English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can see the jealousy Ronaldo has for Messi. He wants that world player of the year award so bad but as great as Ronaldo is. Messi just is superior. I've never seen a player like him & growing up watching Zidane, Roberto Baggio, Romario, Ronaldo (Brazilian) to name a few, that's saying something. I was to young to remember players as far back as Maradona, he was coming to an end when i started watching football so I can't compare greats like that. When I think of Maradona I think back to the US World cup & that crazy celebration, after the game he got tested positive for Coke :lol

You can see the jealousy Ronaldo has for Messi. He wants that world player of the year award so bad but as great as Ronaldo is. Messi just is superior. I've never seen a player like him & growing up watching Zidane, Roberto Baggio, Romario, Ronaldo (Brazilian) to name a few, that's saying something. I was to young to remember players as far back as Maradona, he was coming to an end when i started watching football so I can't compare greats like that. When I think of Maradona I think back to the US World cup & that crazy celebration, after the game he got tested positive for Coke :lol

That's why I liked Ronaldo back at Man Utd when he played for the shirt.

Il never forget that interview where ronaldo said something like he had been sent from god to play football and grace the game....
They then asked Messi what he thought of Ronaldo's comment and Messi simply replied I never sent him lol Owned!! :)

Il never forget that interview where ronaldo said something like he had been sent from god to play football and grace the game....
They then asked Messi what he thought of Ronaldo's comment and Messi simply replied I never sent him lol Owned!! :)

:clap ha that's classic :clap

:slap

It's a joke. There is no interview where this happened. This joke has existed for years before Ronaldo and Messi were the best players. They just inserted other players names into it.

MESSI plays as a striker, mainly CF or ST, but Ronaldo plays as a wing and Messi only scored only like 5 more goals than him last season. Plus Ronaldo doesn't have Iniesta or Xavi to help him, that is why he is always so frustrated when he can't score but still managed to score a lot of goals.

So stop making up false statements that Ronaldo said that. BTW I hate Barcelona and Real and La Liga in general.

I know enough to recognise that Utd's days at the top are ending and that their "special" fans cannot take criticism without resorting to tiresome insults.

It's no wonder fans of other teams hate Utd fans so much as their arrogance about the club's position and absolute blind faith in the declining abilities of Sir Alex Ferguson is nothing short of pathetic.

Were it not for De Gea Everton would have had 3 or 4 and they struggled to beat a team like Fulham.

The defence and midfield is still poor and a couple of decent signings doesn't make them any more likely to challenge for trophies particularly in Europe.

More results like last years humiliations against Man City and Bilbao last season will follow and all Fergie will do is persist with the same old faces and sign some more youngsters on the cheap who'll play a couple of times in the League Cup and never be seen again.

Your must be strong glory-hunting Manchester City fan. Just because Man Utd don't have funds like City or Chelsea doesn't mean they aren't good anymore. it's the start of the season and people are already judging Man Utd about how bad they re, but I do agree with you about the Everton game. I was shocked at United, especially their defence.

deleted because of Rude behavior.

Don't bother, you'll be ignored.

heon123.
I'm a United fan of many years that thinks the manager is finally losing the plot.

He's had a great run but that doesn't mean he's immune from criticism and his inability to adequately rebuild the defence & midfeld has resulted in the club's decline.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's a joke. There is no interview where this happened. This joke has existed for years before Ronaldo and Messi were the best players. They just inserted other players names into it.

MESSI plays as a striker, mainly CF or ST, but Ronaldo plays as a wing and Messi only scored only like 5 more goals than him last season. Plus Ronaldo doesn't have Iniesta or Xavi to help him, that is why he is always so frustrated when he can't score but still managed to score a lot of goals.

So stop making up false statements that Ronaldo said that. BTW I hate Barcelona and Real and La Liga in general.

Ronaldo played on the right wing for Man Utd but just before his last season he got played just behind the striker. Which is how he get's played for Real. Real are setup to play around Ronaldo so he should score the amount he does being labelled a world class player which he is but I can't argue about how fortunate Messi is to have Xavi, Iniesta behind him because you would be lucky to have one world class playmaker behind you but to have three because there also got Fabregas who can play that roll to which is insane.

Last edited:
Don't bother, you'll be ignored.

heon123.
I'm a United fan of many years that thinks the manager is finally losing the plot.

He's had a great run but that doesn't mean he's immune from criticism and his inability to adequately rebuild the defence & midfeld has resulted in the club's decline.

Ferguson saying Hazard was to much at 35 mi, I think that will come back to haunt him. I really think he's the next big thing and the exact player Man Utd have been crying out for. Time will tell

It was something I read thats all so calm down! Messi doesnt paly as a striker and infact plays very similar to what ronaldo does at Real, just behind and more of a floating role just different sides. Ronaldo narrow left coming inside and Messi narrow right.
Ronalso is world class. Messi is a one off. Fact!

Ferguson saying Hazard was to much at 35 mi, I think that will come back to haunt him. I really think he's the next big thing and the exact player Man Utd have been crying out for. Time will tell

I second that. He looks pretty unbelievable and still only 21. Wenger recently said if he could buy 1 player this summer, it would have been Hazard.

Fergie is a dolt.

He says £35 million for a 21 year old is too much then promptly spends £24 million on a 29 year old with a history of injury problems :slap

If he'd cut some more of the dead wood loose and not signed the three nobodies ( Powell, Henriquez & Buttner ) he could probably have signed Hazard as well as another defender in addition to RVP and Kagawa.

Messi doesnt play striker per se. He plays the false No. 9 pretty much the way Laudrup used to play in Barca. Originally in Rijkaard and initially in Guardiola's time he was used in the right wing due to his ability to dribble and create havoc and pull the defence out of position

However Guardiola realised Messi's finishing was ahead of the others in the team (Specially after Eto'o and Henry's departure) but he was too much of a playmaker himself to be a traditional poacher. Therefore in the historic 6-2 Classico was the first time he was played as a false No. 9

In Argentina initially he was used as a repacement for Riquelme therefore was withdrawn much more in the midfielder as the chief playmaker. Recently under Sabella he was made to play just behind the strikers and now he scores regularly in every match in the national team too...

As for that thing about Xavi Iniesta... ofcourse any player would be greatly helped playing in the same team as them. Cant say Ronaldo didnt get any help with players of Alonso and Ozil and **** playing along him... and as for Ronaldo's frustration etc etc... thats more out of him being a glory hunter.

Rack up the number of assists of Messi alongside Ronaldo. By your logic Ronaldo being a winger should atleast have more assists than Messi? Messi's assists are more than Xavi and Iniesta... and BTW Messi's biggest assist maker is NOT Xavi or Iniesta but Dani Alves... he scored consecutive hattricks in games where both Xavi and Iniesta hasnt played. So if you think Messi is someone who survives because of Xavi and Iniesta think again.

By that Logic Spain wouldnt be struggling with a strikers Role since Raul's retirement... the whole cry that rises that Spain pass and pass and realise there is no Messi to finish wouldnt be rising if it was solely Xavi and Iniesta who contribute to a player like Messi.

Messi could have scored way more goals that he does per season if he was selfish, he passes to a teammate in a better position everytime even if he has a half chance on goal... Barca players tend to pass even within the 6 yard box to make a sure finish... no one going for glory there...

Fergie is a dolt.

He says £35 million for a 21 year old is too much then promptly spends £24 million on a 29 year old with a history of injury problems :slap

If he'd cut some more of the dead wood loose and not signed the three nobodies ( Powell, Henriquez & Buttner ) he could probably have signed Hazard as well as another defender in addition to RVP and Kagawa.

Lille did say the two Manchester clubs had agreed a fee & then Chelsea came into the race at the last minute. I have a feeling it was more of a case of sour grapes with Fergy knocking his price. I do agree with him about the price of the Brazilian lad being to much though. PSG have got money to burn so it's not so much of a risk for them. Talking of PSG, I wonder how there going to get around the FIFA Fair Play Rules. A French journalist was saying on TalkSport how there income is uncomparable compared to teams like Real, Barca, Bayern & the big Premiership teams. Funny you don't hear Platini crying about them spending so much money like he does about Premiership teams. I do think it's a good thing that there will be another team to challenge the big guns of Europe though. I'd love to see Ajax back up there one day to.

Last edited:
Lille did say the two Manchester clubs had agreed a fee & then Chelsea came into the race at the last minute. I have a feeling it was more of a case of sour grapes with Fergy knocking his price. I do agree with him about the price of the Brazilian lad being to much though. PSG have got money to burn so it's not so much of a risk for them. Talking of PSG, I wonder how there going to get around the FIFA Fair Play Rules. A French journalist was saying on TalkSport how there income is uncomparable compared to teams like Real, Barca, Bayern & the big Premiership teams. Funny you don't hear Platini crying about them spending so much money like he does does about Premiership teams. I do think it's good thing that there will be another team to challenge the big guns of Europe though. I'd love to see Ajax back up there one day

Considering his dubious track record with South American players not signing Lucas Moura was one of Fergie's better moves during the close season.

As for the Fair Play Rules all the top clubs will find a loophole somehow and failing that FIFA & UEFA officials are probably corrupt enough to accept a few backhanders.....they could use Honest 'Arry Redknapp as the go between :lol

New teams to challenge the European elite are OK with me although it's too bad that United are several signings and a new manager short of being anything but cannon fodder for even the lesser Spanish teams as Bilbao proved last year.

Modric finally signed for Real Madrid. I think for £33 million, such an over rated player IMO, Spurs should be happy with that price. Real should of used that money on a world class out & out striker. Instead of spending so much on an attacking midfielder who doesn't score much or creates much?
Talking of Bilbao, there on Sky tonight against Athletico Madrid

Lille did say the two Manchester clubs had agreed a fee & then Chelsea came into the race at the last minute. I have a feeling it was more of a case of sour grapes with Fergy knocking his price. I do agree with him about the price of the Brazilian lad being to much though. PSG have got money to burn so it's not so much of a risk for them. Talking of PSG, I wonder how there going to get around the FIFA Fair Play Rules. A French journalist was saying on TalkSport how there income is uncomparable compared to teams like Real, Barca, Bayern & the big Premiership teams. Funny you don't hear Platini crying about them spending so much money like he does about Premiership teams. I do think it's a good thing that there will be another team to challenge the big guns of Europe though. I'd love to see Ajax back up there one day to.

Yep Lille accepted 3 offers from United, city and chavs. From what I heard, Hazard wanted the number 10 role and United couldnt offer that cos of Rooney and City couldnt promise he played every week.
Chelsea promised both and that was that.
I hate seeing him at chelsea but what a player.
Im sure I heard the other day that Bayern were the best set in europe for the sanctions?? There only huge transfer being Gomez ?
There will be so many shady deals happening to get around this just like City did with the sponsor.
Will be interesting to see how PSG do.

Modric has finally gone. Was a great player for us and will need to act fast to get someone similar. Dembele is good value for 15m.
Zenit have had a bid accepted for Hulk, 40m. If it goes thru, Mouthino will stay put.

Modric finally signed for Real Madrid. I think for £33 million, such an over rated player IMO, Spurs should be happy with that price. Real should of used that money on a world class out & out striker. Instead of spending so much on an attacking midfielder who doesn't score much or creates much?
Talking of Bilbao, there on Sky tonight against Athletico Madrid

He was really good for us. Very good ball retention and dictated play. Never scored enough tho but then neither do the likes of Pirlo or Xavi for there clubs.
Pretty good price tho so will see what Levy does. Left it late tho and could bite us on the arse.

Considering his dubious track record with South American players not signing Lucas Moura was one of Fergie's better moves during the close season.

As for the Fair Play Rules all the top clubs will find a loophole somehow and failing that FIFA & UEFA officials are probably corrupt enough to accept a few backhanders.....they could use Honest 'Arry Redknapp as the go between :lol

New teams to challenge the European elite are OK with me although it's too bad that United are several signings and a new manager short of being anything but cannon fodder for even the lesser Spanish teams as Bilbao proved last year.

Harry's an innocent man :lecture

Nothing wrong with having off shore money set up in your dogs name :lol:lol:lol

Back