Enterbay 24 Jack Bauer 1/6th Scale Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Enterbay to release Jack Bauer 24 figure

It'll be a 1/6 figure... and as far as I know there haven't been scale issues with other Enterbay figures.

probably, but which HT figures do you refer to? HT's scale is all over the place. some ok, some way huge. and some tiny.

I'm just starting out in 12". All I have right now is Bank Robber Joker and Dark Knight Batman, I plan on getting other Hot Toys figures. I want to display them together in detolfs and want them all to look uniform together (same scale, or damm close). I wanna buy both Jack Bauer and David Palmer. Can you blame me? Look at my avatar and sig?

:D

I wouldn't anticipate any problems displaying these all together... now if it were Medicom that'd be a different story.

Thanks. I don't plan on buying anything from Medicom. Just from Hot Toys and the 24 line from Enterbay.

I gott have Jack F'N Bauer!

I wouldn't anticipate any problems displaying these all together... now if it were Medicom that'd be a different story.

But, can you tell me what's really the problem with Medicom? I sometimes hear a lot of people complaining about them. Is it because Medicom doesn't scale their figures? The reason I'm asking, is because I've just started out as a 1/6 collector :lol, and I want to make sure that I'm buying from good companies.

I've just started out as a 1/6 collector :lol, and I want to make sure that I'm buying from good companies.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I have a nice collection of p.f.'s from Sideshow. But, I think as far as 12" figures go, I will stick with Hot Toys and now Enterbay as well.

But, can you tell me what's really the problem with Medicom? I sometimes hear a lot of people complaining about them. Is it because Medicom doesn't scale their figures? The reason I'm asking, is because I've just started out as a 1/6 collector :lol, and I want to make sure that I'm buying from good companies.

there are few draw backs with medicom:

1: generally smaller scale. this is something that all 1/6 company have problem with but medi seems to be making it more than others. Their RAH301 base is excellent but it is made for smaller person, that means noticeable shorter height and narrower shoulder. But it can work to their advantage as well when they make figure based on shorter actors in real life such as johnny Depp, luke skywalker. etc.

2: price vs value. Medis are import, and since they are japanese, the prices are high to begin with, and medi is notorious skimpy on accessories. (compare to others like HT and SSC)

3: sometimes questionable paint and HS. Medi generally have a cartoonish or some sort of anime influence with their HS, its not like the way HT or enterbay's approach, where they want to make their product as real as possible, medi is more on a different path, kinda like that's just their style of how they do things. And medi generally cast their head in the flesh color plastic and with very little paint, it doesn't show off how good (or bad) the sculpt is.

4: earlier figures have weak joints. A lot of people have complain their medi figure breaks too easily, (though I only experience that once, and the problem was solved in 2 minutes.) this seems more of a common problem with their earlier figures. The newer ones seem to have more durable construction.

That's about the gist of it. but seriously, medi has made many cool products. and IMHO, some of the best 1/6 ever produced. Get some and make up your own opinion. If you don't like them you can always sell them.:D

Man... I'll have to hold off my purchase of the Palmer figure. I wonder if Jack is also limited to 1500.

Edit: Can anyone tell me if Enterbay numbers their limited figures individually? Sure, the 24 figures will come with certificates of authenticity - but that really doesn't explain anything, as to whether the figures will be numbered.

I can confirm

Palmer is limited to 1500 but not numbered.

Bauer is unlimited not numbered

All Enterbay figs have certificates of authenticity

Enterbay's packaging is the dogs balls!!

eg Open up the Jet Li fig and he's on the throne!
jetli02.jpg

lol... that's my picture!.. i took the picture in office when i got him during lunch time:chew

In general Medicom figures have a small slender body, which is smaller across the board than other 1/6 figures. The Medicom price point is very high, though if you wait a few months on some of there items you can pick them up at sale price through vendors (which is what I usually do). I have quite a few Medicom figures that are in proper scale, i.e. Dragonball Z figures, Full Metal Alchemist. I collect Medicom because they are excellent in their representation of Anime and comic characters, though their real characters are borderline horrible.

I got this on order with breaker! thanks man you rock! i missed the last episode of 24 and am proberbly gonna be very confused with this weeks

Well, as it happens, I actually have two Metal Gear Solid figures from Medicom (Old Snake, and Raiden). In fact, those are the only 1/6 collectibles that I have so far :lol.

The price point for the figures were very expensive, just as you said. And the scaling between Raiden and Snake did seem a bit off (Raiden was a few inches taller than the Snake figure).

But, thanks so much for all the information, it was a great help! Overall, I still like Medicom, despite their flaws. If they ever produce any more Metal Gear figures, I'll buy them in a heartbeat (I'm just too much of a Metal Gear nutcase :( )

there are few draw backs with medicom:

1: generally smaller scale. this is something that all 1/6 company have problem with but medi seems to be making it more than others. Their RAH301 base is excellent but it is made for smaller person, that means noticeable shorter height and narrower shoulder. But it can work to their advantage as well when they make figure based on shorter actors in real life such as johnny Depp, luke skywalker. etc.

2: price vs value. Medis are import, and since they are japanese, the prices are high to begin with, and medi is notorious skimpy on accessories. (compare to others like HT and SSC)

3: sometimes questionable paint and HS. Medi generally have a cartoonish or some sort of anime influence with their HS, its not like the way HT or enterbay's approach, where they want to make their product as real as possible, medi is more on a different path, kinda like that's just their style of how they do things. And medi generally cast their head in the flesh color plastic and with very little paint, it doesn't show off how good (or bad) the sculpt is.

4: earlier figures have weak joints. A lot of people have complain their medi figure breaks too easily, (though I only experience that once, and the problem was solved in 2 minutes.) this seems more of a common problem with their earlier figures. The newer ones seem to have more durable construction.

That's about the gist of it. but seriously, medi has made many cool products. and IMHO, some of the best 1/6 ever produced. Get some and make up your own opinion. If you don't like them you can always sell them.:D

I haven't ordered mine yet, but I will be soon -- God willing.

Does anyone know of any good generic 1/6 accessories that might go well with a Bauer figure -- handguns, sniper rifles, automatic weapons, tactical gear, knives, etc. from the series?

I'm really hoping they follow Jack up with a Season 7 Tony Almeida. I'm not getting a Palmer yet ... but I may at some point down the road. I doubt it sells as well as the Bauer.

SnakeDoc

Does anyone know of any good generic 1/6 accessories that might go well with a Bauer figure -- handguns, sniper rifles, automatic weapons, tactical gear, knives, etc. from the series?
SnakeDoc

You could probably put almost any weapon in Bauers hands & it would look ok, but in the series (apart from the odd sniper rifle or smg) he mostly seems to keep things down to a minimum favouring a usp pistol, small flashlight & mono-scope and a mobile phone.

You could probably put almost any weapon in Bauers hands & it would look ok, but in the series (apart from the odd sniper rifle or smg) he mostly seems to keep things down to a minimum favouring a usp pistol, small flashlight & mono-scope and a mobile phone.

That's true. Bauer almost never uses heavy weapons, because he prefers to kill with his bare hands.

Actually, you might be surprised at the extensive list of weapons he's wielded over these 7 days.

https://24.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_used_by_Jack_Bauer

His personal sidearms have been the Sig Sauer P228/229 and the HK USP Compact -- both suppressed and otherwise. He's also been seen using several other handguns including the Walther PPK, SW99, several Berettas, and the Glock 19 and 20.

But he also uses quite a few submachine guns (including the AK-47, HK MP7A1, M4 A1 Carbine), large sniper rifles (particularly the HK MSG 90A1 in Season 2, and the ASW338LM in Season 7), shotguns (Mossberg 590, Remington 870), and various knives and other weapons (Microtech Halo, pick axe, hacksaw, riot baton, fire axe, etc.)

It'd be nice to get a 1/6 arsenal to accompany a Jack Bauer figure.

SnakeDoc

Back