EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please remember we can provide quotes for any in-stock items and any 'arriving' pre-order items right away. If your pre-order item is not on the way to our warehouse yet then we will not be able to provide a final ship price. We recommend receiving a ship quote before you cancel your order as in some cases we may not be able to reinstate it if you change your mind!

Also please note there was a clerical mistake in the new UK rate example appearing on our site last night. It has since been corrected and I have included it below as well. The person responsible was beaten with some file folders and placed in the corner of shame.

Quote from UK Warehouse:
SRP: $399.99
Freight: $25.89
Subtotal: $425.88
VAT @ 17.5%: $74.53
TOTAL: $500.41

Quote from US Warehouse (via FedEx)
Freight: $7.79:horror
Subtotal: $407.78
VAT @17.5%: $71.36
FedEx Service Fee: $10.00 (*estimated)
TOTAL: $489.14+ $25 Gift Card

Please remember we can provide quotes for any in-stock items and any 'arriving' pre-order items right away. If your pre-order item is not on the way to our warehouse yet then we will not be able to provide a final ship price. We recommend receiving a ship quote before you cancel your order as in some cases we may not be able to reinstate it if you change your mind!

Also please note there was a clerical mistake in the new UK rate example appearing on our site last night. It has since been corrected and I have included it below as well. The person responsible was beaten with some file folders and placed in the corner of shame.

Quote from UK Warehouse:
Freight: $25.89
Subtotal: $425.88
VAT @ 17.5%: $74.53
TOTAL: $500.41

Quote from US Warehouse (via FedEx)
Freight: $7.79:horror
Subtotal: $407.78
VAT @17.5%: $71.36
FedEx Service Fee: $10.00 (*estimated)
TOTAL: $489.14+ $25 Gift Card

Bloody hell that is cheap shipping!!! :horror I have to say well done, I don't think anyone could beat that shipping price! :)

Poor file folders though :monkey2 :lol

So Sideshow must be making money on S&H within US,because I paid $38.00 for my Samaritan shipped from CA to MA.

Now you are saying a product almost the same size and weight from US to Poland is only 8 bucks ?

Welcome SideShow new President:

bernard-madoff-portrait.jpg

So Sideshow must be making money on S&H within US,because I paid $38.00 for my Samaritan shipped from CA to MA.

Now you are saying a product almost the same size and weight from US to Poland is only 8 bucks ?

Welcome SideShow new President:

bernard-madoff-portrait.jpg

Dare I ask: who is that? :)

I'm curious as to how FedeX are able to offer such a ridiculously low price.
I am also a little concerned as to the quality of service provided for such a cost.

This $8 quote seems too good to be true - I'm just guessing, but it's most likely the result of a bulk shipping deal. It's not like you could take a package to fedex yourself and ship it to the UK for $8. This would also explain why it's so much cheaper than the UK than Ireland - it's based on how many packages, on average, are going to that destination. More packages on the boat to the UK, cheaper overall shipping. There would be no difference in customer service just because it's cheaper.:rolleyes:

All conjecture on my part of course - but you should all read the detailed information on the Sideshow site:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=8134

Last edited:
wouldn't the sticker price on the package actually be $18 if there is a $10 fee by Fed Ex on top of the $8? So its really $18.

There would be no difference in customer service just because it's cheaper.:rolleyes:

No need to roll ones eyes. My comment regarding quality of service was in relation to the courier service provided, not Sideshow's customer service.

i don't know how it matters the timing or the taxability of the transaction. If Fed Ex is collecting $18 their fee is $18. It doesn't matter if its called a admin fee or a delivery fee.

i don't know how it matters the timing or the taxability of the transaction. If Fed Ex is collecting $18 their fee is $18. It doesn't matter if its called a admin fee or a delivery fee.

It matters as they are two entirely different fees. The shipping fee will be charged at a predetermined rate and taken by Sideshow. The administration fee is a percentage of the amalgamated sums present on the invoice FedEx presents you the importer. Due to the variability of this fee, one cannot state the total fee to be $18.

I'm not following you. The $10 fee is charged to the recepient of the product in a seperate transaction? You don't pay the admin fee via your product charge from Sideshow? Is there a way around the $10?

If not, then the $10 fee is not different than any fee and the total charges Fed Ex charges should be considered the entire shipping fee.

But I may be looking at this wrong as I am in America.

I'm not following you. The $10 fee is charged to the recepient of the product in a seperate transaction? You don't pay the admin fee via your product charge from Sideshow?

Yes, it is a separate transaction. Upon shipping your order Sideshow will invoice you. Said invoice will only list product cost and shipping. This is payable to Sideshow. When the package arrives at the country of delivery, you the recipient will than receive an invoice from FedEx. This invoice will include importation fees, taxes and an administration charge.

ok I see now.

THAT DOES SUCK! Frankly, I wouldn't import product if that was the case. But I understand non American countries don't often make as cool stuff.

Back