Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are preparing the next set of reveal pics. Get ready to see the inside of the box and the instruction sheet !

Busy taking pictures of it's elbow or back pocket.

This is the new official joke about Enterbay. It used to be the 'to be released in 2024' thing and now, justifiably, its about the annoying ****ing teasers.

Teasers are not a problem, the content is, and I hope EB does more in the future but the likes of MIB or T2. Those licenses have shown off key details of the figures all along, with Rambo, EB seems to be hiding from letting people see the key parts. Unless maybe they're trying to patent something about the body with HT getting into 1/4 scale now.

BTW my second interview with him is out you can check it out here

Enterbay's Exclusive Interview Series with OSR chronicling their birth, trials, and resurgence continues. Presenting Part 2 of the Series. Get to know what really happened when Enterbay's quality dropped, QC problems happened and the cancellation of licenses. Plus Bill tells us about upcoming licenses and yes we asked the dreaded Rubber Batman suit question too. Read on...
https://onesixthrepublic.blogspot.com/2012/05/enterbay-story-behind-passion-part-2.html

"You recently showed a lot of teasers of the Men in Black figures, Rambo III, new Terminators, Batman figures, and recently even a Bruce Lee 1:4 figure as well as a 1:6 statue and figure's action face look. Your constant teasers and behind the scenes reveals have created a new resurgence of interest and fans continously look forward to what next they will see happening. Recently another well known company has started to go the 1:4 high quality articulated figure way. How do you feel about this new revitalisation of Enterbay as a company and a leader in taking the first step in something which has been uncharted territory for most.

This industry has been very traditional and boring, and afraid to be innovative. I believe this is because people are fear of failure and just stop and indulge in the existing secured model, there is no creativity. We have never been limited by those traditional rules in this industry, instead we have been very creative and have unique point of views. There has been different voices in respond, some are controversial, some are supportive. Some of the other companies often like our ideas and started to follow what we do, and this has proven the success of our approach. A recent example, as we launch the 1:4 the HD series, other companies saw our success and immediately follow. Some said maybe they want to proof that they could be better or they just enjoy competing with us. However I believe that they are just their to help us and the whole industry to make our HD series more acceptable and successful. Moreover, I think the way how we position ourselves is different from other companies, we do not try to make great looking toys, but we try to make a museum replica level collection figurine. We would never start a price war to be competitive, therefore we don't see a direct competition with other companies at all."

Thats the juicy stuff right there. Interesting to see what he had to say about the HT/EB competition. One can assume the 'other companies' he's referring to is pretty much just Hot Toys.

Well done on these interviews.

Today is Friday in Asia. The last weekday for Bill's "next week" promised release unless Enterbay will release prototype pics on a Saturday. :slap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"You recently showed a lot of teasers of the Men in Black figures, Rambo III, new Terminators, Batman figures, and recently even a Bruce Lee 1:4 figure as well as a 1:6 statue and figure's action face look. Your constant teasers and behind the scenes reveals have created a new resurgence of interest and fans continously look forward to what next they will see happening. Recently another well known company has started to go the 1:4 high quality articulated figure way. How do you feel about this new revitalisation of Enterbay as a company and a leader in taking the first step in something which has been uncharted territory for most.

This industry has been very traditional and boring, and afraid to be innovative. I believe this is because people are fear of failure and just stop and indulge in the existing secured model, there is no creativity. We have never been limited by those traditional rules in this industry, instead we have been very creative and have unique point of views. There has been different voices in respond, some are controversial, some are supportive. Some of the other companies often like our ideas and started to follow what we do, and this has proven the success of our approach. A recent example, as we launch the 1:4 the HD series, other companies saw our success and immediately follow. Some said maybe they want to proof that they could be better or they just enjoy competing with us. However I believe that they are just their to help us and the whole industry to make our HD series more acceptable and successful. Moreover, I think the way how we position ourselves is different from other companies, we do not try to make great looking toys, but we try to make a museum replica level collection figurine. We would never start a price war to be competitive, therefore we don't see a direct competition with other companies at all."

Thats the juicy stuff right there. Interesting to see what he had to say about the HT/EB competition. One can assume the 'other companies' he's referring to is pretty much just Hot Toys.

Well done on these interviews.

LOL "the industry has been traditional and boring". Good lord this guy is starting to remind me of Aubrey on the apprentice. :lol

Self entitlement = failure imo

He talks about "innovation" but has totally copied almost everything HT's has innovated thus far. Good lord. He sounds like he's his #1 fan.

Next he'll claim right to PERS :lol

Last edited:
My guess is he's just referring to "traditional and boring" with the likes of the same old licenses being rehased at the same scale and I can't say he's wrong. As for the PERS they'd have just as much a claim as the next guy going back to GI Joes. Hell even Triad toys had it before HT. If I'm not mistaken it went Triad, Enterbay and then HT in regards to the latest generation of 1/6 toy makers. I agree with your sentiment though. The guy does come off as a one that likes to blow his own pipe.

Sorry "moveable eyes" My bad, I wasn't referring to HT's (PERS) as the inventor of it. Just used it as a modern term/example.

No offense but the "same old" licenses, traditional and boring and then releasing your own mark but in a larger scale is hypocritical.

Someone needs to tell Bill to wipe his tears away and forget HT's even exists and get over it. He's producing killer product but sounds unprofessional everytime he's talks about his "competition"

Rule #1 in the sales world: Never bash your competition.

Someone needs to tell Bill to wipe his tears away and forget HT's even exists and get over it. He's producing killer product but sounds unprofessional everytime he's talks about his "competition"

Perhaps, but at least with Bill, it seems more comments and jabs when asked about something that presents an opportunity to do so, where HT's jabs are redundant, boring product releases that are quite obvious shots at EB.

I don't care if Bill's a complete a-hole if his company turns out fresh, good products. HT could be the nicest people on the planet and with the way they retaliate, it directly affects collectors.

LOL "the industry has been traditional and boring". Good lord this guy is starting to remind me of Aubrey on the apprentice. :lol

Self entitlement = failure imo

He talks about "innovation" but has totally copied almost everything HT's has innovated thus far. Good lord. He sounds like he's his #1 fan.

Next he'll claim right to PERS :lol

What has he copied from Hot Toys ?

I think Hot Toys are the high water mark now but Enterbay is definitely the one that pushed the entire industry forward with their original Bruce Lee line.

What has he copied from Hot Toys ?

Directly, nothing, but, EB has sort of been chasing after HT trying to reach their scale, and I think the comment is, EB should talk like they're pushing big envelopes in the industry and everyone else is sitting with their thumbs up their butts, EB is actually just coming around to where HT's been for years.

I don't care if Bill's a complete a-hole if his company turns out fresh, good products. HT could be the nicest people on the planet and with the way they retaliate, it directly affects collectors.

Same here. Sorry if I gave off the impression that i'd choose one over the other based on that. Just stating that he seems like an self entitled ******.

As for what he's copied, Sab. Look at their new wrist pegs and licenses. His criticism and product are one and the same thing.

Imo he should focus more on his lame ass teasers and speak less. After his lousy attempt at capturing Stallones likeness i'd say he's got a ways to go before he can claim himself the king.

Oh and I totally agree about your comment on his Lee figures. I've even said in th past that EB helped HT's improve their realism. (sculpt and paintwork)

Same here. Sorry if I gave off the impression that i'd choose one over the other based on that. Just stating that he seems like an self entitled ******.

As for what he's copied, Sab. Look at their new wrist pegs and licenses. His criticism and product are one and the same thing.

Imo he should focus more on his lame ass teasers and speak less. After his lousy attempt at capturing Stallones likeness i'd say he's got a ways to go before he can claim himself the king.

Oh and I totally agree about your comment on his Lee figures. I've even said in th past that EB helped HT's improve their realism. (sculpt and paintwork)

I guess its a fair point on the license 'copying' but I think he was referring more to production innovation than range of licenses.

Is the bar now so high that this Rambo3 is a 'lousy attempt' at a likeness?

As I stated before, an $85 1/6 figure (HT's attempt) and a $450 1/4 figure (EB's attempt) are two completely different things. $450 should deliver almost perfection. Close ain't good enough when you're claiming to deliver "museum pieces"

I obviously own their T-800. That piece was perfection and worth the $450 price tag.

Is the bar now so high that this Rambo3 is a 'lousy attempt' at a likeness?

I don't think it's that the bar is high, the bar EB's failed to clear on Rambo was set ages ago. Yes, the Rambo 3 portrait on the 1/6 HT figure isn't the most lifelike thing you could ever see, but, it captures the basic traits that define Stallone's face. EB's is a stunningling lifelike face but it misses on basic Stallone qualities.

I think it's hilarious how Ankit talks about Bill's teasers and how they've "created a new resurgence of interest ." Bull____, he's just pissing people off now.

bill stated that the full reveal would be here for rambo in a week...that was over a week ago now. do you guys think maybe all the backlash on sly's eyes has got EB making the fix and hence no full reveal?

Back