Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some new pics. I just took them on my office desk, I couldn't spend too much time on it, but I was trying to go for that low light look that was a bit closer to GOD look. These are raw pics, nothing graded or touched up, single source daylight. One day when i Have time I will try and match the lighting from GOD. Too much to do, too little time!

First a couple more head comparison shots.
BL11.jpg

Bl10.jpg

hi Rorywan ...question, are those eyeballs on the right head original ? cause from looking at the pics, it looks like a two piece eyeball like the ones on the Hot Toys DX Bruce...even has the blood veins on the side..did you do a swap or the eyes are all original EB ?

thanks,
Rob

I didn't touch the eyes Rob, thats the way they came. In fact inhand I would say they look a little better than the DX Bruce. EB must have upgraded them, they catch the light like real eyes. But the original Beijing Expo head also has two piece eyeballs. But (mine anyway) didn't have any really noticible red veins on them whilst the regular HK version on the right does.
They majorly improve the sculpt, someone else posted their pics a few pages back with the same upgraded eyes, smaller pupils and more detail. Sorry can't remember who it was.

I think the action figure of Bruce Lee is better live than in the pictures posted on the forums! Believe me!

Yes I see it in that pic I was referring to a picture of the real Bruce :D
Fail :lol

Hey Larry ! I am following you like a hawk
I said I am watching you like a hawk ! Argh....
:chase

By the way, where is the best place to get this head now ? Bei, EB, eBay (geeeez... all these names are almost the same !!!) OR should we maybe wait till September and see what turns up in terms of improvements ?
Maybe you can get your BD head from EBei :D I'm thinking the same thing with waiting to see some improvements (if any) with future releases. Maybe by that time, they will improve it enough that I won't have to bother Rory :D

BTW, I tried purchasing a BD head directly from EB, but it was a no go.

Dammit :( a couple defects. Small paint rub on the battle damaged head, I tried to fix it myself and I think it looks ok

The thing that bugs me more is that there is a rubber scratch/ peel by his right elbow and a yellow spot

It's not as bad as some of the earlier pics but it's still pretty troublesome.

I don't know if I should just leave it be ir seek out replacements. I'll post pics and let you guys be the judge

Been distracted by the defects but otherwise it seems cool so fat

Send it back IMO - it's a short-term hassle, but I'd want a perfect figure for the money. When you have a perfect figure you'll be happy you went to the trouble I think :)

Dammit :( a couple defects. Small paint rub on the battle damaged head, I tried to fix it myself and I think it looks ok

The thing that bugs me more is that there is a rubber scratch/ peel by his right elbow and a yellow spot

It's not as bad as some of the earlier pics but it's still pretty troublesome.

I don't know if I should just leave it be ir seek out replacements. I'll post pics and let you guys be the judge

Been distracted by the defects but otherwise it seems cool so fat

Fix it yourself... I have fixed a couple of paint peels... (dont refer to older pics) I did the fixes last night and realised that diluted acrylics forms a pseudo rubbery coating mimicing skin itself... so if you can get the colour tone right (keeping in mind it will become slighlty darker when it dries... so compensate for that by going for even a lighter tone)
ALSO to fix my chin rub I finally hit on how EB managed to get their oh so well painted stubble and 5'0'clock shadow... dilute dark dark skin paints and dry brushing dilute lighter tone skin paint... (again compensate for darkening as it dries) now I got rid of my old darker looking stubble and replaced it with a more authentic looking one...

Fix it yourself... I have fixed a couple of paint peels... (dont refer to older pics) I did the fixes last night and realised that diluted acrylics forms a pseudo rubbery coating mimicing skin itself... so if you can get the colour tone right (keeping in mind it will become slighlty darker when it dries... so compensate for that by going for even a lighter tone)
ALSO to fix my chin rub I finally hit on how EB managed to get their oh so well painted stubble and 5'0'clock shadow... dilute dark dark skin paints and dry brushing dilute lighter tone skin paint... (again compensate for darkening as it dries) now I got rid of my old darker looking stubble and replaced it with a more authentic looking one...

...I forgot that Ray is all skilled up. You talented bastards.

...I forgot that Ray is all skilled up. You talented bastards.

You can do it too Lejuan... good thing about this figure is that although its head takes in very dilute paint quite well, its also not permanent... if you dont like what you see you can easily wipe off the paint with a slightly damp soft tissue and itll be the same without damaging the original paintwhich is sealed

The body is different, being skin coated it behaves almost waterproof and rejects dilute paints.. but if you keep them on for sometime and let them dry, the dilute paints behave like another layer of fine skin (and can be removed if you rub slightly harder and itll peel off as one piece without harming the MUCH thicker original skin coating) the difficulty is to keep mixing your paints to get the right tone... and its time consuming. As I like to keep my paints subtle for the skin tone it takes me a lot of time as I have to wait for each dilute wash to seep in those little abrasions in the sculpt and then wipe of the excess to make it uneven and then go with the next tone wash...
for the skin I used 4 washes of different tones (dark to light)
for the stubble I used 6 (added 2 darker washes before the same 4 skin ones)
for the body 3 light washes (light to dark because its difficult to replicate the body skin colour with a base dark paint as its more light and reflective) I used this paint to be like a protective layer on the neck as the headsculpts chins movement puts a lot of stress on the neck skin and thats where things start to peel faster...

would love some pics of your fix ups axe... without me saying you could not probably tell there was a rub on the nose, there is subtle yellower tones on the tips of the nose but what do you think?

the arm bugs me more...

picture13h.png

picture12is.png

picture11dn.png

picture9i.png

picture5rpi.png

its crazy i stay the hell away from using a flash most of the time but on or two of those really shows off the paint detailings in the sculpt

maybe i should just chill on the head... it looks OK I guess?? besides if i were to send it to EB or a replacement who knows what I'd get back anyway. It could be overall worse than what I have now.

and if i get a spare body this is the one i could just leave covered up i guess... but its kind of about the principal of the thing i think...

Back