English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you are saying Liverpool and Arsenal are not big enough brand names? and big losses? Please, referees make lot of poor decisions. Being a Barca fan taking pride in a team which has changed and revolutionised the game in the last 4 years or so, I hear this referee and UEFA favours Barca excuse a lot.

And its from the sore losers... these kinds of stupid allegations always come during a period of dominance by any team. If any body is at fault, it is the referee. The so called conspiracy by the governing bodies is nonsense (Unless its the Seria A :monkey1 )

Unless anyone has hard proof, spewing such stuff does nothing but increase animosity between fans. The match yesterday was extremely poor because of the decisions. But alleging things like its a got up is stupid.

You cant be champions in a league with referees pulling you all the time. You cant dominate Europe, have team members win the Euro and WC by clout with FIFA or UEFA.

You cant go down as one of the greatest teams ever by refereeing decisions... When you are at the top detractors focus on decisions that went for the team, never those against.

if ur saying everything is squeaky clean in english fa and other leagues, :thud:

So you are saying Liverpool and Arsenal are not big enough brand names? and big losses? Please, referees make lot of poor decisions. Being a Barca fan taking pride in a team which has changed and revolutionised the game in the last 4 years or so, I hear this referee and UEFA favours Barca excuse a lot.

And its from the sore losers... these kinds of stupid allegations always come during a period of dominance by any team. If any body is at fault, it is the referee. The so called conspiracy by the governing bodies is nonsense (Unless its the Seria A :monkey1 )

Unless anyone has hard proof, spewing such stuff does nothing but increase animosity between fans. The match yesterday was extremely poor because of the decisions. But alleging things like its a got up is stupid.

You cant be champions in a league with referees pulling you all the time. You cant dominate Europe, have team members win the Euro and WC by clout with FIFA or UEFA.

You cant go down as one of the greatest teams ever by refereeing decisions... When you are at the top detractors focus on decisions that went for the team, never those against.

Well said! :clap

Every club gets it's share of lucky decisions and they all have at least a couple of players that make a habit of trying to con the ref in some way during a game, it's not ideal but that's the modern game for you, there's so much money at stake that the old ideals of sportsmanship and fair play have largely gone out of the window....it can be said of virtually any professional sport, not just football.

But to suggest that teams like Barcelona & Man Utd have only been successful because they have their respective ruling bodies & match officials on their payroll is just as ridiculous as all the nutjobs with their theories about the moon landings being fake or that certain senior figures in our history are actually shapeshifting reptilians :lol

It's easy to slate refs after key moments in games have been analysed to death from multiple different angles but they have to make a decision in a split second without any of that so mistakes will inevitably be made from time to time....they're only human after all.

Hernandez was offside, but so was Didier Drogba when he scored a winner at Old Trafford not too long ago but I suppose that's conveniently been forgotten in this latest attempt to paint United in a bad light.

In a perfect world neither goal would have been given but they both were....one all.

Last edited:
Arsenal were shamf__kingbolic!!! Disgaceful!!!

Score line totally flattered them. Should have been more like a repeat of last year!

Middle table s__t at best from Arsenal!!!

Its sad to see The Gunners play SO lacklustre... althought I am completely an anti-England supporter, but of all the clubs in the EPL I still like Arsenal because of their playing style... for Arsenal I think they really need a change...

Give Arsene a more administrative job, get in Pep Guardiola from next season... Man City already pulled in Txiki and Soriano from Barca to try replicate their youth system and have more controlled signings. Arsenal should try the same. With Guardiola you will have a fresh perspective without any compromise to the fluid passing and attacking style that is synonymous with Arsenal.

Brendan Rodgers Liverpool will become a force in 2/3 years IF they stick with him and play the way they are now being indoctrined.

Arsenal were shamf__kingbolic!!! Disgaceful!!!

Score line totally flattered them. Should have been more like a repeat of last year!

Middle table s__t at best from Arsenal!!!

Fergie has criticised his team for being so wasteful, counting the penalty miss and Valencia's screwup it should been a minimum of 4 goals and they again conceded cheaply after Nani lost possession in the opposition's half.

With Rooney playing the Scholes role and Cleverley gradually improving the centre midfield is definitely getting better and scoring goals isn't a problem but they badly need a decent winger as Young is average and Nani & Valencia are both terrible.

After all the BS from the Chelsea games it was nice to see RVP talking with his old team mates before the game and he also appeared to share a joke with Arsene Wenger as they went off at half time.....that's how it should be.

His goal was also great, I was unsure about the signing when it was first announced but I can't argue with his contribution so far.

**** me, Celtic 2 Barcelona 0 at time of posting.

2-1 was the final score....Rangers fans must be at rock bottom right now :lol

United had to make another comeback against Braga and it took RVP's introduction as sub to make the breakthrough they otherwise wouldn't have got because they had been playing terribly.

There was a 12 minute stoppage in the 2nd half due to a floodlight failure so I expect Fergie will now get accused of paying a stadium official to do it on purpose :lol

Aside from the comeback it was nice to see Chris Smalling make his return as it helps ease the defensive situation....at least until Ferdinand has another "twinge" in his back.

2-1 was the final score....Rangers fans must be at rock bottom right now :lol

There was a 12 minute stoppage in the 2nd half due to a floodlight failure so I expect Fergie will now get accused of paying a stadium official to do it on purpose :lol

:lol:lol

Yeah Van Persie has proven to be a very good buy for them. Probably about time they got another name like that who does live up to the hype.

:lol:lol

Yeah Van Persie has proven to be a very good buy for them. Probably about time they got another name like that who does live up to the hype.

If Fergie seriously wants another CL win before he retires the following players still need to go,

Nani
( I am convinced his surname means "Useless Twat Who Gives The Ball Away" when translated into English. )

Welbeck
( Emile Heskey 2.0 )

Carrick
( Is good at long passes out to the right, but nothing else. )

The following need to get their act together,

Anderson
( Seems to always be on the verge of delivering a consistent run of performances but never manages it. )

Valencia
( Runs all the way to opposing touchline, then passes the ball all the way back or dithers instead of crossing the ball in ASAP. )

Barca just couldnt put the ball in... hopefully Vilanova realises that not buying a defender for the last 4 seasons is not a great move. Using makeshift midfielders as defenders is no solution no matter how good their touch is on the ball.

And they better get used to every team playing with 10 men behind the ball and attacking only during set pieces...

Good news on the injury front for United fans,

Nani is out for 10 days! :yess:

Phil Jones is also scheduled to resume training next week.

In other news Ronaldo is being modest again,
https://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/255540,ronaldo-gives-himself-ballon-dor-vote.aspx

Aside from his goals against United I don't really know a lot about ( his rival ) Messi but he doesn't appear to have anything like the same ego which counts for something.

That said, I still wish Ronaldo was at United because it's better to have an egomaniac who actually delivers on a regular basis as opposed to Nani who thinks he's great, but isn't.

Last edited:
Good news on the injury front for United fans,

Nani is out for 10 days! :yess:

Phil Jones is also scheduled to resume training next week.

wat kind of a united fan are u, wishing nani injury,he was my fantasy league darling last season,
this season United has just too many players to rotate, no one is being started regulalry
except for welbeck most of the players u mentioned have saved United ass a few times,
Nani would be welcome in most top sides if u lot dont want him,

the fact is united have a chance to win the league for which squad depth is more important, fergie can put 2 separate teams a week if need, when all players are injury free,
For cups, u cant depend on the squad depth, more on the performance on the day and how players are up for it,,
but with United depth and abilty to manage injuries and suspensions , they will probably go a long way in the cups too..

wat kind of a united fan are u, wishing nani injury,he was my fantasy league darling last season,
this season United has just too many players to rotate, no one is being started regulalry
except for welbeck most of the players u mentioned have saved United ass a few times,
Nani would be welcome in most top sides if u lot dont want him,

the fact is united have a chance to win the league for which squad depth is more important, fergie can put 2 separate teams a week if need, when all players are injury free,
For cups, u cant depend on the squad depth, more on the performance on the day and how players are up for it,,
but with United depth and abilty to manage injuries and suspensions , they will probably go a long way in the cups too..

One that is sick of his consistently inept performances when someone else could be given a chance, either a youngster brought through or another signing with a proven record.

He has never come within a million miles of living up to his "potential" and at his very best has only ever played more than a handful of games at anything like the level of consistency that should be expected before going back to stinking up the team and in the last year he has gotten steadily worse.

As he is clearly too stupid to recognise his weaknesses ( Passing to his teammates, crossing, taking corners, running at too many defenders and behaving like a little girl whenever somebody tackles him. ) he should be sold because he is as much of a liability as the likes of Ferdinand and Carrick.

He claims he's in the top 2 wingers in Europe but he's not even the best at his own club although neither Valencia or Young are significantly better.

Having seen the club in the early 90's with Lee Sharpe, Ryan Giggs in his prime and Andrei Kanchelskis flying down the wings and then later they had Beckham's consistently good crosses from the right and then the outright genius of Ronaldo ( he's a prick, but a talented one ) it's pretty sad to see the present squad suffering from a lack of quality in those positions especially considering the money they got for Ronaldo was never spent on getting a decent replacement.

United may have a chance to win the PL but as Fergie nears retirement he must surely want at least one more Champions League but he won't get it with the likes of Nani in the team.

They may be 100% in their group so far but they've looked far from convincing against teams like Braga so if they get Barcelona or another heavyweight in the knockout phase they'll get ripped apart because those teams leave no margin for error.

Last edited:
One that is sick of his consistently inept performances when someone else could be given a chance, either a youngster brought through or another signing with a proven record.

He has never come within a million miles of living up to his "potential" and at his very best has only ever played more than a handful of games at anything like the level of consistency that should be expected before going back to stinking up the team and in the last year he has gotten steadily worse.

As he is clearly too stupid to recognise his weaknesses ( Passing to his teammates, crossing, taking corners, running at too many defenders and behaving like a little girl whenever somebody tackles him. ) he should be sold because he is as much of a liability as the likes of Ferdinand and Carrick.

He claims he's in the top 2 wingers in Europe but he's not even the best at his own club although neither Valencia or Young are significantly better.

Having seen the club in the early 90's with Lee Sharpe, Ryan Giggs in his prime and Andrei Kanchelskis flying down the wings and then later they had Beckham's consistently good crosses from the right and then the outright genius of Ronaldo ( he's a prick, but a talented one ) it's pretty sad to see the present squad suffering from a lack of quality in those positions especially considering the money they got for Ronaldo was never spent on getting a decent replacement.

United may have a chance to win the PL but as Fergie nears retirement he must surely want at least one more Champions League but he won't get it with the likes of Nani in the team.

They may be 100% in their group so far but they've looked far from convincing against teams like Braga so if they get Barcelona or another heavyweight in the knockout phase they'll get ripped apart because those teams leave no margin for error.

true , they will struggle against european opposition when u look at the team on paper, but thats hasnt stopped chelesea winning last year,
like i told last cups are won on the day perfomances rather than team strentgh or tactics..
Nani is still good enough for most teams, I dont know how united can manage so many players( salary , I mean) to afford even more top class players,
there were 10 changes to the team that played chelese midweek in the cup game, but still only 2 players had less than 10 game PL playing experience i think, your squad is too big and if you are going to buy more players surely u need to sell some,
if United dont ask too much , there will be many buyers for nani and valencia, seeing how United is not happy with these players, most teams will try to deal a bargain too,

Nani is still good enough for most teams

United aren't most teams, the expectations are a lot higher and Nani just isn't good enough for United.

Today's game was yet another example of how bad United's wingers are as Young was substituted at half time after doing nothing and Valencia was pathetic.

A poorly performing United had to go behind before getting into gear AGAIN but the result was never in doubt once Hernandez got the first one back after getting on the end of a great ball from Scholes.

His form last season was disappointing so it's great to see Hernandez on another run of goals....it should keep Welbeck down the pecking order :)

Nani I think should stay at United, sure he's in VERY poor form but we have to remember he did save us from City winning the Community Shield last year. Nani's potential was never that high and I don't think going he's going to be the catalyst United need. Nani didnt live up to the expectations after Ronaldo left but thats not an excuse for me and other United fans to say hes been horrible for us.I really think we would have kept Park, his work rate was amazing and never let us down when United needed him and he wasn't bad last season, I also wanted Kagawa and Park to team up and make an asain midfield partnership as well :(.

I think Man Utd should sign a promising young TALENT, not your every day player. AKA another no.7 . Valenica a monster for us and I hope he stays with united as long as possible but after he does United has to make sure they buy a gifted player, similar to the likes of Ronaldo, Beckham. But I reckon Cleverley is good enough for now.

As for strikers, Ronneys been extremely well for us and he's more of a midfielder that striker now and Robin is the modern day, Cantona or Nistelrooy. Hernandez isn't getting any younger so Fergsuon should start him normally now and with Valenica feeding ammunition, it shouldn't be a problem for him to start growing goals. Welbeck is very promising but I don't think he should be a starter.

Not EPL related but great result for USA today against Russia. 2-2 tie without our top forwards, I'll take it. D needs lots of work but Timmy was amazing in goal for us.

Back