Enterbay IP MAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only thing that i think is a bit off is the hairstyle, but maybe cuz its hard enough just to put "real" hair on?? other than that i think this is amazing!

So what are you seeing in this custom bro?

I'm seeing a figure that looks like Donnie Chen without looking like Donnie Chen; like a lifeless clone of Donnie. It's about as lifeless as EB's original Ip Man - the paint and hair haven't managed to bring any additional character to Donnie. I can see why people are digging it, but it's just not doing it for me :dunno

I'm seeing a figure that looks like Donnie Chen without looking like Donnie Chen; like a lifeless clone of Donnie. It's about as lifeless as EB's original Ip Man - the paint and hair haven't managed to bring any additional character to Donnie. I can see why people are digging it, but it's just not doing it for me :dunno

there's your problem right there. it's a figure of donnie yen. if you were expecting it to look like your mate donnie chen down the pub, it's probably not going to do it for you.

it is a lifeless clone though.... just like every 1/6 figure is a lifeless clone. EB have lost the plot coz lalla did a custom someone didn't like... i totally agree... EB you bad bad evil mother kanuckers.

there's your problem right there. it's a figure of donnie yen. if you were expecting it to look like your mate donnie chen down the pub, it's probably not going to do it for you.

it is a lifeless clone though.... just like every 1/6 figure is a lifeless clone. EB have lost the plot coz lalla did a custom someone didn't like... i totally agree... EB you bad bad evil mother kanuckers.

:lol yeh well, I'm feeling quite the idiot. Anyhoo, doesn't change my response to the figure. Doesn't look a bit like Donnie Brasco.

Figure looks good to me, don't know why people don't like the sculpt.

...although I hated Ip Man 2 so much I couldn't buy the figure.

Really? :cuckoo: Hmm well everyone has their own opinion.

For me, it's still the best Donnie Yen figure out there right now! Just dead-on :clap

Figure looks good to me, don't know why people don't like the sculpt.

...although I hated Ip Man 2 so much I couldn't buy the figure.

Wow really? That's a first. Never heard any negative critique of 1 or 2. :dunno

And since you didn't like 2 you opted bot to get the figure? That's pretty harsh. I mean if Batman or Spider Man fans were like that nobody would have any of those figures in their collections since half of those movies were awful :lol

Wow really? That's a first. Never heard any negative critique of 1 or 2. :dunno

You've never heard criticism of two? I think the main problem was the lines of the English actors. Apparently most of them (including the bad guy boxer) were forced to write their own dialogue on the spot because what was provided was broken 'engrish'....that and the fact a large part of the movie just ripped off Rocky 4 so blatantly.

But to each their own, I did like the first one.

And since you didn't like 2 you opted not to get the figure? That's pretty harsh. I mean if Batman or Spider Man fans were like that nobody would have any of those figures in their collections since half of those movies were awful :lol

Is that harsh? Maybe its just me. :lol
Bad installments of a franchise can ruin a character for me...except for Indiana Jones where I cope by pretending the 4th movie doesn't exist :rotfl

You've never heard criticism of two? I think the main problem was the lines of the English actors. Apparently most of them (including the bad guy boxer) were forced to write their own dialogue on the spot because what was provided was broken 'engrish'....that and the fact a large part of the movie just ripped off Rocky 4 so blatantly.

But to each their own, I did like the first one.

Is that harsh? Maybe its just me. :lol
Bad installments of a franchise can ruin a character for me...except for Indiana Jones where I cope by pretending the 4th movie doesn't exist :rotfl

It's funny you mention the Rocky 4 b/c that's EXACTLY what I said when I was watching it for the 1st time with my g/f when they all take on Twister at the end! I was like, "Here comes Apollo Creed getting ready to die in the ring" and boom that happened :lol

I agree that was cheesy and could have been done in a more original way, however it didn't ruin the movie for me. The story was pretty strong throughout and the fight sequences were done well enough throughout for me to overlook that.

When it comes to abominations like Rocky V, the early Batman's, later Super Man's, or all the Spidey's, they totally left me ruined :rotfl

Check this out!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfTTbAXki4&feature=player_embedded"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfTTbAXki4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Back