ENTERBAY 1:4 scale Terminator2 T800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something about the Hot Toy sculpt always seemed 'off' to me...Until this 1/4 piece came along, granted it was the best Arnie likeness on the market...But now this Enterbay piece is just stunning and blows everything else away!

I don't think theres any perfect T2 Arnie sculpt out there including this one.

I'd break it down like this though:

Best face - Enterbay
Best hair and overall head-shape - NECA
Best paint & finish - (could end up being) Hot Toys

It's pretty damning how Neca got something right which both HT and EB got wrong :lol :lol :lol

I agree 100% with that breakdown.

When it comes to matters of sculpting theres nothing damning about NECA doing something better - their sculptors are amazing - they just happen to be working for a low-end collectibles company and their work doesn't get to shine like it would at high-end because of crap, messy and unsubtle paint apps, rough textures and seams.

But anyway yeah I don't think Enterbay studied enough profile shots of Arnie in T2, the hair and headshape isn't quite right at that angle.

As for Hot Toys I remember the hair on the T2 figure was a big discussion point - eventually Maulfan put together a montage of mini-screengrabs of close-ups on Arnie's head showing how his hair looked a little different throughout the film. It was determined that the way HT did it was pretty accurate to some scenes. So it comes down to personal preferance. I prefer the length and puffiness that NECA sculpted. It matches the movie poster and probably how his hair was in the majority of the screentime better.

When it comes to matters of sculpting theres nothing damning about NECA doing something better - their sculptors are amazing - they just happen to be working for a low-end collectibles company and their work doesn't get to shine like it would at high-end because of crap, messy and unsubtle paint apps, rough textures and seams.

Yeah I actually agree - I guess I could have phrased myself differently. Such a shame about those great NECA sculpts buried under rubish paint

NECA FTW! :rotfl It still looks like a bad sculpt, even if it had better paint and texturing. It's NOT the Terminator.

1324d1254946947-necas-terminator-2-series-2-1minigun3.jpg

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I don't think theres any perfect T2 Arnie sculpt out there including this one.

I'd break it down like this though:

Best face - Enterbay
Best hair and overall head-shape - NECA
Best paint & finish - (could end up being) Hot Toys

Best face - Hot Toys/Enterbay
Best hair and overall head-shape - Hot Toys/Enterbay
Best paint & finish - Hot Toys

I agree with DiFabio.
The NECA version seems to read Arnie's head and face shape better.

None of this however makes me love my Hot Toys version any less as I still think it is king! :)

The best sculpt would be NECA's refine with the sculpt quality and paint of HT.

Enterbay has a really nice portrait and probably most accurrate, certainly best mix of accurracy and finish, but i do feel like there's a softness to it where HT was a bit more defined in features.

As has been said, everyone seems to get strengths in their Arnie portraits but no single portrait has had it all.

NECA FTW! :rotfl It still looks like a bad sculpt, even if it had better paint and texturing. It's NOT the Terminator.

1324d1254946947-necas-terminator-2-series-2-1minigun3.jpg

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Do you really think my benign mentioning of NECA warranted this kind of anti-NECA trolling? And I believe it was your idol/alter-ego Reaktwon who spoke against people posting bad pics of a product and then bashing it based on same.

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody's noticed that the zipper slider is on the wrong side of the jacket. Call youself Terminator fans, do you? :D I really like what I'm seeing at the moment, I really do - but, my experiences with Enterbay tells me that their final product is never quite as good as the prototypes. Same deal with the quality of the final product. Their Leon figure is a good recent example; bloodshot eyes and accessories that are poorly made and falling apart, etc. As nice as it looks in the pics so far, I'm going to wait till photos and reviews of the final product before I buy.

69464edegw1dlawctwbpyj.jpg

:lol I was only worried about the size of the zipper head, but now that you point it out, it is on the wrong side of the jacket. How could they get something like that wrong at this scale? :slap

Ok i am sold, when and where to PO this? Does it come with exclusive, where can I get an exclusive? I am new to enterbay, will SSC carry this?

Do you really think my mentioning of NECA warranted this kind of anti-NECA trolling?

Stop being so quick to call people trolls...I own the figures, that's why I don't see the Arnie sculpt like some do. The details of sculpts are a very subjective thing, and I just don't see it as much with the NECA figures. I certainly wouldn't compare them with the Enterbay or Hot Toys offerings.

I'm going to wait for the cheapest deal on this thing. Might even wait until in hand pics.

Call me a tight wad, but with this coming out next month or the month after I've gotta be.

Stop being so quick to call people trolls...I own the figures, that's why I don't see the Arnie sculpt like some do. The details of sculpts are a very subjective thing, and I just don't see it as much with the NECA figures. I certainly wouldn't compare them with the Enterbay or Hot Toys offerings.

You could do with following your own recommendation. You've been on about 'NECA trolls' quite a bit lately.

I'm not asking you to agree with my views, but show a bit more respect than immediately breaking out the :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: smilies and the worst possible pic of the NECA figure you can find.

Best face - Hot Toys/Enterbay
Best hair and overall head-shape - Hot Toys/Enterbay
Best paint & finish - Hot Toys

Well I don't know how you can think this is the case. Your refusal to acknowledge the NECA on even this most basic of things - where being high-end isn't even a requirement - is IMO sheer stubborness and toy snobbery. :dunno

Last edited:
Everyone take it easy, I see no trolling or qnything wrong going on here, just collectors discussing their thoughts on the various incarnations of T2 Arnold out there.

Back