English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a shame the Glaziers have ruined Utd. I don't support them but Utd are a huge club who would have been competeing for the best players in world but they can't compete with Real, Barca, Chelsea & even worse for them, Man City.

It's a shame the Glaziers have ruined Utd. I don't support them but Utd are a huge club who would have been competeing for the best players in world but they can't compete with Real, Barca, Chelsea & even worse for them, Man City.

I also think that the manager has to share some of the blame for the decline by making too many poor signings eg,

The Da Silva twins ( injury prone and can't actually defend )
Carrick ( was never United material )
Park ( excels at selling merchandise in Asia, but little else )
Anderson ( injury prone and useless when he's actually fit )
Nani ( Ronaldo, very, very, very lite )
Valencia ( too inconsistent )
Young ( dives too much and isn't that great anyway )
Berbatov ( lazy git who rarely performed in big matches )
Hernandez ( one season wonder )
Owen ( he's gone now but should never have been signed in the first place )

There's also question marks over De Gea, Jones & Smalling and Ferdinand should be sold as he's a liability although Fergie's hands are probably tied there as he'd get accused of racism if he tried selling him.

The latest 2 signings are hardly a sign of any improvement as they're an unproven youngster and a Japanese international signed from Dortmund to assist Park in sales of United shirts in Asia.

The last 20 years or so have been a wonderful ride but United's time on top is done.

Anyone been watching the EPL. There's already been some great games. I've really enjoyed watching Swansea's 2 games, it's great to see a team with small finances playing great football & winning to. I fancy Man City again for the title but Utd & Chelsea may have something to say about that. Chelsea have been playing great so far & Hazard looks like the next football superstar. My team Arsenal though, things aren't looking so great. Two nil nil draws, they just look toothless up front now RVP's left. I'm really hoping they add one more proven striker before the transfer window shuts & a defensive midfielder but for all the money they make they don't like spending much of it unfortunately. Spurs are looking good again, I know there only got 1 point from two games but they were unlucky to have lost at Newcastle & should have beaten WBA. I think it's a fight between them, Arsenal & Liverpool for 4th but you can't rule out Newcastle or Everton either. It's going to be a great season :)

This season Man United are likely to finish outside the top 3 unless they make more improvements to the defence which is looking distinctly creaky.

De Gea has improved no end since he started but he can't stop everything.

Ferdinand, Evans, Jones & Smalling are perpetually injured, Evra is fading fast, Vidic will take time to get back into top form and Rafael likes attacking more than defending.

Fergie's solution?

He sends Fabio out on loan then buys another left back who's unproven at the top level, plays Valencia out of position and uses Michael f'ing Carrick in the central defence instead of doing the right thing and canceling his contract :slap

He does appear to have finally lost patience with Nani though and I hope the rumors of an impending departure are true, likewise for Anderson.

Kagawa & Van Persie could be great buys but are not enough to improve their chances of winning anything.

Another winger, defensive midfielder and centre back are needed if they're going to make a serious challenge for anything and it looks like it won't happen.

This has nothing to do with the EPL but did Barcelona put a bid on Ronaldo when he said he wanted to leave Utd?

This has nothing to do with the EPL but did Barcelona put a bid on Ronaldo when he said he wanted to leave Utd?

only 2 teams worth talking about there and the occasional dips they have ,
anyways talking about United, they have a big enough squad inspite of the injuries to finish in top 4, striker,rooney, Rvp, welbeck, berbatov,(dunno status of Macheda)
but they are going to have a tough time, interesting to see where they will end up this season though only Chelsea and cit looks like having a better and bigger squad than them,

I also think that the manager has to share some of the blame for the decline by making too many poor signings eg,

The Da Silva twins ( injury prone and can't actually defend )
Carrick ( was never United material )
Park ( excels at selling merchandise in Asia, but little else )
Anderson ( injury prone and useless when he's actually fit )
Nani ( Ronaldo, very, very, very lite )
Valencia ( too inconsistent )
Young ( dives too much and isn't that great anyway )
Berbatov ( lazy git who rarely performed in big matches )
Hernandez ( one season wonder )
Owen ( he's gone now but should never have been signed in the first place )

There's also question marks over De Gea, Jones & Smalling and Ferdinand should be sold as he's a liability although Fergie's hands are probably tied there as he'd get accused of racism if he tried selling him.

The latest 2 signings are hardly a sign of any improvement as they're an unproven youngster and a Japanese international signed from Dortmund to assist Park in sales of United shirts in Asia.

The last 20 years or so have been a wonderful ride but United's time on top is done.

This season Man United are likely to finish outside the top 3 unless they make more improvements to the defence which is looking distinctly creaky.

Ferdinand, Evans, Jones & Smalling are perpetually injured, Evra is fading fast, Vidic will take time to get back into top form and Rafael likes attacking more than defending.

Fergie's solution?

He sends Fabio out on loan then buys another left back who's unproven at the top level, plays Valencia out of position and uses Michael f'ing Carrick in the central defence instead of doing the right thing and canceling his contract :slap

He does appear to have finally lost patience with Nani though and I hope the rumors of an impending departure are true, likewise for Anderson.

Kagawa & Van Persie could be great buys but are not enough to improve their chances of winning anything.

Another winger, defensive midfielder and centre back are needed if they're going to make a serious challenge for anything and it looks like it won't happen.

You chat heap big bull ****.
You blatantly know jack about football and Utd. Pure drivel sorry m8

Nope... Guardiola was already at the helm and being the fierce believer in the cantera (youth system) being a product himself (from ball boy to player to captain to coach) he realised that the old practice of Barcelona to buy one big star as a response to their much richer rivals Real Madrid buying 2/3 big names every season wont work as Barcelona's playing style was specific to their whole setup from youth level. And therfore would need those already versed in the tactics like youth guys or players who could easily fit in (basically those who hold possession well and can pass and have a very good workrate)

And with the rise of Iniesta and Xavi because Guardiola got rid of Deco and Ronaldinho, he called up youth team players Pedro and Busquets and it worked well, as they became Sextuple winners... so it further strengthened the idea of no need to spend money on big names for the sake of big news

Besides Ronaldo was too expensive and would not fit in Barca's system of play as he hardly passes the ball and is pretty selfish compared to others...

Guardiola actually wanted to buy David Villa in that time, but the board said they couldnt pay Villa's 50mil release clause from Valencia. and the only club willing to pay 80mil for Ronaldo was Real Madrid...

I'm sure Barca would of taken on Ronaldo if they could but Ronaldo grew up supporting Real as a boy & had no interest in Barca. Xavi, Iniesta play in a different position slightly more central midfield, Ronaldo would play further a head of them. More were Pedro would play. I don't really like Ronaldo because he comes across so self obsessed but if Barca had Ronaldo, Messi & Villa as there forward 3 that's one scary forward line but I watched the 2nd half of the Barca game last night & it was good to see Villa back again after his broken leg. I watched the Real game after to which they lost 2-1. Already Real are 5 points behind Barca. I'm suprised there not bought a big name striker this season. I don't see there fascination with Modric is either, such an over rated player.

You chat heap big bull ****.
You blatantly know jack about football and Utd. Pure drivel sorry m8

I know enough to recognise that Utd's days at the top are ending and that their "special" fans cannot take criticism without resorting to tiresome insults.

It's no wonder fans of other teams hate Utd fans so much as their arrogance about the club's position and absolute blind faith in the declining abilities of Sir Alex Ferguson is nothing short of pathetic.

Were it not for De Gea Everton would have had 3 or 4 and they struggled to beat a team like Fulham.

The defence and midfield is still poor and a couple of decent signings doesn't make them any more likely to challenge for trophies particularly in Europe.

More results like last years humiliations against Man City and Bilbao last season will follow and all Fergie will do is persist with the same old faces and sign some more youngsters on the cheap who'll play a couple of times in the League Cup and never be seen again.

Last edited:

Fergie's solution?

I agree with your De Grea comment but I still think Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra & Silva is a very good defensive line. Silva can make some rash decisions like what he did in the Olympic final but he is getting better. Jones is a very versatile defender which is always good to have but Man Utd will I hate to say,be right up there. There got a lot of fire power & a great manager. It's going to be a tough season this season though. Man City have two Internaional squads, Chelsea have bought well & Torres seems back to old self again. Arsenal are looking blunt but Steve Bould has defensively sorted that defense up, I just hope they buy a proven striker like Llorente. Relying on Giroud is to risky. Spurs, Everton, Newcastle are going to have good seasons IMO. I don't know what to expect of Liverpool this season, they were useless against WBA but played so well against City yesterday. They should of won that but gave away two sloppy goals. I think Rogers will do well with them though, if he's given time.

With the Prem signing a huge Tv deal for next season. They were saying on TalkSport that as of next season that Premiership teams television money will rise a whopping 70% & that this season will be the worst year you could get relegated. I love watching the relegation fight it's always tight down there. Win you can just 3 or places, lose you can drop 3 or 4 places

I agree with your De Grea comment but I still think Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra & Silva is a very good defensive line. Silva can make some rash decisions like what he did in the Olympic final but he is getting better. Jones is a very versatile defender which is always good to have but Man Utd will be I hate to say it, right up there. There got a lot of fire power & a great manager. It's going to be a tough season this season though. Man City have two Internaional squads, Chelsea have bought well & Torres seems back to old self again. Arsenal are looking blunt but Steve Bould has defensively sorted that defense up, I just hope they buy a proven striker like Llorente. Relying on Giroud is to risky. Spurs, Everton, Newcastle are going to have good seasons IMO. I don't know what to expect of Liverpool this season, they were useless against WBA but played so well against City yesterday. They should of won that but gave away to sloppy goals. I think Rogers will do well with them though, if he's given time.

Ferdinand = Liability due to his fitness and lack of pace.

Evra = Has declined badly in the last couple of years.

Rafael = Still young enough to improve. Likewise for his brother if he returns from QPR.

Evans = Improved last season but another one that's injury prone.

Vidic = Will take time to get back to his best.

Jones & Smalling = Potentially great, but seem to be very injury prone.

The midfield is still the big problem. Kagawa looks to be good signing but he can't do it all on his own.

Giggs and Scholes are running on fumes, the wingers are all mediocre and the less said about Carrick & Anderson the better. If Cleverley stays fit and helps share the load with Kagawa it should help but those two are nowhere near enough to win the Premier League or Champions League.

I see the front line like this,

Rooney = Looked lethargic at the Euros and in the two league appearances. If rumors are true Fergie may be running out of patience with his attitude. Could be time to cut him loose while they can still get a decent fee for him.

Van Persie = If he can stay fit, will be a great asset.

Welbeck = Doesn't score enough goals.

Hernandez = Wasn't very good last year. Needs a run of games and decent service which isn't assured.

Berbatov = Will probably leave before the current transfer window ends or in January and is unlikely to play for the club again....which is fine with me.

Last edited:
Will be the 2 Manchester clubs going again with probably chelsea getting 3rd.
I can believe Fergie hasnt gone out and brought a world class central midfielder. If you look at the current crop there now, theyd struggle to get in the other top 4 prem sides of last season and they cant rely on dusting scholes off every Saturday.
You compare that to Yaya Toure, well, lets not even go there.
Kagawa looks a tidy player but they should have broke the bank and signed Hazard. and is it me or is Felani one of the most underated players in the prem?? always liked him and has started great.
I was worried for us this season but I actually like what AVB has done so far and the spurs fans shouldnt judge him on what happened at chelsea and get behind him.
Everton look good but same old story, they just dont have squad to cope and I feel cahill will be a big loss. Cant believe whats happening at Arsenal. How can the board keep letting there top stars run there contracts down???? crazy!! Keep selling there best players and the club never really goes forward. Having said that, Wenger seems to do the very best with what he has. Cazorla is an awesome player and one to watch.
Will be an interesting season again. Friday will be interesting too with the window closing.

Ferdinand = Liability due to his fitness and lack of pace.

Evra = Has declined badly in the last couple of years.

Rafael = Still young enough to improve. Likewise for his brother if he returns from QPR.

Vidic = Will take time to get back to his best.

Jones & Smalling = Potentially great, but seem to be very injury prone.

The midfield is still the big problem. Kagawa looks to be good signing but he can't do it all on his own.

Giggs and Scholes are running on fumes, the wingers are all mediocre and the less said about Carrick the better. If Cleverley stays fit and helps share the load with Kagawa it should help but it's nowhere near enough to win the league or Champions League.

I see the front line like this,

Rooney = Looked lethargic at the Euros and in the two league appearances. If rumors are true Fergie may be running out of patience with his attitude.

Van Persie = If he can stay fit, will be a great asset.

Welbeck = Doesn't score enough goals.

Hernandez = Wasn't very good last year. Needs a run of games and decent service which isn't assured.

Berbatov = Will probably leave before the current transfer window ends or in January and is unlikely to play for the club again....which is fine with me.

Rooney actually looked fat at the euros! He usually puts some weight on end season then trims down but how could they let him get like that for a major competition?? So far he has only been remembered for getting sent off or being unfit which is a shame.
He's our best player.

Rooney actually looked fat at the euros! He usually puts some weight on end season then trims down but how could they let him get like that for a major competition?? So far he has only been remembered for getting sent off or being unfit which is a shame.
He's our best player.

In fairness to Rooney, he's hardly helped when playing for England as playing alongside some of the plodders in that squad would drag down Messi to the level of a Sunday morning pub team player.

Although far from perfect most of his United colleagues at least know how to pass the ball to one of their own team on a regular basis :lol

In fairness to Rooney, he's hardly helped when playing for England as playing alongside some of the plodders in that squad would drag down Messi to the level of a Sunday morning pub team player.

Although far from perfect most of his United colleagues at least know how to pass the ball to one of their own team on a regular basis :lol

Quite true but thats why we've needed him lol. Its a shame because he is an awesome player. Just never had a good major competition due to fitness or red mist.....

I'm sure Barca would of taken on Ronaldo if they could but Ronaldo grew up supporting Real as a boy & had no interest in Barca. Xavi, Iniesta play in a different position slightly more central midfield, Ronaldo would play further a head of them. More were Pedro would play. I don't really like Ronaldo because he comes across so self obsessed but if Barca had Ronaldo, Messi & Villa as there forward 3 that's one scary forward line but I watched the 2nd half of the Barca game last night & it was good to see Villa back again after his broken leg. I watched the Real game after to which they lost 2-1. Already Real are 5 points behind Barca. I'm suprised there not bought a big name striker this season. I don't see there fascination with Modric is either, such an over rated player.

Just imagine that, Messi and Ronaldo in the same team. If anyone watched the Supercup last Friday, Ronaldo "pushed" Messi and of course fell to the floor grabbing him leg even though he fouled him on the shoulder. I think he was waiting for Ronaldo to help him up off the floor. This could improve their relationship and become like Ronaldo and Ronaldinho :monkey1

I've wait to see the day when Ronaldo goes back to Man Utd someday.

Back