English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, so many questions to ask.:slap :lol

For starters is there a good website to go to that breaks down standing, divisions, point system, favorites........kinda like EPL 101 for dummies. :lol

The official EPL is best for standings and divisions:

https://www.premierleague.com/page/Home/0,,12306,00.html

For a good message board I use:

www.bigsoccer.com/forum

And as for favorites I suggest you watch a season, try and watch every game you can and maybe pick a team from those you admire. Unless you want to be a homer and root for MANU...just like everyone here (USA) roots for the Yankees and Cowboys.

Last edited:
Well, it's mainly jealously... Of course I hate Arsenal because I'm a Spurs fan.... I'm supposed to.

I just wish all teams played an aesthetically pleasing style like Le Arse.

most teams are starting to. it was really fun to watch blackpool last season, i was devastated when they got relegated. i'm having fun watching swansea so far this season...they were moving the ball around this weekend similar to the glory days of my gunners.

Damn, so many questions to ask.:slap :lol

For starters is there a good website to go to that breaks down standing, divisions, point system, favorites........kinda like EPL 101 for dummies. :lol

And even though there are "financial laws" in place now, the EPl is slowly drifting towards the MLB, and NFL where only the rich teams who spend the most tend to win. There are only 3 teams in the EPL who would ever consider spending 60 million on a player..MANU, City and Chelsea...and those three teams will finish in the top 3 again this year. In another couple of years the EPL will resemble "La Liga" in spain where only barca and madrid are the only competitive teams cause they have the most money. There's no competition cause those teams just outspend every other team. Unless fifa really cracks down on teams over spending...it's going to be MANU, city and chelsea for the next 20-30 years.

There's no competition cause those teams just outspend every other team. Unless fifa really cracks down on teams over spending...it's going to be MANU, city and chelsea for the next 20-30 years.

Hopefully the home grown quota rule helps stop this. We have a good bunch of kids coming through the ranks at Liverpool. Nothing better than rooting for the local lads to make it at your club.

Hopefully the home grown quota rule helps stop this. We have a good bunch of kids coming through the ranks at Liverpool. Nothing better than rooting for the local lads to make it at your club.

if the quota rule is as strongly enforced as the financial fair play rule then it won't help anything. i got a giant kick out of all the problems, racism, cheating/diving in the champions league, uefa give wegner a 3 match ban for texting on his phone. THAT they can crack down on...but all the other stuff....:rotfl

if the quota rule is as strongly enforced as the financial fair play rule then it won't help anything. i got a giant kick out of all the problems, racism, cheating/diving in the champions league, uefa give wegner a 3 match ban for texting on his phone. THAT they can crack down on...but all the other stuff....:rotfl

You guys let us down last year. The title was yours for the taking. Damn Birmingham final!:banghead :lol

The official EPL is best for standings and divisions:

https://www.premierleague.com/page/Home/0,,12306,00.html

For a good message board I use:

www.bigsoccer.com/forum

And as for favorites I suggest you watch a season, try and watch every game you can and maybe pick a team from those you admire. Unless you want to be a homer and root for MANU...just like everyone here (USA) roots for the Yankees and Cowboys.

Thanks for the tips! To be honest, nothing will ever top the NFL but I'll give this EPL thing a shot. :lol

Nope, not a homer type guy so I'd never choose puke MANU. I'll have to look for an underdog.

And even though there are "financial laws" in place now, the EPl is slowly drifting towards the MLB, and NFL where only the rich teams who spend the most tend to win. There are only 3 teams in the EPL who would ever consider spending 60 million on a player..MANU, City and Chelsea...and those three teams will finish in the top 3 again this year. In another couple of years the EPL will resemble "La Liga" in spain where only barca and madrid are the only competitive teams cause they have the most money. There's no competition cause those teams just outspend every other team. Unless fifa really cracks down on teams over spending...it's going to be MANU, city and chelsea for the next 20-30 years.

That's exactly why I moved away from baseball. Just got tired of the Yanks/Sox debate.

Well, off to do some EPL research....chop chop

Last edited:
A salary cap with revenue sharing is why the NFL is the most popular and financially sound league in the world.

Okay, from past posts I've seen you're a Spurs fan.....And to which team does that nickname belong to? :lol

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. :lecture Spurs and Arsenal both play in North London and are bitter rivals.... We're decent. There's holes in the squad but there's also some phenomenal players. To say Spurs are a top six side isn't a stretch. I'd imagine we'll finish somewhere between 4th :)pray:) and 6th along with Liverpool and Arsenal. First non-league team to have won the FA cup. First team to win the domestic double. First British club to win a UEFA club competition.

We had a nice run in the Champions League last year, beating both Inter and AC Milan before crashing out v Real Madrid thanks in large part to playing almost the entire first leg short a man... We then finished 5th in league, just outside of the Champions League spots.

A salary cap with revenue sharing is why the NFL is the most popular and financially sound league in the world.

Okay, from past posts I've seen you're a Spurs fan.....And to which team does that nickname belong to? :lol

Spurs have wet dreams that they are as good as Arsenal. They are known as "spuds" throughout most of the uk and most of their followers have a gimpy left leg and drool openly from their mouths.

Here's a direct conversation between flosi and myself.

[ame="https://youtu.be/utUyha0wjSE"]302 Found[/ame]

rub rub rub rub..i've lost track of the number of years the spuds have finished below us. when did noah make that ark again?

Last edited:
Spurs have wet dreams that they are as good as Arsenal. They are known as "spuds" throughout most of the uk and most of their followers have a gimpy left leg and drool openly from their mouths.

You lie, Eric!!

you-lie-1-2.jpg

Well, somewhat... :(

and ____ing hell of that kid doesnt look like me 35 years ago. that could have been me at highbury flipping off the spuds! :1-1:

Thanks for the tips! To be honest, nothing will ever top the NFL but I'll give this EPL thing a shot. :lol

Nope, not a homer type guy so I'd never choose puke MANU. I'll have to look for an underdog.

That's exactly why I moved away from baseball. Just got tired of the Yanks/Sox debate.

Well, off to do some EPL research....chop chop

As for the EPl i have 2 words for you...Thierry Henry.

[ame="https://youtu.be/1MyTmG7pi8o"]302 Found[/ame]

There will never be a striker as graceful as he was. My wife and I were lucky enough to meet him many years ago outside highbury at one of the gunner's last games at that stadium. class act and a true gooner!!

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. :lecture Spurs and Arsenal both play in North London and are bitter rivals.... First non-league team to have won the FA cup. First team to win the domestic double. First British club to win a UEFA club competition.

We had a nice run in the Champions League last year, beating both Inter and AC Milan before crashing out v Real Madrid thanks in large

Jeez, just outta my league.:dunno I'll leave now, thank you and goodbye.:wave

rub rub rub rub..i've lost track of the number of years the spuds have finished below us. when did noah make that ark again?

Now I know we're on a sports thread....gotta love the trash talk. :rock

Damn, there's more action here than the NFL thread. :lol :monkey2

Back