English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still, Man Utd have a piss poor defense.:lol

I Wouldn't say piss poor but over the hill Defo. Need the youngsters back Evans, Smalling and Jones. Midfield wise, it's only a matter of time till it clicks together. Too many quality players not to. Fergie just needs to hit on the right combination.
I'd say we were lucky but we've fought back in similar situations to class that as luck.

Diaby was a beast today for Arsenal looking back at it. Quality player. Really needs to stay fit. He really did look like Paddy out there today :)

Yes they do. Rio is over the hill now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fergie bolster the defence in Jan.

I Wouldn't say piss poor but over the hill Defo. Need the youngsters back Evans, Smalling and Jones. Midfield wise, it's only a matter of time till it clicks together. Too many quality players not to. Fergie just needs to hit on the right combination.
I'd say we were lucky but we've fought back in similar situations to class that as luck.

Maybe not piss poor but deffo not as strong as a United defense 'should' be or has been in the past.

And we offered him 175,000. A 100,000 a week raise. Guess he would have suffered on that wage. :wave

I actually dont believe he went for the money. Arsenal have not showed enough ambition to compete with the Manchester clubs and instead have seen spurs and even Newcastle close a big gap.
You just cant keep selling your big players to the teams around you. It sends the wrong message.
If it wasnt for Van Persie last season, Arsenal would have struggled for a top 6 spot.
Which ever way you look at it, the guy is world class and is 29 so this is his last big move.
A good domestic cup run and probably 4th would be best he would have got this season.

I actually dont believe he went for the money. Arsenal have not showed enough ambition to compete with the Manchester clubs and instead have seen spurs and even Newcastle close a big gap.
You just cant keep selling your big players to the teams around you. It sends the wrong message.
If it wasnt for Van Persie last season, Arsenal would have struggled for a top 6 spot.
Which ever way you look at it, the guy is world class and is 29 so this is his last big move.
A good domestic cup run and probably 4th would be best he would have got this season.

I don't believe he did either. I don't believe most left for the money. I think Cesc wanted to stay along with RVP. These guys want medals not just money. Arsenal have showed a complete lack of ambition for a long time now. Hey if they can go get more money and stand a better chance of winning silverware, then who can blame them.

Still, Man Utd have a piss poor defense.:lol

Correct.

I also think the team still relies far too much on Scholes, at his age he can't realistically be expected to drag the team out of the mire every week but until Kagawa gets used to the pace of the English game he'll probably have to because the rest of the midfield are lacking in creativity.

A front line of Hernandez with RVP instead of Welbeck would also produce a lot more goals as Hernandez is quicker and has far better movement off the ball.

Last edited:
:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

Something tells me he will win more than that at Man Utd. The thing they have on their side is a little thing called AMBITION.

Probably but rule out the Champions League because Barca would absolutely annialated that defence. It will be an interesting season. I'm starting to fancy Man City for the EPL now though because there not just a strong team, they have strenghth in depth as a squad to cover with injuries. Man Utd I just think really struggle without there 1st team players but my money this season will be on these teams for the only trophies that really matter.

EPL, Man City
La Liga, Barca
Champions League, Barca

The rest of the cups like the UEFA, FA Cup etc just seen like consolation trophies for big teams & going in to these tournaments half hearted do anyone could win them.

Last edited:

Where are smalling and jones? Injured?

Where are smalling and jones? Injured?

Yes. They appear to have carried on where Owen left off and seem to be perpetually on the injured list.

A pity really as if they could stay fit and get some more experience it would possibly speed up the departure of Ferdinand.

I don't know what goes on at United's training ground but their injury history must be a concern or fans. What do they do/ or not do with their players, especially the defenders...

sadly i cant grudge both torres and RVP, as much as i hate torres now , they both left to win trophies, i dont think it has anything to do with money,

Gutted Hulk has moved to Zenit St. Petersberg. So wanted the gooners to bag him :(

Back