ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man after seeing the pictures and doing comparisons with actual film stills, I'd say there's still work to be done for the ultimate 1/6 and 1/4 Batman! More excuses for companies to churn out more.

:panic:

All the gauntlets just look so wrong in comparison. I can't really describe it but they just all seem large and clunky, like big plastic cups. The Takara ones are close but I feel like even they could be improved upon.

Batman's forearms should JUST fit in them and they should make his hands look a bit smaller. I think the gauntlets would actually benefit from being smaller, thinner and perhaps formed from a more pliable material.

That's all nitpicking though. I do realize these are just collectible toy figures, not the real deal.

Man after seeing the pictures and doing comparisons with actual film stills, I'd say there's still work to be done for the ultimate 1/6 and 1/4 Batman! More excuses for companies to churn out more.

Welcome to my world.

lolcat-embrace-dark-side.jpg

For those who don't have the figure and are considering this mod: I suggest you live with the figure for a while. Make sure that you wanna keep it. Make sure that the belly really bothers you.

For a while I tried to ignore how much it bothered me. I just couldn't get over it and the realization that I was going to have to do something about it just slowly crept over me. Knowing that the gauntlets would have to be moded and that I was going to repaint two of the cowls (too shiny) made it easier to come to terms with cutting up the under-foam.

However, if you want to resell imminently or really don't care about the belly/belt problem then leave it be.

For those like me, consider this: You are only cutting some of the padding. Assuming you are careful, the suit is still perfectly in tact.

One more thought: It may be possible to simply remove the ab foam rather than cutting it midway (which means it could be put back). I am not sure whether it is attached to the chest foam or not. If there was a way to undo the g-string and fold the shirt all the way up one could find that out...

...although I have a feeling just removing the ab foam completely would leave unsightly ridges in a few places...

For those who don't have the figure and are considering this mod: I suggest you live with the figure for a while. Make sure that you wanna keep it. Make sure that the belly really bothers you.

For a while I tried to ignore how much it bothered me. I just couldn't get over it and the realization that I was going to have to do something about it just slowly crept over me. Knowing that the gauntlets would have to be moded and that I was going to repaint two of the cowls (too shiny) made it easier to come to terms with cutting up the under-foam.

However, if you want to resell imminently or really don't care about the belly/belt problem then leave it be.

For those like me, consider this: You are only cutting some of the padding. Assuming you are careful, the suit is still perfectly in tact.

One more thought: It may be possible to simply remove the ab foam rather than cutting it midway (which means it could be put back). I am not sure whether it is attached to the chest foam or not. If there was a way to undo the g-string and fold the shirt all the way up one could find that out...

...although I have a feeling just removing the ab foam completely would leave unsightly ridges in a few places...

The flipside to that is that if you still end up needing to sell it, if you find a buyer like me that values the mods, you may get MORE for it than you would have got if it were mint.

That's one of my biggest fears about this thing, the glossy heads. It'd bother the **** out of me having one of them. I don't even see how they could **** that up consistently.

I could deal with one leg being longer (I experienced this with my EB 1/4 Terminator but thankfully fixed it since I could take the clothes off, unlike this) or having to adjust the belt or messing with the cape clips.

But an unsightly head finish? Nah, even if I had one perfect one out of three that would bug me.

That's one of my biggest fears about this thing, the glossy heads. It'd bother the **** out of me having one of them. I don't even see how they could **** that up consistently.

I could deal with one leg being longer (I experienced this with my EB 1/4 Terminator but thankfully fixed it since I could take the clothes off, unlike this) or having to adjust the belt or messing with the cape clips.

But an unsightly head finish? Nah, even if I had one perfect one out of three that would bug me.

It'd bug the life out of me too.

Glad I ordered through OSB. I'm sure if it were faulty Wai-Man will sort it out :lecture

Now the mid section doesn't look right after the nip tuck.

The suit had some girth, especially in the midsection, biceps and buttocks.

Batman is built like cherub in the movie, not now with this Maglor version who seems to have benefited from some dieting with raw vegetables.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The flipside to that is that if you still end up needing to sell it, if you find a buyer like me that values the mods, you may get MORE for it than you would have got if it were mint.

:1-1:

Yeah it really is annoying knowing I have only one of three heads that are actually useable. But I will be fixing that/having them fixed.

In a case like this (glossy cowls) would you consider having a figure modified? Certainly a repaint in this case would increase the value of the figure. And it's just the black part - the eyes and face plates wouldn't need paint.

thanks for the mod tutorial mags :hi5:

Welcome. :)

I'll try and take some pictures that showcase how the figure actually looks now tomorrow. My two clinical pictures really aren't doing him any favors.

Great pics Jye!

Right this second i'm sat waiting for the delivery man with my Batman and his FUPA. Goddamnit UPS. I NEED FUPA.

well i got mine round 9:15 today, after getting off work and opening him up around 2pm, despite the QC issues i had, it is amazing when displayed. The QC issues are: The looking forward cowl sculpt(MY FAVOURITE ONE :gah: the point of the cowl at the back is bent inwards :( but itsn't too bad.I tried to heat it up and move it but it was having none of it. Futzed and with the back of lances cape but up to it, it is ok.
heres a pic of that
IMG-20121019-00669.jpg

Believe it or not, when i got it. I thought to myself huh his right arm is a little stiff, let me just try a little force but nope wouldn't budge. So i thought let me see, so i bent it away from me.....and yep you guessed it his arm was backwards:slap so i had to swivel his arm while moving the suit so not to rip it, and finally after about an hour i got it back to normal. now all is well. Getting his legs to look straight and not like he'd just had his knee bashed in a dislocated was a major PIA.

The only mod i will be doing is the belt mod when i get myself some twist ties.The clips don't bother me at all, i've found the spot where i am happy with them and how it looks. My cowls, despite the one bent one, all seems to be rather dull aswell not too shiny which is good.
Oh and lance's cape looks totally awesome.

here are a few phone pics.
IMG-20121019-00663.jpg

IMG-20121019-00665.jpg

I really hate the height of the belt lol can't wait to mod it.
IMG-20121019-00671.jpg

one of the cowls (shine is the window)
IMG-20121019-00672.jpg

all in all im really happy with it :blissy

Last edited:
Back