English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's my point. There have been days where no one ever posts except me (NFL thread). They all show up on NFL sunday.:lol

Well, it goes days without posts here too... The season just started the weekend before last, and my teams EPL season just started yesterday due to the riots, so we're all a little more excited right now.

And we respect each other more than the nfl posters.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I go into the NFL thread too but overall the discussions there are far more edgy.

And we respect each other more than the nfl posters.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I go into the NFL thread too but overall the discussions there are far more edgy.

There's a couple wannabe bad asses like Oscorp and BadMoon so I have to be edgy to keep the animals in line.:lol

Trust me, I'd rather not do it. :)

Seriously, you'd be welcomed there. :D

Damn, so many questions to ask.:slap :lol

For starters is there a good website to go to that breaks down standing, divisions, point system, favorites........kinda like EPL 101 for dummies. :lol

EPL is the English Premier League.
20 teams play each other twice over the course of the season
1 Champion
4 European Champions league spots
Top 3 automatically go into the following years CL, whilst the 4th placed team has to go through qualifiers at the start of the season
5th spot earns you a shot at the UEFA cup and football on a Thursday night on Channel five :)
Bottom 3 teams get relegated to the English 1st division.
3 points for a win
1 point for a draw
0 points for a loss
Goal difference (scored/conceded) can work as an additional point if both teams are equal on points with highest GD bettering a lower GD

Man Utd are the champions of England and favourites
Man City have spent oil money to buy 2 teams and are in with a shout
Chelsea have been the recent challengers to Utd's dominance
Arsenal are always thereabouts as will be Liverpool and maybe to a lesser extent Tottenham...
Take your pick from the likes of Swansea, QPR, Wolverhampton & Stoke as favourites to get relegated.
As for the rest of the teams they fight to survive mid table year on year with no realistic hope of winning the league but staying up in the top flight where the money is and maybe pulling off a domestic cup win...

Last edited:
There's a couple wannabe bad asses like Oscorp and BadMoon so I have to be edgy to keep the animals in line.:lol

Trust me, I'd rather not do it. :)

Seriously, you'd be welcomed there. :D

Posted there..had posts deleted by mods...almost got banned from freaks. been there done that.

unless you are an eagles or steelers fan there's no sense posting in that thread...

EPL is the English Premier League.
20 teams play each other twice over the course of the season
1 Champion
4 European Champions league spots
Top 3 automatically go into the following years CL, whilst the 4th placed team has to go through qualifiers at the start of the season
5th spot earns you a shot at the UEFA cup and football on a Thursday night on Channel five :)
Bottom 3 teams get relegated to the English 1st division.
3 points for a win
1 point for a draw
0 points for a loss
Goal difference (scored/conceded) can work as an additional point if both teams are equal on points with highest GD bettering a lower GD

Man Utd are the champions of England and favourites
Man City have spent oil money to buy 2 teams and are in with a shout
Chelsea have been the recent challengers to Utd's dominance
Arsenal are always thereabouts as will be Liverpool and maybe to a lesser extent Tottenham...

Thank you! I learned more in one post than I knew my entire lifetime. :rock

Posted there..had posts deleted by mods...almost got banned from freaks. been there done that.

unless you are an eagles or steelers fan there's no sense posting in that thread...

Sorry to hear that. Almost banned? Mods don't come there. The NFL thread is known as the "Lawless Badlands." :lol

Sure, there are some idiot Steeler/Eagles fans but I keep them in check. Hell, we even have a moron Vikings fan and it isn't me. :lol

It's a lot fun...you should give it another shot. We need more level headed folks like you in there.

By the way, you're from Virginia. Redskins fan?

Sorry to hear that. Almost banned? Mods don't come there. The NFL thread is known as the "Lawless Badlands." :lol

Sure, there are some idiot Steeler/Eagles fans but I keep them in check. Hell, we even have a moron Vikings fan and it isn't me. :lol

It's a lot fun...you should give it another shot. We need more level headed folks like you in there.

By the way, you're from Virginia. Redskins fan?

Hah...from Jersey...die hard Giants fan. Ive lived here for almost 20 years and I really want to root for the redskins..but i can never root for daniel snyder. maybe if a decent owner comes along i'll adopt them as a second team...but no..i hate the skins...not as much as spurs but pretty close. god...imagine what dan snyder would do with tottenham. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

And i almost got banned while talking about the whole vick/dog abuse thing. Needless to say..i wasn't as forgiving as many nfl fans.

I take it you're a tottenham fan?

:lol

I think i just threw up a little in my mouth. I wouldn't even let my dog root for spurs...she's a gooner. she's got the Arsenal dog collar, food/water bowls and dog bed. Even she laughs at them when we watch them play. And her left foot shot is much better than bale's. :rotfl

Last edited:
I think i just threw up a little in my mouth. I wouldn't even let my dog root for spurs...she's a gooner fan. she's got the Arsenal dog collar, food/water bowls and dog bed. Even she laughs at them when we watch them play. And her left foot shot is much better than bale's. :rotfl

Damn, that's how I feel about the Steelers, Cowboys and Eagles. When it comes to the Eagles, it's just their violent fans that make me sick.

Umm...what's a gooner fan?

Damn, that's how I feel about the Steelers, Cowboys and Eagles. When it comes to the Eagles, it's just their violent fans that make me sick.

Umm...what's a gooner fan?

Arsenal are also know as the "Gunners" based upon the image of a cannon as their logo. Fans of Arsenal have turned that into "gooners" to represent fans of the team.

Read more here on one of the better teams in the EPL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.

The other 3 top teams are mired in debt...MANU alone is 500 million in debt. We try keep sound financial papers while building a team within...not going out and buying the hottest thing on the market.

Hah...from Jersey...die hard Giants fan. Ive lived here for almost 20 years and I really want to root for the redskins..but i can never root for daniel snyder. maybe if a decent owner comes along i'll adopt them as a second team...but no..i hate the skins...not as much as spurs but pretty close. god...imagine what dan snyder would do with tottenham. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

And i almost got banned while talking about the whole vick/dog abuse thing. Needless to say..i wasn't as forgiving as many nfl fans.

Giants fan huh. Some of us never lived down the 41-0 debacle over the Vikes in the 2000 NFC Championship.:(

I've always said the Redskins will never go back to the Super Bowl as long as Daniel Snyder owns the team. :lecture

Arsenal are also know as the "Gunners" based upon the image of a cannon as their logo. Fans of Arsenal have turned that into "gooners" to represent fans of the team.

Read more here on one of the better teams in the EPL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.

The other 3 top teams are mired in debt...MANU alone is 500 million in debt. We try keep sound financial papers while building a team within...not going out and buying the hottest thing on the market.

Thanks for the link!

Back