ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
except that extra attention to detail will give them (more so HT than EB most likely) a reason to jump the price again. Ever since HT made an announcement idk how long ago about them now supposedly using superior paint apps and sculpting detail, prices have started to rise faster than they ever did before. It used to be a figure here and there was a little pricier than normal but it usually felt somewhat worth it. now almost each new figure is higher priced than the last and many times with less accessories and such

Well see things like the size of the clips, the lack of a glossy finish on the gauntlets, the lack of a matt finish on the cowl, the belt being too small around the waist - these are all things that IMO are wrong due to oversight and nothing to do with cost. Same with stuff like Joker socks being wrong on HT's Jokers, on their Batman figures having skinny and long necks. These are oversights showing pure lack of attention to detail - if they paid attention, the errors wouldn't have happened and the cost of the figures to us would be the same.

Things like why he doesn't have a higher quality cape, or why the eyes are not made of glass, or why the accessories are not metal - those are things that IMO would impact cost, and there I can see your point that you'd rather save that extra $30-50 incremental cost for the more accurate materials etc.

I think intothevoid is perfectionist which I don't have complain about. I never check all the details and easily pleased. while you make me upset by pointing all the problems and make me change my judgement about this batman ( I used to think this batman is pretty much perfect, except for the bale HS), I respect your opinion.
I don't know, but people like you are needed to show what improvement a figure might need. If every person satisfied with what DX02 looked like, or even HT batman begins, then we will never even see this EB Batman.
but I also do agree with ash housewares that no people will realize how big the clips are.
As I said before, some people easily pleased like me, some people don't.
Let's all get along and order this cool Batman figure:yess:

Thank you

Like I've said before, that detail can be achieved with custom standalone pieces, but is difficult on a mass-production scale. That's why EB may have gotten it closer(although the Bale sculpt is way off), because they probably have lower quantities and less of an assembly-line dynamic than HT.

Personally, I've been pronouncing it "purz".

Not sure I agree that it's got to do with the scale of the production. I can see a connection between HT being too overburdened and understaffed to have time for little details though. If they were more appropriately staffed then they probably would have more time to get little details right, and those details should be replicated just fine on a mass produced scale

And I pronounce is Purz too :lol

They're too big

Clips%25201.jpg

slightly bigger...yes
too big...no

there's a difference. Very minor inconsistency.
No offense, sure its expensive figure for $400, but if you want a exact perfect representation from the 1:1 scale, you're talking about one of a kind, thousands of dollars figure to perfect every single detail. Bottom line, this is still a mass produced figure.

Its one thing to point out imperfections, its another thing to make the figure sound like its low quality by minute detail. For a mass produced figure, this is still in my opinion the best batman figure ever produced.

slightly bigger...yes
too big...no

No offense, sure its expensive figure for $400, but if you want a exact perfect representation from the 1:1 scale, you're talking about one of a kind, thousands of dollars figure to perfect every single detail. Bottom line, this is still a mass produced figure.

Its one thing to point out imperfections, its another thing to make the figure sound like its low quality by minute detail. For a mass produced figure, this is still in my opinion the best batman figure ever produced.

Well no offense but I disagree.

HT got the scale right in 1/6. So I shouldn't expect to have to dish out for a one of a kind super expensive custom to get the scale of the clips right in 1/4.

slightly bigger...yes
too big...no

True. And believe me, I have seen 1:1 FS pieces in prop forums that didn't looks as accurate as this 1/4 figure...

HT got the scale right in 1/6. So I shouldn't expect to have to dish out for a one of a kind super expensive custom to get the scale of the clips right in 1/4.

This is a good point, I don't see mind-blowing improvement to detail with the larger scale which is probably why I'll be skipping 1/4. I think the main advantage was the ability to make the smaller accessories like the little sonic device in his boot that summons his "backup" in the first movie, and all the other extras it looks like they're including for the utility belt.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The levels of accuracy being demanded are just never going to happen. I think it needs to be remembered too that this is an action figure we are all discussing - so much time and effort is being put into analysing it and comparing it to photos of the real thing - it might be a collector's item but it's still a 12inch figure. All these little innaccuracies pale into insignificance once the figure is in hand due to the size anyway.

But Void are you still happy with any of your current Hot Toys Batman figures? Not one of them is actually as accurate as this IMO.

:dunno

Couldn't have said it better myself. The levels of accuracy being demanded are just never going to happen. I think it needs to be remembered too that this is an action figure we are all discussing - so much time and effort is being put into analysing it and comparing it to photos of the real thing - it might be a collector's item but it's still a 12inch figure. All these little innaccuracies pale into insignificance once the figure is in hand due to the size anyway.

I agree, but this one is 18 inches. Hopefully I've put that in a way that will negate a "that's what she said" reply. :)

It's so amazing that the people who said that they are not buying this, are coming back to this thread to say that they are buying it. :lol

Like who? :dunno

What I said :lecture

Actually I will probably buy this because of how good the cowl sculpt is. Will have to customize the niggles.

The forum is for debate. Someone asked if the clips were too big. I said they were, you said they weren't. I provided backup for my claim, and you put that down to being too nitpicky.

Think about your argument before making it :wave

But Void are you still happy with any of your current Hot Toys Batman figures? Not one of them is actually as accurate as this IMO.

:dunno

My 1/6 OC Bats - hell no, not happy at all :lol
But i've got custom parts in the works, after which I'll be very pleased with him. :lecture

Same with the guy - while out of the box the EB will be much better than the HT out of the box, it also would need tinkering with to get it to a place where I'm happy with it.

Its not like they sculpt and built this thing and then BANG! its close and we'll leave it as it is.
Who knows how many times they have made a cowl to get the almost exact same shape. Who knows how many times they have sculpted the belt to get the exact same size and shape. They could have easily probably just threw any kind of rubber (like what HT did) to match the cowl, but from what I understand, its a much firm rubber material so that may explain the reason why the cowl and body doesnt match, they may have sacrificed that detail for a better quality material.

The fact of the matter is for a mass produced figure, there comes a time where they finally have to put a deadline or else the figure may take forever to release. Damn, they actually already did and I think its because they want to produce the best quality material that they can, but still, the fact of the matter is, These companies still HAVE to have a deadline.
Even Rainman, Serang, to name a few who charges $800-$1000 for 1/6 figures do not completely nail the figures to the exact detail.

But i've got custom parts in the works, after which I'll be very pleased with him. :lecture

Same with this guy - while out of the box the EB will be much better than the HT out of the box, it also would need tinkering with to get it to a place where I'm happy with it.

Hmmm.. the only Nolan Batman figure I'm happy with is my bobbyC Joker. Not saying this is anyway as close as that, but mass market I think this Batman is as good as we are gonna get? I wish it was 1/6th as well though.

:monkey2

Hmmm.. the only Nolan Batman figure I'm happy with is my bobbyC Joker. Not saying this is anyway as close as that, but mass market I think this Batman is as good as we are gonna get? I wish it was 1/6th as well though.

Yeah if only these were all 1/6 - would be easy to mix and match the parts and take the best of both worlds, as some of us did with our Medix TDK Batmans

Same with the guy - while out of the box the EB will be much better than the HT out of the box, it also would need tinkering with to get it to a place where I'm happy with it.

And that place is somewhere no ordinary mortal can venture...:lecture

Back