EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One has to admire those who have come into this thread acting all high and mighty when this matter does not effect them. If this were something which effected them directly, undoubtedly they would have a different tune to sing.

I dont know what to say... but this picture of a cat expresses my opinion.

funny-pictures-cat-asks-why-you-are-mocking-him.jpg

One has to admire those who have come into this thread acting all high and mighty when this matter does not effect them. If this were something which effected them directly, undoubtedly they would have a different tune to sing.

I agree.
I would never comment on how someone should not moan about costs in America, because basically I do not understand the Tax system of their State.
So now we can't get it from Sideshow we are left with companies like PLAY and Forbidden planet :sick Companies that do not give an allocation of how many Pre-orders they take for each item. I mean they will still have an item up for Pre-order when it sold out months ago, so it's a complete gamble on whether you get it or not. :banghead

Sorry Dusty, but you can't claim FedEx will have less damages.
I worked as a driver for three and half years for FedEX, and I will tell you now that all the boxes are crammed into upright cages, and they will try to get as many boxes as they can into them. FedEx carry almost anything and breakages unfortunately happen all the time when you have to load a cement mixer in with a statue. I'm not kidding

so,dinolast,why do you believe the warehouse is closing if not for less damages??

all the americans blame the governments for the taxes..i can understand this ,but we cannot change their decisions that easy...

You can always throw tea in Boston Harbor.

And thank you for your admiration, but no, if I lived in a country (or union of countries) that gouged the hell out of me every time I made or spent a dime, I would not have the gall to blame a company that can no longer afford to help me with that particular problem. I'd thank them for what they were able to do when they did it, and then I'd either lament the position my neighbors' politics have left me in, or I would actively seek to change the situation that weighed such an extreme financial burden on me.

And thank you for your admiration, but no, if I lived in a country (or union of countries) that gouged the hell out of me every time I made or spent a dime, I would not have the gall to blame a company that can no longer afford to help me with that particular problem. I'd thank them for what they were able to do when they did it, and then I'd either lament the position my neighbors' politics have left me in, or I would actively seek to change the situation that weighed such an extreme financial burden on me.

Your arrogance really does know no bounds.
I'm uncertain as to why you feel the need to make this political. This thread relates to a decision a company has recently made. Nothing more, nothing less.

guys,i sent an emal to ss asking if it's true..i also explained them why they should not procceed with this idea...hope i receive aan answer..if you have time,send them an email too..

I sent them a message when I cancelled some orders.

I urge anyone that cancels because of this to do the same, it probably won't change anything but at least they'll get the message about how unhappy we all are. :mad:

To make the EU customer to take on all the expenses of the shipping and handling, also to save on storage fees.

Precisely. This is simply a cost cutting exercise. Yes, EU collectors will receive goods faster than before, but at greater expense.
As for less damages, I find this to be unlikely. One can only surmise, by shipping each order individually, an increase would occur.

Whether collectors agree or not, this is something Sideshow have obviously thought through and feel necessary.
Some will continue to purchase direct regardless, whilst others will purchase via other means. I dare say some may even cease to purchase Sideshow products entirely.

where is dusty???yesterday he said that he will answer quickly...where is he???i talked with my lcs and told me that here in greece i will have to pay
40%-60% of the total price=statue price+shipping...i cant afford this..if ss confirms that,i am out guys..i hate this policy!!they are being paid so much money and they cannot afford a rent of a logistics company...they are hilarious..

where is dusty???yesterday he said that he will answer quickly...where is he???i talked with my lcs and told me that here in greece i will have to pay
40%-60% of the total price=statue price+shipping...i cant afford this..if ss confirms that,i am out guys..i hate this policy!!they are being paid so much money and they cannot afford a rent of a logistics company...they are hilarious..

Dusty is a lady :lecture

I canceled a bunch of stuff last night but i'm not completly done yet. There's still a few more to cancel but it can wait. As of now, i'm only getting stuff from SS that's excl. and are REALLY high on my want list.

oh,sorry dusty...:eek::eek::eek::eek:
guys i am too anxious about this...hope ss has considered about import fees...

Dusty is a lady :lecture

I canceled a bunch of stuff last night but i'm not completly done yet. There's still a few more to cancel but it can wait. As of now, i'm only getting stuff from SS that's excl. and are REALLY high on my want list.

I have loads on order and the only thing safe at the moment is the Vader 1:1 bust and that is only safe as it would cost me $250 to cancel it.

So like you the only orders they'll get from me is stuff REALLY high on my want list as well.

Back