ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not like Hot Toys doesn't have a 'NEW' 1/6 Batman figure out this year.So either they don't want to or can't make them look like Bale in the mask. Not to mention sculpting the cowl correctly. :slap

I'm not a HT hater, I love their stuff, but I am not convinced they can make 1/6 look like the EB 1/4. Hell, I don't think EB can make one either!

Yeah, I'm not sure what is up with the face plates with the DX 12 and their 1/4 Batman. In fact, I sort of like the older face sculpts more.

I definitely think the '89 Keaton Batman is on par with this 1/4 Batman attempt though, scale be damned. The face plates look exactly like Keaton and the cowl sculpt is fantastic.

If you compare the specs/pics between the DX 09 and Enterbay TDK 1/4, it doesn't even look like there's a scale discrepancy. In fact, they both could be 1:1.

I agree about the 89 figure, can go toe to toe with 1/4 EB for best Batman figure ever.

Now, imagine 89 with that level of quality in 1/4. :horror

Admit it DiFabio, instant purchase.

I saw a lovely huge place in Jersey the other night, shame about the price tag. £2.8 million. But my god the space. :D

The things I could do for that much money.. :lol

It's not like Hot Toys doesn't have a 'NEW' 1/6 Batman figure out this year.So either they don't want to or can't make them look like Bale in the mask. Not to mention sculpting the cowl correctly. :slap

I'm not a HT hater, I love their stuff, but I am not convinced they can make 1/6 look like the EB 1/4. Hell, I don't think EB can make one either!

Just because HT is incompetent sculpting Nolan Batman doesn't mean it can't be done in 1:6

Heck Adams Batman head has already proved it

I agree about the 89 figure, can go toe to toe with 1/4 EB for best Batman figure ever.

Now, imagine 89 with that level of quality in 1/4. :horror

Admit it DiFabio, instant purchase.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about that because,

1. Enterbay doesn't have the license

2. Hot Toys isn't making 1/4 '89 Batman figures (atleast, they haven't announced that they are)

Then again, there is the fact that they're making 1/4 and DX Batman Returns figures so 1989 Batman could be a possibility.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg

If the QS001 (I love how confident Hot Toys is that they're going to make at least 100 1/4 figures :lol) TDKR and DX 12 TDLR are any indication, I bet the 1/4 Batman Returns figure is just a 2-up of the 1/6 Batman Returns figure.

Yeah, the Michael Keaton head sculpts will look a little different, but they'll both be similar overall.

The same thing will probably happen with the 1/4 Police Shootout T-800 from T1. There will be a 1/4 version and a 1/6 version. That seems to be Hot Toys' goal with 1/4. Just make larger versions of the 1/6 figure.

So that's what it comes down to really. If 1/4 are just bigger versions of the 1/6 figures, and I have the 1/6 figures. Do I really need 1/4? Enterbay is different, they've never made Batman, Terminator, Joker or Rambo in ANY scale. They could have very well have been 1/6 if Enterbay was able to get the 1/6 license (which they couldn't). With Hot Toys though it seems like they're just giving collectors two options.

Do you want the Double Gulp Batman figure or the Super Big Gulp Batman figure?

superbiggulp.jpg

Aehm you mean 999 1/4 scale figures ;)

I was personally expecting more beyond a perfect cowl and all but honestly at this price they are hitting a sweet spot to convert as many 1/6 collectors as they can. Throw in rooted hair and other features w an even higher price and this will just be too far of a reach the already cash strapped 1/6 boys (me). How many see delays these days as blessing ;)

:borg

Aehm you mean 999 1/4 scale figures ;)

:nono

100 would be the first number to utilize three digits (at least), 999 would be the last to utilize three digits (at most).

Now if I were serious w my statement I would have ended it with a :lecture
;) had to start a new line to not confuse you w both :lecture and ;) being on the same line ;)

And it almost worked. :lol

I was like "wait, did I just **** up?".

Now that I seriously doubt. Freaks are just as serious as normal ppl. Just normal ppl don't take them serious :lecture ;)
Now seriously though these 1/4 could be the answer us (me) 1/6 addicts have been looking for. A way to get out of 1/6 which seems to have endless releases. 1/4 is only "marginally" more but 5-10 releases a year I can easily survive that and certainly no vehicles to ponder. Just have to stay away from buying doubles and we (I) would be set

Now that I seriously doubt. Freaks are just as serious as normal ppl. Just normal ppl don't take them serious :lecture ;)
Now seriously though these 1/4 could be the answer us (me) 1/6 addicts have been looking for. A way to get out of 1/6 which seems to have endless releases. 1/4 is only "marginally" more but 5-10 releases a year I can easily survive that and certainly no vehicles to ponder. Just have to stay away from buying doubles and we (I) would be set

way to get out? more like a way to get in deeper into the hobby :thud: :yess:

:lol

Just saw this in the closed thread, BW sculpt is not that bad:

483302_465990236747143_1427388241_n.jpg

way to get out? more like a way to get in deeper into the hobby :thud: :yess:

:lol

No, trust me, ordering 2 1/4 figures this month is better than walking out w 6 figures from toys2 .... actually I did both so I guess its as bad as it can get but hopefully ..... maybe I can convince myself on focusing on 1/4 ...will be easier on my wallet :gah:

No, trust me, ordering 2 1/4 figures this month is better than walking out w 6 figures from toys2 .... actually I did both so I guess its as bad as it can get but hopefully ..... maybe I can convince myself on focusing on 1/4 ...will be easier on my wallet :gah:

:exactly: :lol:rotfl

Hopefully this will slow things down for me @_@

Can anyone who has this elaborate more on the quality of the rubber? I have searched the forums, and I have seen some passing remarks about the rubber being similar to iphone rubber covers. Then there was someone who bought three of these figures, and upon experimenting with one he managed to make a tear.

Wouldn't EB have to find a pliable rubber for articulation, hence a weaker, more malleable, and less resiliant material?

I have both the Hot toys OC and SDCC batman. I am a little pissed that a figure that costs $250 deteriorates faster than my $15 dollar iphone cover, so I am hestiant to pull the trigger on this one.

so help with info? Plz and thank you

I still dont have mine in hand yet, but im guessing you cant really have rubber that wont crack at extreme poses,
without sacrificing the right thickness of rubber used at this scale

i'd also like to know to what extent retaane was posing his EB Bats when it got ripped

You can articulate quite a bit just have to ensure that the suit is not stressed and tears

I already have torn a suit on this by experimenting

I call that "I ma happy to see rachel version"

But no problem I have 3 others lying down just in case hahaha

and I refuse to go back to 1/6 scale :yess:

Back