Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get that it looks toyish, but really, how else can you sculpt hair like this and not have it look toysih? And you could never use faux hair and get the right style, his hair went all over the place.

RAMBO_I_I_I.JPG

I think the 'gloss' of the black hair is done too much, that it looks toyish. The sculpting looks good, maybe lessen the gloss/shine on the hair to make it look closer to reality.

@ Maulfan: Did you order through Enterbay directly when you purchased your 1/4 T-800? If so, how is their Customer service?

No, I went with BBTS because I didn't have the money up front to buy. That's the downside with EB direct, you pay up front.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. I really would be upset with myself if I missed out on this one.

I think the 'gloss' of the black hair is done too much, that it looks toyish. The sculpting looks good, maybe lessen the gloss/shine on the hair to make it look closer to reality.

I have a feeling the gloss will just be a photo thing. Most of the T2 T-800 photos I saw early on had a shine to his skin that made him look like he was sweating. I was quite please when he showed up and he wasn't glossy at all.

Something about the materials the heads are cast in or the paints EB uses can have a glossy effect in certain photos. I'm sure that's why his skin looks glossy in the old phot and the hair not, and in the new one, skin not but hair glossy.

I don't think the in hand will be really glossy for either.

No, I went with BBTS because I didn't have the money up front to buy. That's the downside with EB direct, you pay up front.

Thanks. Ive been saving up for this guy since he was first announced, so I may just give it a shot and order from EB then.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. I really would be upset with myself if I missed out on this one.

I don't think you'll have to worry about missing out, there will be plenty of opportunitys to get this guy. Enterbays T-800 can still be purchased at a decent price.

I have a feeling the gloss will just be a photo thing. Most of the T2 T-800 photos I saw early on had a shine to his skin that made him look like he was sweating. I was quite please when he showed up and he wasn't glossy at all.

Something about the materials the heads are cast in or the paints EB uses can have a glossy effect in certain photos. I'm sure that's why his skin looks glossy in the old phot and the hair not, and in the new one, skin not but hair glossy.

Agreed. Photos can make even the best figures look bad.

Edit: Though I don't mind the glossy look with rambo, it sort of looks like he's sweating lol.

I'm thinking I'll go direct too, just to get him quickest.

Deal!:hi5:

Edit: Though I don't mind the glossy look with rambo, it sort of looks like he's sweating lol.

It'd actually be perfect for Rambo 2 and 3, but, they'd have to get the effect on his whole body, if his body's all matte and his face glossy, it'd look weird, but yeah, he was a shiny fellow in 2 and 3 :lol

It'd actually be perfect for Rambo 2 and 3, but, they'd have to get the effect on his whole body, if his body's all matte and his face glossy, it'd look weird, but yeah, he was a shiny fellow in 2 and 3 :lol

Yeah I didnt think about that. I can only imagine the QC issues they would have with that.:lol I just wish 1/4 parts were more readily available, so that way if he doesn't come with very many weapons you could just buy them seperately. I also want to somehow switch his black bandana with the red one.

^^ Yup, gloss applied on the skin/body is cool, as to make a 'sweating' effect, but I was talking about the hair. It looks too shiny, which is the reason people are calling it "toyish", and it may just be on photos.

I'm ready for this guy, just can't get 'em directly from Enterbay, as I prefer to get him from a local retailer.

I'm sure that's why his skin looks glossy in the old phot and the hair not, and in the new one, skin not but hair glossy.

I personally prefer the hair to be matte and the skin to be a little glossy. It wouldn't have made much sense for the T-800 to be covered in sweat, but Stallone? Yeah, kind of. Plus if done correctly, it gives him that extra element of realism. That's what blew me away about the first photo: it wasn't totally dead-on, but I was taken aback by how lifelike it was.

Eh, I'm sure it'll end up great either way; the T-800 seems slightly glossy in some photos as well, but it'll suit Rambo more. Like you said, his entire body would need a gloss coat, so that could pose some problems in the future... I guess we'll see how he turns out.

I'm thinking I'll go direct too, just to get him quickest.

So this is straight from their website, right?

Yeah I didnt think about that. I can only imagine the QC issues they would have with that.:lol I just wish 1/4 parts were more readily available, so that way if he doesn't come with very many weapons you could just buy them seperately. I also want to somehow switch his black bandana with the red one.

You can easily make your own. I bought bed sheets to cut up and make my own 1:1 scale bandana to go with the Budha necklace that came with the Rambo PF. I want to kind of have a little display of his things after that film, his knife, bandana, necklace. Just get some thin red fabric and cut one out. Plus, the more crude looking, the more authentic, the red bandana was ripped from Co's dress so it's not clean or even.

You can easily make your own. I bought bed sheets to cut up and make my own 1:1 scale bandana to go with the Budha necklace that came with the Rambo PF. I want to kind of have a little display of his things after that film, his knife, bandana, necklace. Just get some thin red fabric and cut one out. Plus, the more crude looking, the more authentic, the red bandana was ripped from Co's dress so it's not clean or even.

True. Though I'm not sure how id do it without destroying his hair. I guess ill just have to wait and see once I have him in-hand. That's a cool idea, Im atleast planning on picking up the Rambo III knife to have it displayed by him in the detolf.

The hair definitely looks like a seperate piece that was most-likely glued onto the head. You could probably remove it (exercising care, of course), replace the bandana, then glue the hair back on and no one would be the wiser. Even if the bandana comes in two parts, it's still doable.

True. Though I'm not sure how id do it without destroying his hair. I guess ill just have to wait and see once I have him in-hand. That's a cool idea, Im atleast planning on picking up the Rambo III knife to have it displayed by him in the detolf.

I have 1:1 replicas of all the knives, they're not all exact to the props, but close enough.

RAMBO9.jpg

The hair definitely looks like a seperate piece that was most-likely glued onto the head. You could probably remove it (exercising care, of course), replace the bandana, then glue the hair back on and no one would be the wiser. Even if the bandana comes in two parts, it's still doable.

Which makes me further wish they gave this figure posable eyes, his hair works great for that, it's already separate from the face anyway, it's not like his hairdo makes it a challenge to make any part of it removable for the feature.

Awesome!:clap Are those HCG?

First Blood and Rambo 4 are United Cutlery, Rambo 2 and 3 are Master Cutlery which was sold through HCG.

As far as displaying this figured, I'm buidling a lineup of 1/4 scale Rambos, I have a piece for 2 and 4, after this, I'll just need First Blood to represent the franchise, hoping for something from Sideshow since this is the 30th Anniversary of First Blood.

Back