ENTERBAY 1:4 scale Terminator2 T800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No issue here.
1/6 is over. I'm selling what I have.
All about Enterbay 1/4 and SS PFs now.

Over the last two weeks, I've sold over half of my 1/6 collection. I'm all about EBs 1/4 and SS PFs now too :rock

I'm over HT...why pay extremely high prices for cheap plastic figures which will end up breaking every time you touch them? All that rerelease BS annoyed me too, they aren't even "limited edition" collectibles anymore :slap

I think HT will be alright. I'm interested to see what kind of pricing HT will offer, & what kind of pricing EB have for their future releases.

But can HT equal the quality and supreme sculpt of the EB T 800? Very tall order. EB has set a new standard, period. I can't believe HT is sitting still for this and will probably unleash all it's creative force to top him.
We all win in any case.
EB T 800 best collectible figure ever done- IMO.

I think HT will meet quality aside from real leather and things, maybe they don't support using things from animals?

It's more like they don't support using high quality materials :lol It seems to be, the cheaper the better with them at times.

That may be necessary at times, the best HT figures still only cost about half that of this EB T-800. Materials come with a price. Also, without knowing production numbers, HT may have to use the materials they do in order to get the quantities they need at certain cost and EB maybe made less T-800 and could afford all the leather they used.

That may be necessary at times, the best HT figures still only cost about half that of this EB T-800. Materials come with a price. Also, without knowing production numbers, HT may have to use the materials they do in order to get the quantities they need at certain cost and EB maybe made less T-800 and could afford all the leather they used.

I agree- EB is a small company that wanted maximum impact with the T 800, so they went all out. The result is spectacular. I don't see HT doing that....on the production scale they probably want.
Real leather just rocks...you smell the quality:lol

I will say this, I wish EB had lined the coat, the sleeve really cling to his arms.

Also, a couple shots of what could be. I will say though, even with a grey shirt, while you could add the Sideshow PF bandolier to the EB T-800, it's not in the same scale to the figure as the real ones to Arnie. The size of the grenades are perfect on the PF, but the EB figure is a bit taller and bulkier than that and they look a bit on the smaller side on the EB. It'd do in a pinch, but better for EB to offer something.

41.jpg

42.jpg

It's more like they don't support using high quality materials :lol It seems to be, the cheaper the better with them at times.

:exactly:

HT would never dream of doing a figure in whatever scale with real leather, metal accessories, high quality fabrics, etc. I bet if they tried a 1/4 T-800, it would be riddled with QC issues and the same price as the EB one.

The Terminator T-800 had metal tools and that was a year+ ago?
Also it was well discussed eons ago that leather in 1/6 scale does not hang natural enough to actually look good.
EB had plenty of QC issues themselves relative to how many figures they released
Only thing I am sure of and can state without sounding like an ass is that I am glad EB came out with this and has turned things around for themselves with this release by putting great effort in all the right places to win us collectors back. But more important that there is formidable rival in this market to keep HT honest and competitive

Unless you have this figure in hand you cannot appreciate it's greatness, many pics of it here are nice but right in front of you ..it's a whole other story. The combination of likeness, size and materials make it a museum piece.

Unless you have this figure in hand you cannot appreciate it's greatness, many pics of it here are nice but right in front of you ..it's a whole other story. The combination of likeness, size and materials make it a museum piece.

I would add to that, as sharp as all the clothes and accessories look, you have to experience their texture and weight, seeing is just a small part of it. Taking the T-800 coat off and seeing it fold and hang in your hands like a real coat would compared to 1/6 clothes that tend to seem starched and rigid, you really appreciate it.

Speaking of this though, it also raises though in the argument that HT wouldn't do these things.

Disagree, HT has already done similar things at 1/6, I can see it done in 1/4. I really think HT uses materials that they can get to work in their minds. Jack Sparrow has a real metal sword, Wolverine and the Predators have real metal blades. There's no denying EB poured a lot into this T-800, but I don't think we can really compare the level of product EB will turn out to HT, this is the first of the posable figures, they still have a ways to go and may not put so much effort into future ones as the premier one, and we've only seen HT's efforts in 1/6 figures, which, to date, seems to be at the same level or even a tad ahead of EB's 1/6.

I would add to that, as sharp as all the clothes and accessories look, you have to experience their texture and weight, seeing is just a small part of it. Taking the T-800 coat off and seeing it fold and hang in your hands like a real coat would compared to 1/6 clothes that tend to seem starched and rigid, you really appreciate it.

Speaking of this though, it also raises though in the argument that HT wouldn't do these things.

Disagree, HT has already done similar things at 1/6, I can see it done in 1/4. I really think HT uses materials that they can get to work in their minds. Jack Sparrow has a real metal sword, Wolverine and the Predators have real metal blades. There's no denying EB poured a lot into this T-800, but I don't think we can really compare the level of product EB will turn out to HT, this is the first of the posable figures, they still have a ways to go and may not put so much effort into future ones as the premier one, and we've only seen HT's efforts in 1/6 figures, which, to date, seems to be at the same level or even a tad ahead of EB's 1/6.

Agreed, I hope EB keeps up this quality on their 1/4- I think Bats will have metal batarangs, utility belt, possibly (inaccurate) leather cape. We'll see. They already stated Robocop made of metal(!!!) so high quality seems to be the goal of this line. I'm anxious to see their finished 1/6 MIB figures.
Agreed HT ahead in 1/6 scale. Sparrow proves that- a masterpiece hard to top IMO.:lecture

I will say this, I wish EB had lined the coat, the sleeve really cling to his arms.

Also, a couple shots of what could be. I will say though, even with a grey shirt, while you could add the Sideshow PF bandolier to the EB T-800, it's not in the same scale to the figure as the real ones to Arnie. The size of the grenades are perfect on the PF, but the EB figure is a bit taller and bulkier than that and they look a bit on the smaller side on the EB. It'd do in a pinch, but better for EB to offer something.

I have a feeling if they did the Cyberdyne look the damn grenades would be scaled down to be compatible with the M79. Likewise HT. And it would be annoying. They were made bigger in the film because they look cooler. I would never go back to the tiny little COOmodel grenades on my HT Cyberdyne kitbash.

so agree, i couldnt belive it when i first saw mine in the flesh (or plastic)

Am I glad I actually have this then ;)

:borg

Back