English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want 4th. It keeps covering up the desperate cracks within our club. As terrible as it sounds I want them to get battered week in and week out. Maybe then change will happen.

We wont be first in the epl until FIFA financial rules kick in and teams like city and Chelsea can't spend into defects. We are planning for the future. No team is entitled to a trophy. Just wait a couple of years when these teams that have massive debts have to balance their books. **** is going to hit the fan. No more buying Andy carrol for 40 mil then offloading him a year later. Or buying rvp so ferguson can have one last go before he retires this year.

Shameful? Don't think so. No need to break the bank on desperate signings right now. We will grab a defender and maybe forward in january when prices are a bit better. Sky isn't falling. We have a good squad.

A good squad, really?

We are weak! Podolski and Giroud are unproven. Look at Mertesacker, just because you are a solid international does not mean you will cut it in the English Premier League.

You can't sell quality like RVP & Song and not replace them with seasoned EPL players. I am sick of waiting for the players to gel excuse or we are a team for the future. It is not good enough! I think the majority of gooners think this way also.

A good squad, really?

We are weak! Podolski and Giroud are unproven. Look at Mertesacker, just because you are a solid international does not mean you will cut it in the English Premier League.

You can't sell quality like RVP & Song and not replace them with seasoned EPL players. I am sick of waiting for the players to gel excuse or we are a team for the future. It is not good enough! I think the majority of gooners think this way also.

Mert proved himself last season. When healthy our d line is among the best. Song was far over rated...his not tracking back to help defend led to many of the goals against us. As for rvp, he is a c&nt and wanted to leave...can't make him stay. I'm sure he'll have fun trading racist jokes with evra.

Mert proved himself last season. When healthy our d line is among the best. Song was far over rated...his not tracking back to help defend led to many of the goals against us. As for rvp, he is a c&nt and wanted to leave...can't make him stay. I'm sure he'll have fun trading racist jokes with evra.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

Mertesacker is a complete bag of s__t and I have no idea how you can say he proved himself. He was made a complete fool of.

Song overrated? I think you are watching a different side to me buddy haha.

A good squad, really?

It's pathectic Arsenal haven't signed a striker. We're basically got one unproven striker in Giroud & if his 1st two games are anything to go by we'll be lucky if he can score more than 10 goals all season & what if he gets injured? Because Poldoski isn't an out & out striker & your got to take into account he completely flopped at Bayern so I'm not overly confident in him either & to rub it in, we sell Song our 2nd best player of last season & replaced him with? Oh no one.
So basically tight Arsenal haven't spent a penny again this season with players coming in & going out, there actually once again made a profit & completely proved RVP right about how little Arsenals ambition are & forget about the FIFA Fair Plays Rules because everyone in journalism said there's loop holes so nothing will change there. I really can't see us getting Champions League next season but at the same time, does it really matter because they won't spend the 50 mil in improving the squad & they'll only go on to get humiliated at the Nou Camp. Another season & another step back

It's pathectic Arsenal haven't signed a striker. We're basically got one unproven striker in Giroud & if his 1st two games are anything to go by we'll be lucky if he can score more than 10 goals all season & what if he gets injured? Because Poldoski isn't an out & out striker & your got to take into account he completely flopped at Bayern so I'm not overly confident in him either & to rub it in, we sell Song our 2nd best player of last season & replaced him with? Oh no one.
So basically tight Arsenal haven't spent a penny again this season with players coming in & going out, there actually once again made a profit & completely proved RVP right about how little Arsenals ambition are & forget about the FIFA Fair Plays Rules because everyone in journalism said there's loop holes so nothing will change there. I really can't see us getting Champions League next season but at the same time, does it really matter because they won't spend the 50 mil in improving the squad & they'll only go on to get humiliated at the Nou Camp. Another season & another step back

:lecture

Exactly. Just a f____g disgrace! So many players out there we needed and we didn't even f____g compete. Arsenal make me sick these days.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

Mertesacker is a complete bag of s__t and I have no idea how you can say he proved himself. He was made a complete fool of.

Song overrated? I think you are watching a different side to me buddy haha.

Go back and watch highlights from last season. Half our goals against we're from song lazily tracking back and not covering. Mert might not be the best but with kol back he will be on the bench. Arsenal have never ever gone out and dropped stupid money for players. Not sure why you expect us to start doing that. And if song is so amazing why is he riding the pine at barca?

Sorry but Arteta was far better than song.

:lecture

Exactly. Just a f____g disgrace! So many players out there we needed and we didn't even f____g compete. Arsenal make me sick these days.

Can you tell me the last time arsenal went out and dropped cash like city or united or Chelsea? That's not how we have ever done business...we will never compete with the oil money of city or the Russian mobster money of Chelsea. Look at Chelsea spending 70 million on Torres last year and he got 4 goals all year...or pool spending 40 on Andy Carroll only to sit on the bench most games. Is that smarter business?

Go back and watch highlights from last season. Half our goals against we're from song lazily tracking back and not covering. Mert might not be the best but with kol back he will be on the bench. Arsenal have never ever gone out and dropped stupid money for players. Not sure why you expect us to start doing that. And if song is so amazing why is he riding the pine at barca?

I don't need to. I know just how crucial Song was. The sort of player that just does all the dirty work. A very thankless task but he did it remarkably well. He will be missed you mark my words.

Mertesacker is a bag of s__t.

No they haven't but they need to now more so than ever! I think over the past 2-3 seasons they have needed to. They have not nearly replaced the quality they have sold on.

We have 2 players still at the club that played in the 2009 Champions League Quarter Final against Barca.

Yes we got whipped but f__k me that is a disgrace!

We need quality and we need consistency!

For your information Song did not want to leave he wanted to stay and sign a 5 year deal. He was pushed for reasons not made clear.

Can you tell me the last time arsenal went out and dropped cash like city or united or Chelsea? That's not how we have ever done business...we will never compete with the oil money of city or the Russian mobster money of Chelsea. Look at Chelsea spending 70 million on Torres last year and he got 4 goals all year...or pool spending 40 on Andy Carroll only to sit on the bench most games. Is that smarter business?

There are plenty of quality signings out there for mega bucks.

Torres form was nose diving at Liverpool when they splashed 50m on him so more fool them.

Andy Carroll is never worth 35m in a million years.

There are however plenty of 15,20,25 million pound players well worth their tag. We are not competing and we are going to get left behind. We have a huge stadium to compete with the big boys yet we are dropping further and further behind on the pitch where it counts.

I don't need to. I know just how crucial Song was. The sort of player that just does all the dirty work. A very thankless task but he did it remarkably well. He will be missed you mark my words.

Mertesacker is a bag of s__t.

No they haven't but they need to now more so than ever! I think over the past 2-3 seasons they have needed to. They have not nearly replaced the quality they have sold on.

We have 2 players still at the club that played in the 2009 Champions League Quarter Final against Barca.

Yes we got whipped but f__k me that is a disgrace!

We need quality and we need consistency!

For your information Song did not want to leave he wanted to stay and sign a 5 year deal. He was pushed for reasons not made clear.

Rumor is he was being a c.nt on the training ground. No better p,ace to ship him than barca. Gotta love he gets on field ahead of cesc...wonder what cesc thougt of that. Karma is a ***** and always gets you in the end.

There are plenty of quality signings out there for mega bucks.

Torres form was nose diving at Liverpool when they splashed 50m on him so more fool them.

Andy Carroll is never worth 35m in a million years.

There are however plenty of 15,20,25 million pound players well worth their tag. We are not competing and we are going to get left behind. We have a huge stadium to compete with the big boys yet we are dropping further and further behind on the pitch where it counts.

We have a huge stadium we are still,paying off. Money needs to come in. Like I said, things will be very different in a few years time. Many EPL teams will go out like rangers did. I've rooted for arsenal for almost 20 years..I don't expect them to win a trophy every year...that's just silly. we finished 3rd last year..not bad considering the start we had. I don't want us to be like the Chelsea and city teams just buying a plastic trophy. Look at Chelsea today. They got ****ed today..embarrassed beyond beliief. And what did that cost them?

We have a huge stadium we are still,paying off. Money needs to come in. Like I said, things will be very different in a few years time. Many EPL teams will go out like rangers did. I've rooted for arsenal for almost 20 years..I don't expect them to win a trophy every year...that's just silly. we finished 3rd last year..not bad considering the start we had. I don't want us to be like the Chelsea and city teams just buying a plastic trophy. Look at Chelsea today. They got ****ed today..embarrassed beyond beliief. And what did that cost them?

I know that but when does that excuse stop? When do we start looking at the team rather than the books?

I fully appreciate and applaud Arsenal for running the club sensibly. I do not want to be like Man City or Chelsea either. That does not mean I don't want to see us bringing in quality players however. We need em!

I know that but when does that excuse stop? When do we start looking at the team rather than the books?

I fully appreciate and applaud Arsenal for running the club sensibly. I do not want to be like Man City or Chelsea either. That does not mean I don't want to see us bringing in quality players however. We need em!

We brought in 3 high quality players. With jack coming back for injury along with Sagna we have a competitive team. Yes we need a striker but it's stupid to pay inflated costs at the end of the transfer market. Wait til January when teams are shipping them for free. RVP rode our medical bench for 6 years, he had one great year...smart to sell him for what we got for him. He is one ankle injury away for retiring.

We brought in 3 high quality players. With jack coming back for injury along with Sagna we have a competitive team. Yes we need a striker but it's stupid to pay inflated costs at the end of the transfer market. Wait til January when teams are shipping them for free. RVP rode our medical bench for 6 years, he had one great year...smart to sell him for what we got for him. He is one ankle injury away for retiring.

Well only time will tell about the 3 he has signed. Santi looks like a quality player but I am not convinced about the other 2. Sometimes you pay more in Jan because teams know your desperate so your theory of getting a player on the cheap in Jan is not strictly correct.

I fear for Arsenal this season. I have a feeling this will be our worse finish in a long time.

Deadline day for United,

Out = Berbatov ( Good riddance! )

In = Nobody

Which means they're stuck with the same crappy midfield and defence and Welbeck in the front line :gah:

Back