English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah still looking forward to it. There always good games even though Liverpool seem to get the better of us at Anfield. Especially back in the Robbie Fowler days, he used to love scoring against us. If theres a loser that day someones going to be left on 1 or 2 points & a terrible start to the season.

The best Arsenal match I've been too was when we beat you 2-1 at Anfield, must have been 2006/07. Alonso scored first then Viera equalised and Mellor scored a cracking winner!

No mate, never been :(

Been to many away grounds following Arsenal but Anfield is one I am yet to get to.

:(

could be the money, ultimately being the highesy paid manager counts for something and if usmanov comes in , things could change a bit,, right now it looks like arsene isnt under any sort of pressure but to end 4th in the league, no manager worth his salt wouldnt just sit and watch the players her bought and developed being sold like that unless that was the objective in the first place

I know it makes you wonder if he gets a slice of there transfer fee or something, it's unlikely but Alex Ferguson would never of put up with that. Mancini is doing his nut because he hasn't been allowed to spend big this season when he's all ready got two international teams at his disposal & more. AW sells our best players & acts like its ok & says stupid stuff like we're already got to many midfielders. Ok but don't sell our best midfielder, sell the **** ones sitting on the bench & in the reserves :dunno

@ Goose
Mellor that's a name I've forgotten, what happened to him? If I remember right but wasn't big things expected of him.

What's Anfield like Goose? I've got a mate who goes occasionally & said they do need a new stadium. What do you think of ground sharing with Everton

What are the youth academies in the clubs doing? After years of no success with players from all over the world, Barca hit gold with Guardiola pushing for homegrown talent. Remember if Deco wasnt sold, Iniesta would never have been seen the way you guys see him today. I know the feeling of despair when the club you support goes for a prolonged bad patch where you know its mismanagement from handling players to the managers.
Barcelona currently seem like some benchmark... it wasnt the same before 2009... For years and seasons Barca were perennial underachievers, from Van Gaal to all of them... we had some special talent but the team did nothing... Rijkaard did bring in some semblance but it was still attractive football with losses and no trophies (I dont consider Spanish Cup and stuff as notable trophies)

Guardiola promoted the right players like Busquets, Iniesta, Pique and Messi correctly. I dont know how many of you know this but The Barca board were planning to sell Xavi to ManU and Messi and Iniesta as loans in their early time to Rangers and with Iniesta having a permanent deal clause...

So bad management is everywhere and bad times happen... but good times will come

Never realised how much Arsenal fans dislike Wenger...

It's not that I dislike him, I have just grown tired of him.

I think when you have been so successful as he has you can go a couple of seasons without a trophy. The 2005 FA Cup win is now a joke!

We have heard all the excuses under the sun but it is time for major change. Even the greats lose their way and I think Wenger is one of them.

Time for a new era at Arsenal if you ask me and that includes board level.

@ Goose
Mellor that's a name I've forgotten, what happened to him? If I remember right but wasn't big things expected of him.

What's Anfield like Goose? I've got a mate who goes occasionally & said they do need a new stadium. What do you think of ground sharing with Everton

Mellor went to Preston then to Sheff Wed on loan, not sure where he is now.

We need a 'bigger' stadium to compete finacially however Anfield as a stadium is brilliant, full of history and on a European night is one of the greatest stadiums to be in.

What are the youth academies in the clubs doing? After years of no success with players from all over the world, Barca hit gold with Guardiola pushing for homegrown talent. Remember if Deco wasnt sold, Iniesta would never have been seen the way you guys see him today. I know the feeling of despair when the club you support goes for a prolonged bad patch where you know its mismanagement from handling players to the managers.
Barcelona currently seem like some benchmark... it wasnt the same before 2009... For years and seasons Barca were perennial underachievers, from Van Gaal to all of them... we had some special talent but the team did nothing... Rijkaard did bring in some semblance but it was still attractive football with losses and no trophies (I dont consider Spanish Cup and stuff as notable trophies)

Guardiola promoted the right players like Busquets, Iniesta, Pique and Messi correctly. I dont know how many of you know this but The Barca board were planning to sell Xavi to ManU and Messi and Iniesta as loans in their early time to Rangers and with Iniesta having a permanent deal clause...

So bad management is everywhere and bad times happen... but good times will come

That's what I love about Barca, there like a family. Pep was youth coach & was aware of there talent & brought them through when he got promoted head coach & remember how the media thought it was a risk but they strived to great things & became the greatest team I have ever seen but what Barca do right as well is obviously not sell there best players & unless it would benfit the team & will add one or two class players each season to keep things fresh & also keep space for there youth.

riijard did win a lot with Barca, even a UCL, guardiola carried it from there after he left,but yes he is responsible for the local talent developing

Mellor went to Preston then to Sheff Wed on loan, not sure where he is now.

We need a 'bigger' stadium to compete finacially however Anfield as a stadium is brilliant, full of history and on a European night is one of the greatest stadiums to be in.

he quite the game i think, last i saw him commentating..

Well said. :lecture Dominant sports teams start from the top, where the culture is created.

Anyone watching Real, Barca. Real are 2-0 up. Both goals down to shocking defending from Barca. I'm suprised there not bought a centre-back probably the only position there a bit weak. Pique & Puyol are class but Puyol is 34 now & missing a lot of games. Mascherano isn't a centre-back & Real are taking full advantage of it.

[/COLOR][/COLOR]

I know it makes you wonder if he gets a slice of there transfer fee or something, it's unlikely but Alex Ferguson would never of put up with that. Mancini is doing his nut because he hasn't been allowed to spend big this season when he's all ready got two international teams at his disposal & more. AW sells our best players & acts like its ok & says stupid stuff like we're already got to many midfielders. Ok but don't sell our best midfielder, sell the **** ones sitting on the bench & in the reserves :dunno

In some cases they do. when the Redkanpp case finished, it was all exposed how managers get percentages ect from transfer fee's.....
I remember reading somewhere that Wenger, and probably other mangers get " bonuses " for not overspending at there respective clubs.

Anyone watching Real, Barca. Real are 2-0 up. Both goals down to shocking defending from Barca. I'm suprised there not bought a centre-back probably the only position there a bit weak. Pique & Puyol are class but Puyol is 34 now & missing a lot of games. Mascherano isn't a centre-back & Real are taking full advantage of it.

How did Fergie ever let Pique go ?? brilliant defender

Wasn't the El Clasico played last week?

How did Fergie ever let Pique go ?? brilliant defender
Well Pique wasnt getting enough game time as he wasnt as good as Ferdinand and Vidic then, plus he wanted to go home as Barca came calling for him, plus Fergie knew he had a lot of upcoming defenders in Jones, Smalling etc etc coming up

Super Cup ended 4-4 on agg but Real win it on away goals (I hate the away goal rule)
Real were the better team I concede because it was the pressure they created that led to the defenders bumming out in creating the two goals. But then the red card to Barca's Adriano killed the game... it was really early in the first half... but I was glad to see how Barca actually fought like they did with 10 men... the highlight being Messi's free kick from 35 yards which he curled around the wall and beat a goalie of Casillas' caliber.

MESSI-MESSI-MESSI.gif

Too bad that the shot he took in the dying moments of the game just went past the post or it would have tied the score at 2-2 and given Barca the win on goals aggregate of 5-4

Back