each of us helps us at all. MANU has the title and looks like you guys will finish in 5th and miss the Champions League. As bad as this result was it was nice to know that for the 18th straight year, Arsenal will finish better than Spurs. And we will be in the CL while you guys fight it out in the UEFA Cup. Spuds will always be in our shadow. :)

Fair game..much better than last nights snooze fest with MANU. Give you guys credit for showing up and putting up a fight.

Hmmmm im not so sure about always being in your shadow. We've taken huge strides in closing the gap.... In a way a good point for us as that could be the point that deflects there goal difference. I think we can beat city on there dirt but will come down to our home games with and obviously city away.
Hopefully we can go one better to a semi in the champs league whilst the arse take another Benny hill spanking from Barca claiming they would have won with 11 men :lol
We will have to give you a three head start next time :lol

Hmmmm im not so sure about always being in your shadow. We've taken huge strides in closing the gap.... In a way a good point for us as that could be the point that deflects there goal difference. I think we can beat city on there dirt but will come down to our home games with and obviously city away.
Hopefully we can go one better to a semi in the champs league whilst the arse take another Benny hill spanking from Barca claiming they would have won with 11 men :lol
We will have to give you a three head start next time :lol

Sorry to say but yes...always in our shadow. Not faulting your team at all, but Arsenal are still the Kings of London. You have closed the gap...but you are still 4 places behind us in the standings.

Dont think you have a chance beating City at home...but 5th place isn't the end of the world....certainly better than most PL teams.

As for the spanking from Barca let's see how you guys would do. But we'll have to wait another year since you won't make the Champions this year. ;)

And if you want to talk head start, let's see Spuds go unbeaten an entire season like we did. :) I'll give you a 12-0 head start and bet you lose a game. :)

There can only be one north london club..and yet again it's the Arsenal!

Hard to bash Thudd too much since his goal made for a big part of us getting the draw today but his passing has been horrid. Harry needs to sit him and play Sandro till Tom is in match shape.

I got a chance to watch the first half during lunch at the gym here at work and thanks to it being broad-casted on ESPN. Nasri's goal really pissed me off. Between Dawson's legs then between God knows how many other players? Awful on our part, brilliant on Nasri's.

Any word on Bale?

Sorry to say but yes...always in our shadow. Not faulting your team at all, but Arsenal are still the Kings of London. You have closed the gap...but you are still 4 places behind us in the standings.

Dont think you have a chance beating City at home...but 5th place isn't the end of the world....certainly better than most PL teams.

As for the spanking from Barca let's see how you guys would do. But we'll have to wait another year since you won't make the Champions this year. ;)

And if you want to talk head start, let's see Spuds go unbeaten an entire season like we did. :) I'll give you a 12-0 head start and bet you lose a game. :)

There can only be one north london club..and yet again it's the Arsenal!

Your right about only being one North london club seeing as your a south london club on wheels :lol
As for the standings, in the last 4 years, there has only been 1 to 3 spaces between us.
Beating City at home, we did it last season on the back of beating you and chelsea so it can be done especially now Tevez is out.
IUm more than happy with beating the champions of europe and there neighbours and if we have to wait another year and re-group, so be it.
As for the Arse, 1 more year and you might be able to remove the emirates cup from the top shelf :wink1:
Although you are the only club in champions league history not to record a single shot on target against another team :clap

Your right about only being one North london club seeing as your a south london club on wheels :lol
As for the standings, in the last 4 years, there has only been 1 to 3 spaces between us.
Beating City at home, we did it last season on the back of beating you and chelsea so it can be done especially now Tevez is out.
IUm more than happy with beating the champions of europe and there neighbours and if we have to wait another year and re-group, so be it.
As for the Arse, 1 more year and you might be able to remove the emirates cup from the top shelf :wink1:
Although you are the only club in champions league history not to record a single shot on target against another team :clap

Ouch..you had to bring that up didn't you. :thud:

That was a snarky, margarita fueled post from me. Was really pissed that we yet again let a team come back to tie us...

Hard to bash Thudd too much since his goal made for a big part of us getting the draw today but his passing has been horrid. Harry needs to sit him and play Sandro till Tom is in match shape.

I got a chance to watch the first half during lunch at the gym here at work and thanks to it being broad-casted on ESPN. Nasri's goal really pissed me off. Between Dawson's legs then between God knows how many other players? Awful on our part, brilliant on Nasri's.

Any word on Bale?

Nope nothing yet.
Couldnt believe how open we were first half but what a hit from hud.
Goal keeper got what he deserved for the dirty wink...
Tom started to look better once he scored but it will take a few more games.
Really not sure why Harry picked Pav ahead of Defoe. I know defoe has not been scoring but he looked sharp againsr madrid and would have liked to have seen him play on the shoulder.
Id actually sooner see crouch head the ball even if its on the floor.
Even a pen.
The boy just cant shoot.

Nope nothing yet.
Couldnt believe how open we were first half but what a hit from hud.
Goal keeper got what he deserved for the dirty wink...
Tom started to look better once he scored but it will take a few more games.
Really not sure why Harry picked Pav ahead of Defoe. I know defoe has not been scoring but he looked sharp againsr madrid and would have liked to have seen him play on the shoulder.
Id actually sooner see crouch head the ball even if its on the floor.
Even a pen.
The boy just cant shoot.

I'm open to Spurs rebuilding the entire strike force... Defoe, Crouch and Pav all have major flaws in their game. Assuming we don't finish top 4, I think it's safe to say we dropped the ball on successive CL campaigns by not signing a forward. If we can keep all our players I'd say our offseason focus should be on striker and center back. It's time to move past any reliance upon Ledders and Woodgate and fill at least one of those spots with a highly capable, and healthy, player. Bassong might need to move on as well as he's just not athletic enough to play at the level we require.

Ouch..you had to bring that up didn't you. :thud:

That was a snarky, margarita fueled post from me. Was really pissed that we yet again let a team come back to tie us...

Haha had to be done :wink1:
I have quite a few gayners at work sthat sometimes need reminding :lol

I'm open to Spurs rebuilding the entire strike force... Defoe, Crouch and Pav all have major flaws in their game. Assuming we don't finish top 4, I think it's safe to say we dropped the ball on successive CL campaigns by not signing a forward. If we can keep all our players I'd say our offseason focus should be on striker and center back. It's time to move past any reliance upon Ledders and Woodgate and fill at least one of those spots with a highly capable, and healthy, player. Bassong might need to move on as well as he's just not athletic enough to play at the level we require.

I was also annoyed that we seem to always leave in the transfer window but usually pull a rabbit last min yet this time, we will suffer because of the lack of a quality new forward and whats worse, now weve had champs league football, it will be tough to keep the bales and modric's whatever there contracts state.
I hated what Levy did to Jol but since then, he has put the club first and invested and run it well.
Just seems very unwise the4 front line ws not addressed.
Id keep Defoe as he usually hits 15 to 20 a season, maybe more.
Pav needs to move on and crouch needs a leg transplant or leave :lecture :lol

Back