ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess::hi5::yess:

Okeedokee, wifey and I are running to an Imax of TDKR for my Birthday, here is a quickie pic:

picture.php

Is this after the clearout of non-Batman stuff? You get it all sold already?

Got mine today, and overall it's a very good figure...but mine had it's own set of issues. More after a few quick pics...

DSCN0515.jpg

DSCN0517.jpg

DSCN0518-1.jpg

DSCN0519.jpg

DSCN0522.jpg

DSCN0523-1.jpg

DSCN0525-1.jpg

The suit itself as mentioned previously is a very slick, non tacky rubber, much like the covers I've seen on I-Phones & other such devices. The cowls and faces are all excellent. The plastic material the cowl is made of does reflect the light in photos and is not as glossy as pics make it seem, but it is not as flat matte as the suit. I did the "Rory" mod on the back of the belt with a couple of bread twist-ties to get it to hang lower. One of the blades on the gauntlets was a bent a little but not enough to deal with. No warping on any of the cowls. All the accessories are nicely detailed & well painted, but the devices on the belt do fall off pretty easy. The stock cape doesn't impress much...it's a thin, velvety material that hangs OK but isn't black enough...I'm glad I ordered a custom cape for it.

My issues are all magnet related. The one on the left inside of the suit fell off inside the suit and damned if I could figure out where it went...probably lost in the figures' bat-cavity. :gah: One of the clips magnets instantly fell off & it's lost in the plush of my office carpet...can't find it. And last but not least on the other clip the magnet seems to be install backwards..the polarity is wrong & flips over every time I stick it to the suit. This one, of course, is glued tightly into the clip & I can't get it off...figures. :slap So as of right now, the clips are useless to me. I'm probably going to have to remove the remaining magnet inside the suit & tack the clips on when I get Lances' cape. Personally, I think the figure looks better with out the damn clips so we'll see. It's also a PITA to get the cowls on the way the cape is...I may sew the two edges close together so it will hang on the neck & make it easier to swap heads. That's why these pics only feature the one head.

Overall it's an excellent piece. Enterbay did a great job delivering probably the best representation of Nolan's Batman so far, regardless of scale. The Lforgino cape will go a long way in improving the presentation. But EB's efforts are undermined by some factory issues, which seems to be their constant undoing.

Thanks...I took them off to dig inside the suit & look for the stupid magnet. Fixing them now. Duh, they're even marked on the inside L & R.

Congrats to those who purchased this awesome piece! :clap

I wish I had enough to pick up Batman myself.

But do you guys have any difficulty posing these figures in comparison to the HT? I don't know much about Enterbay and I've never collected a 1/4 scale... but I've read some pretty horrifying stories regarding the MIB bodies and I wanted to know if anyone else here is experiencing any body/posing issues.

I would buy some customs if they could sit right on top of the cowl somehow.

Here's one solution to that problem. Have tabs underneath the actual clips so that they rest on top of the edge of the cowl. Sort of like an interlocking step.

It's the only other solution I can think of other than having the rings that the actual prop cowl had.

Here's a crude illustration of what I had in mind if any customizers wanted to try it out before making molds.

capeclip.jpg

I don't think one person has commented on poseability, which is odd.

The elbows have ~75' range of motion. The biceps have a little twist to them ,but not much. Same goes for the shoulders, they can up up a couple clicks but again, not much. A small amount of abdomen movement from & back, also side to side. Legs @ hips, not much. Thighs have a little twist to them. Knees have some range of movement, seems to be double jointed. Not much in the ankles either, a little left to right movement, that's all. The neck joint twists, goes front & back and side to side, & there's a ball joint peg that sticks out to mount the head. Bottom line, it's limited compared to a 1/6 figure, but not a whole lot different from the 1/6 HT OC figures due to the suit. You'll get some arm poses out of it with some weapons and such, but that's about it.

^^^ Thanks for that.

Here's one solution to that problem. Have tabs underneath the actual clips so that they rest on top of the edge of the cowl. Sort of like an interlocking step.

It's the only other solution I can think of other than having the rings that the actual prop cowl had.

Here's a crude illustration of what I had in mind if any customizers wanted to try it out before making molds.

capeclip.jpg

I had something similar in mind. The only problem I see is that the "steps" would be visible and kind of unsightly.

To the peeps that don't own this figure, the magnets are DAMN strong. If you were to reposition them it wouldn't make a difference, they tend to just move anyway.

Extremely annoying tbh.

The elbows have ~75' range of motion. The biceps have a little twist to them ,but not much. Same goes for the shoulders, they can up up a couple clicks but again, not much. A small amount of abdomen movement from & back, also side to side. Legs @ hips, not much. Thighs have a little twist to them. Knees have some range of movement, seems to be double jointed. Not much in the ankles either, a little left to right movement, that's all. The neck joint twists, goes front & back and side to side, & there's a ball joint peg that sticks out to mount the head. Bottom line, it's limited compared to a 1/6 figure, but not a whole lot different from the 1/6 HT OC figures due to the suit. You'll get some arm poses out of it with some weapons and such, but that's about it.

Thanks for your response!

Poseability is limited, but still can get some decent pose with it.
I originally wanted a dynamic pose but at the time, I was bothered more with the clips. This is before I figured out a better way to attach them. So, I spent more time, posing and realigning the damn clips. I probably spent over 2 hours just posing, and mostly futzing with the clips.
When I eventually found out the better way to attach the clips, that's when I have the like a Boss pose. After that, just decided to stick to that pose.

I pretty much emulated most of the Promo pics.

To the peeps that don't own this figure, the magnets are DAMN strong. If you were to reposition them it wouldn't make a difference, they tend to just move anyway.

Extremely annoying tbh.

Voorhees, did you read my clips attachment tip?
After I figured it out, it was very easy to attach them.

I had something similar in mind. The only problem I see is that the "steps" would be visible and kind of unsightly.

As long as they were as thin/thick as the edge of the cowl I don't think it would be too noticeable.

The tab/step doesn't necessarily have to be right at the edge of the clip either (I just did that in my illustration so that they'd be noticable). Just have the tab far enough in so that it rests on the suit/cape while the actual clip rests on the edge of the cowl and I think it would work out great.

Extremely annoying tbh.

Annoying? Rage inducing, more like. 10 minutes with these ****ing magnets and you'll need anger management counselling!:balrog

As long as they were as thin/thick as the edge of the cowl I don't think it would be too noticeable.

The tab/step doesn't necessarily have to be right at the edge of the clip either (I just did that in my illustration so that they'd be noticable). Just have the tab far enough in so that it rests on the suit/cape while the actual clip rests on the edge of the cowl and I think it would work out great.

Yeah, I'm sure something along those lines would work great.

I hope a customizer/caster is taking notes! :lecture

Back