English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anybody happy with their teams :lol

I would imagine fans of teams that are never in with a shout of success are happy enough because expectations are much lower.

As United have had so much success in the last 20 odd years the odd blank season is no big deal but when you look at the team's obvious weaknesses and how the manager appears to be ignoring them it raises the question as to whether he's starting to lose the plot.

None of the other top teams in Europe would have Ferdinand, Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Fletcher and Welbeck in their squad yet even though one has barely played in months Fergie is intending on naming him in the squad for the Champions League.

Hopefully RVP will play well enough that the lethargic Scouse lump won't have an automatic place when he's fit again because I think it's time the club looked to other players to carry the team.

RVP and Hernandez with Kagawa playing behind them would be an intresting attacking option.

Is anybody happy with their teams :lol

Im fairly happy with what we did.
For a club not playing in the champions league this season, Adebayor, Dempsey, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Vertongen and Lloris are very good signings.
I still dont think we replace Modric and will miss VDV. We need to get a win tho. Spurs fans are starting to boo and pressure is already mounting.

I really dont know whats happening at Arsenal. The Walcott situation is a mess and by selling so many important players each year, you never build on what you have.
Wouldnt be the biggest shock if Wilshere moved on in the next few seasons especially if City were to come in.

I would imagine fans of teams that are never in with a shout of success are happy enough because expectations are much lower.

As United have had so much success in the last 20 odd years the odd blank season is no big deal but when you look at the team's obvious weaknesses and how the manager appears to be ignoring them it raises the question as to whether he's starting to lose the plot.

None of the other top teams in Europe would have Ferdinand, Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Fletcher and Welbeck in their squad yet even though one has barely played in months Fergie is intending on naming him in the squad for the Champions League.

Hopefully RVP will play well enough that the lethargic Scouse lump won't have an automatic place when he's fit again because I think it's time the club looked to other players to carry the team.

RVP and Hernandez with Kagawa playing behind them would be an intresting attacking option.
i dont know why every United fan hates Nani, maybe they are comparing him to Ronaldo, i think nani is as good as any premiership player and one of the reasons united have done well in the league last season, he and valenica have been very good sadly others havent and the expectations from United fans are a bit over from the top from these 2 players

i dont know why every United fan hates Nani, maybe they are comparing him to Ronaldo, i think nani is as good as any premiership player and one of the reasons united have done well in the league last season, he and valenica have been very good sadly others havent and the expectations from United fans are a bit over from the top from these 2 players

On his day he is world class but he dosent have enough of those days.
Agree on Valencia tho, very good player and been a great buy.

I think any comparisons with Ronaldo are laughable.

Nani has the diving and primadonna posturing of his countryman down well and some technical skill but his footballing brain is non existent in comparison.

His crossing and corner taking is abysmal and he runs into defenders far too often as he tries to grab the glory for himself.

He plays around 5 decent games a season at the most which isn't anywhere near enough at the top level.

Ronaldo, for all his theatricals delivers a lot more consistently.

Valencia is slightly more consistent than Nani but also tries to walk the ball into the opposing penalty area too many times during a game instead of getting an early cross in.

I've lost count of the times he's beat the defender and then stopped and beaten him a second time instead of getting the ball into the danger area.

Having either of them in the team does just as much damage to United's chances as any opposing player and when you add Carrick, Anderson and Welbeck into the mix it's no wonder United have been getting dominated with increasing regularity as it's like they're starting
with 6 or 7 players against 11.

Dembele looks amazing! F____g arseholes Arsenal for not competing for him! Best buy for 15m

I feel sorry for the guy.

I do too. We lost 2 of our best players in Modric and VDV, 3 games in and sections of the fans are already booing.
I think booing your own team is disgraceful.

We probably should have lost yesterday to be fair. Didnt look up for it and still getting used to the new formation.
Dembele's goal was class tho. Going to be a very good player for us.
Dropping big Brad for lloris will be very harsh tho.

Looking forward to your game today, I think there will be a few goals. Still cant believe you didnt get another striker in tho. Could really be costly if you get a few injuries.

Very good result for the gooners.

They looked really well drilled and organised today.

Some really good performances from Santi Cazorla, Diaby & Vermaelen.

Giroud looks dreadful but I guess it is still early days.

Wow Liverpool looked so poor. I fear for you guys!

Good team performance from The Arsenal today! The defence is looking a lot stronger than it has in a few years now, and I was very impressed with the new boys Podolski and Cazorla. I think Giroud just needs a but more time to improve his confidence. Let's not forget that Dennis Bergkamp, one of Arsenal's greatest ever players, didn't score his first goal until 10 games in.

Liverpool were poor. Good result for Arsenal getting a clean sheet at Anfield.
How must Liverpool fans be feeling losing out on Dempsey then possibly giving Owen a call, released from United to help them out?
Funny old game.

Back