ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, you can point at the MMS 117 T2 Arnold and the MMS 67 OC Batman/MMS 155 Batman Begins and laugh but remember, the time frames of those pieces. Those figures have held up extremely well being 3-4 years old.

The certain ones seem to choose to forget that.

These aren't the last Terminator and Batman figures from either company or scale either . . .

This too.

Remember the little quote from the film Entrapment. I liked it and the fact it was true.

I don't need to share it with anyone.

Most people buy art just to show it off.

I collect art for me.

:lol Got to use a Bane quote today. Somehow the topic of what time me and my siblings were born at came up. Apparently I was born during the night whilst my younger brother was born during the day...can you guess what I said to him..

:lol

actually, I should've said my wife in initiated. :lol

Bigger is also more expensive..

And takes up more space which makes it less collectible.

It sort of reminds me of these guys,

lando-jumbo-and-small-figs.jpg

blue-snaggletooths.jpg

C-3PO+12%25E2%2580%259D+Jumbo+Vintage+Kenner+Star+Wars+Action+Figure+by+Gentle+Giant.jpg

Yoda+with+Orange+Snake+6+Inch+Jumbo+Vintage+Kenner+Star+Wars+Action+Figure+by+Gentle+Giant.jpg

The Jumbo sized 12" versions of the old vintage 3 3/4" Kenner line. Hot Toys seems to be doing this with their recent DX 12 TDK Batman too. The 1/4 version is just a blown up version of it. That's exactly what I thought when I held the Enterbay T-800 in my hands. "Oh this is a jumbo sized version of my 12" Arnold". Yeah, the sculpt and clothes are superior but it still seemed like a bigger version. Of course Enterbay improved it, the Hot Toys version came out in 2009 while theirs was made just last year.

Same thing with this Batman. It KILLS the Hot Toys version, but that's just because the Hot Toys one is 4 years old. You know Hot Toys are going to be pricks about this and put out a new and improved "BATMAN BEGINS 4.0".

As for the size thing, "bigger is better". I don't know. Yeah, I don't want small, high-end 6" figures (even though I do collect this scale) or even micro machines or 3 3/4, but to me, 12" (1/6) is like the perfect size.

It's much more manageable for me. Easier to hold, easier to display, easier to futz, easier to collect, more affordable (though, these days, that's debatable like jye mentioned). Also much easier to take a piss with. Any larger and I think I'd have problems with my zipper and flesh.

Bottom line, I could never replace my 1/6 figures with 1/4 versions which I see is being suggested.

I collect figures and toys from a wide range of scales, high-end to retail stuff. 1/4 is alright but it just doesn't do it for me.

This Batman is great, the best Begins version even, but, as EVILFACE would say, WRONG SCALE.

If I had a shrink ray, I'd buy this and shrink it down to 1/6 scale.

Last edited:
I'm with Snoop and A-Dev on this one. I don't think there's any thing stopping a company from putting out a figure like Enterbay T-800 or this Batman in 1/6 scale. Nothing. Enterbay could have literally made these in 1/6 if they wanted to.

I was impressed with the 1/4 T-800 when I first got it, but the only difference between it and the most recent 1/6 figures I got at the time was scale and metal accessories. Are you telling me they can't produce these sculpts or great tailored clothing in 1/6 scale that's as good (if not better) as this?

Sure, you can point at the MMS 117 T2 Arnold and the MMS 67 OC Batman/MMS 155 Batman Begins and laugh but remember, the time frames of those pieces. Those figures have held up extremely well being 3-4 years old.

These aren't the last Terminator and Batman figures from either company or scale either . . .

Yupp, there is NOTHING in the 1/4 Batman that can't be done at 1/6. That's why i'm not sold on this scale at all. If you're gonna have a larger canvas, USE it.

Batman should have had a removable cowl (near impossible to do in 1/6, but I bet it could be done very well in 1/4) and metal accessories.
Joker should have had rooted hair.

I haz 2 agrees with Fabio in a row. :lol

Another turnoff in 1/6 scale is the cheap and breakable accessories. So far so good with EB's 1/4 scale. I'm not big on posing figures drastically but when I do something seems to always go wrong or break. Getting tired of HT's for that reason too.

Yupp, there is NOTHING in the 1/4 Batman that can't be done at 1/6. That's why i'm not sold on this scale at all. If you're gonna have a larger canvas, USE it.

Batman should have had a removable cowl (near impossible to do in 1/6, but I bet it could be done very well in 1/4) and metal accessories.

Why stop there? Enterbay should have had the Bruce Wayne figure change into the Bat suit, and then come with an Armani suit. You'll have the choice of dressing him up as Bruce Wayne or Batman.

In theory that might be true, but one has to figure in the costs associated with doing all those things from the manufacturing side & then passed on to the customer which raises the prices. If the price is too high then less amount of product is sold. By then it's a case of diminishing returns to the manufacturer and in their mind, it's possible there's no sense in making it in the first place.

Considering the cost of the EB Bats @ $360, plus $60 for a large box shipped international priority, I believe the EB bats is a very good value, at a reasonable price point relative to the market price established by the current prices of none other than Hot Toys. Their best figures have a MSRP of close to $250 these days. For a $100 more you get a much more impressive figure.

Another turnoff in 1/6 scale is the cheap and breakable accessories. So far so good with EB's 1/4 scale. I'm not big on posing figures drastically but when I do something seems to always go wrong or break. Getting tired of HT's for that reason too.

I've NEVER had a 1/6 accessory break on me save for maybe a pistol and an antenna on a remote control. Plus, if they do break parts are available online. From ebay stores to toyanxiety. You don't get that relief with Enterbay because nothing gets parted out. (Though I was lucky and very fortunate thanks to my distributor with the missing pistol clip and crappy leather boot on my Enterbay Arnold).

I love the 1887 shot gun and the pistol but when you **** that **** or pull the clip out I definitely get this sense like, "imma break this damn thing if I keep ****ing with it". That's mostly due to the metal and all the functioning pieces.

The entire body is like that as well. I don't know how Batman is since I don't have it, but I'm constantly in fear when I go to pose the Arnold with his rubber torso and big, ratchet limbs. In fact, I think I posed him twice in the span of 5 months? It just does not feel right when you lift that sucker up. It's like a marionette puppet but not nearly as loose.

1/6 is much easier to contort, pose and handle. Unless I'm just being a little baby when I handle the 1/4 figures (which I don't think I am).

Yup, just what I figured would happen, i'm having a birthday party tonight for wife and I (3 days apart), and everyone came to see my collection room.

1/4 was the center of attention, praise and questions. :yess:

Then again I only own 2 1/6 figures. :lol

But your 1/4 Batman will be sitting on the roof of your 1/6 vehicles. Push, push! ;)

IMO it's kinda early to say that there's nothing in the 1/4 Batman (or any 1/4 figures) that can't be done at 1/6. Being new to this game I have backtracked some HT and EB figures, looking at pictures online and seeing the actual figures displayed in stores and some from my friends' collections. While doing this I can only be amazed at how things have improved. The earlier figures sure had a lot of rooms for improvement, but if they could still amaze now I can't imagine how many jaws dropped the first time they were released. And improved they have. They improved so much that I can see details that I never thought would even be possible to be done on a 1/6 figure.

We've only seen a handful of 1/4 figures so far, and I'm ready to be surprised as to what they could do on these 18-inchers a few years from now. By then maybe we could see where a 1/4 can keep on going, where a 1/6 could only stop.

Just checked EB's facebook album for this.
It's amazing how a few people keep on posting negative comments on different pictures
makes me wonder if HT paid them to do that :lol (but yeah highly unlikely)

And takes up more space which makes it less collectible.

It sort of reminds me of these guys,

lando-jumbo-and-small-figs.jpg

blue-snaggletooths.jpg

C-3PO+12%25E2%2580%259D+Jumbo+Vintage+Kenner+Star+Wars+Action+Figure+by+Gentle+Giant.jpg

Yoda+with+Orange+Snake+6+Inch+Jumbo+Vintage+Kenner+Star+Wars+Action+Figure+by+Gentle+Giant.jpg

The Jumbo sized 12" versions of the old vintage 3 3/4" Kenner line. Hot Toys seems to be doing this with their recent DX 12 TDK Batman too. The 1/4 version is just a blown up version of it. That's exactly what I thought when I held the Enterbay T-800 in my hands. "Oh this is a jumbo sized version of my 12" Arnold". Yeah, the sculpt and clothes are superior but it still seemed like a bigger version. Of course Enterbay improved it, the Hot Toys version came out in 2009 while theirs was made just last year.

Same thing with this Batman. It KILLS the Hot Toys version, but that's just because the Hot Toys one is 4 years old. You know Hot Toys are going to be pricks about this and put out a new and improved "BATMAN BEGINS 4.0".

As for the size thing, "bigger is better". I don't know. Yeah, I don't want small, high-end 6" figures (even though I do collect this scale) or even micro machines or 3 3/4, but to me, 12" (1/6) is like the perfect size.

It's much more manageable for me. Easier to hold, easier to display, easier to futz, easier to collect, more affordable (though, these days, that's debatable like jye mentioned). Also much easier to take a piss with. Any larger and I think I'd have problems with my zipper and flesh.

Bottom line, I could never replace my 1/6 figures with 1/4 versions which I see is being suggested.

I collect figures and toys from a wide range of scales, high-end to retail stuff. 1/4 is alright but it just doesn't do it for me.

This Batman is great, the best Begins version even, but, as EVILFACE would say, WRONG SCALE.

It's not like Hot Toys doesn't have a 'NEW' 1/6 Batman figure out this year.So either they don't want to or can't make them look like Bale in the mask. Not to mention sculpting the cowl correctly. :slap

I'm not a HT hater, I love their stuff, but I am not convinced they can make 1/6 look like the EB 1/4. Hell, I don't think EB can make one either!

One thing about head sculpts with removable cowls/masks -- I think most toys manufacturers veer away from this because of scale issues. Try to make the head smaller to keep the proportion while the cowl/mask is on makes the unmasked figure look like a goomba from the Mario Bros movie. Make the head sculpt well-proportioned and it looks close to a bobble head with the cowl on.

But a the rate these figures are being improved on, it would be awesome to see a perfectly made figure that looks awesome with or without the mask.

Back