ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic Rory. Have to say though. Those cape clips are way too big. Like 0.1mm too big. Easy Pass

:wink1:

I know I said that this is the best Batman begins figure but it sure sounds like it needs a lot of work.

Is that because they sucked to begin with? Or are you just a perfectionist that you wanted them to be perfect?

You sound really desperate to fix this figure. I thought it looked fine on your review on you tube. :dunno

I am not touching mine have no time, but wanted some rory eye candy :lol

By far the best looking Nolan Bats Ive seen... so suddenly seems like the mood of the thread is going at a 180 degree turn on the consensus on it... those who will pass, may regret it later as this will surely end up selling out soon like the T2 did...

Actually the plastic isn't cheap, just the molding. It sandpapers and varnishes well. I don't know whether there is genuine interest in these mods or if everyone is going to telepathically try and choke me.:lol
But anyway... the crevices are glossier because the varnish is still wet in places, looks loads better. I'm gonna take it step by step to hit the right sheen...

1-28.jpg

Void..it's some kind of crime against humanity if you don't get this. Honestly you are about 200 times the bat fan I am, and I'm blown away by it.

Is there a way to have the clips sit on top of the cowl (for accuracy) and still hold the cape?

yup, you can put them wherever you want, easy to fix the cape in place without them.

Actually the plastic isn't cheap, just the molding. It sandpapers and varnishes well. I don't know whether there is genuine interest in these mods or if everyone is going to telepathically try and choke me.:lol
But anyway... the crevices are glossier because the varnish is still wet in places, looks loads better. I'm gonna take it step by step to hit the right sheen...

1-28.jpg

Void..it's some kind of crime against humanity if you don't get this. Honestly you are about 200 times the bat fan I am, and I'm blown away by it.

I do not get what you are trying to do here. What is so wrong with the gauntlets that you need to sand them?

I do not get what you are trying to do here. What is so wrong with the gauntlets that you need to sand them?

Not trying to do anything mate. I sanded the seam lines and plastic flash edges off to make them look more realistic then I changed the sheen of them by coating in satin acrylic varnish. Most OC Bats are incorrectly given matte gauntlets.

look at his gauntlets...
Batman4.jpg

Not trying to do anything mate. I sanded the seam lines and plastic flash edges off to make them look more realistic then I changed the sheen of them by coating in satin acrylic varnish. Most OC Bats are incorrectly given matte gauntlets.

look at his gauntlets...
Batman4.jpg

Ah I get it, so they are suppose to be shiny then?

Also is the cowl suppose to be shiny because it looks matte in the movie? :dunno

Like what? I never had a problem ordering direct from enterbay but those were the Bruce Lee days, back in 2008.
They have been unresponsive to customer inquiries, forcing people to make threats via Paypal disputes to get the fire burning under EB's butt. 45 days and then Paypal dispute option goes away, and the figure may not be received within that time. Plus, you shouldn't have to go that route anyway. Customer service should be willing and able to deal with issues without the need to resort to threats, of course.

:lol

I'm getting him but I'm not gonna kid myself into believing its anywhere near flawless. Building a list of mods that will be needed.

Nice job with the gauntlets - you should've taken before and after pics

They have been unresponsive to customer inquiries, forcing people to make threats via Paypal disputes to get the fire burning under EB's butt. 45 days and then Paypal dispute option goes away, and the figure may not be received within that time. Plus, you shouldn't have to go that route anyway. Customer service should be willing and able to deal with issues without the need to resort to threats, of course.

That sucks, I would not order directly from them then.

Hey man, no worries...
I cut a small rounded section of foam (from an old DX box) and shoved it into the groin. Simple. and for the belt I cut two small pieces of jewellery brass wire, threaded them through the holes and slightly extended the belt, its the angle that needs changing to get it to sit right. It needs a slight V at the back.

I can see some other things to do, like some work around the eyes, and fixing the gauntlets, but it's a very Mod friendly set. Everything is pretty much perfect, just needs some TLC.

i will post some more pics later.

Rory,

If it's okay and you don't mind, would you be able to take a pic of the back of the belt to your mod ? So I can correct mine too the way how it sits.

And I really dig the placement of your cape. Is it sitting underneath the cowl ? Because I have seen other people's attempt at putting the cape under the cowl and it creates gap between the base of the cowl to the chest. Yours look perfect.

So far your pics really make this figure worth every dollar, every cent and every penny money spent. So superbly awesome !

I really was not into the 1/4 scale figures but this figure is really impressive. I am starting to think that 1/6 scale look more like toys and 1/4 scale look more like real people.

I don't know maybe this figure has converted me to a 1/4 scale collector. Now that means the figures will be at least double the price of a 1/6 scale one. I really did not want to pay $400 plus for an action figure.

:gah:

Batman4.jpg

Is is possible to bend down the cowl to get the look down pose as in this picture? If not, easy pass.
C'mon :lol who you kidding? You dont wanna get it is evident, I mean easy pass based on 'the drop of a hat'... er cowl? :rotfl like you were ready to drop $450 or so based on ONLY if the cowl could bend?

A few quick ones..
[/IMG]
1copy.jpg

Awesome pic! I'm pretty much sold on this one.

Can I trouble you for a few measurements, Rory? If you get a chance, the dimension of the base, depth and width, and the overall height of the figure while on the base. Thanks!

Back