EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't save anything, in some/most cases I get to pay more :banghead

What I (might) save on shipping, I pay extra in vat. I don't know why but on the invoices I've gotten the vat/sales tax has been set at 15%. But the danish customs charges 25%. And if the value (including shippingcost) is greater than $225 (and most of my orders are above that amount) they charges an extra tax of 12% :horror All in all a premium format figure will be a lot more expensive :banghead

Add to that that FedEx s*** at delivery here in Denmark. Untill now it has been GLS that delivered and if I wasn't home (which I normally isn't since I work during the timeframe in which they deliver) when they came around, they send a nice letter and could arrange for either a different date where I could be home or a differet place. FedEx however ............. they just keep trying day after day after day and after day before they give up and give me a call which I'm not always around to answer since they call during workhours. And they not flexibel! The call I got told me to either be home or have it delivered at my work the day after. No option of another deliveryday.

And about some of the Q's

"FedEx contacts you directly BY PHONE after the package clears customs. If they cannot reach you this way they will e-mail you. The package cannot be delivered until they have spoken with you."
Answer: no they didn't, they tried to deliver it several time before calling me.

"You can pay by phone or at the door"
Answer: No I didn't pay anything for the item I had delivered resently. FedEx here in Denmark charges you long after delivery. The bill comes from outside Denmark and it can take months for them.

This is gonna be so much expensive and so much more trouble for me that I'm gonna have to rethink all my pre-orders :(

I don't save anything, in some/most cases I get to pay more :banghead

What I (might) save on shipping, I pay extra in vat. I don't know why but on the invoices I've gotten the vat/sales tax has been set at 15%. But the danish customs charges 25%. And if the value (including shippingcost) is greater than $225 (and most of my orders are above that amount) they charges an extra tax of 12% :horror All in all a premium format figure will be a lot more expensive :banghead

Add to that that FedEx s*** at delivery here in Denmark. Untill now it has been GLS that delivered and if I wasn't home (which I normally isn't since I work during the timeframe in which they deliver) when they came around, they send a nice letter and could arrange for either a different date where I could be home or a differet place. FedEx however ............. they just keep trying day after day after day and after day before they give up and give me a call which I'm not always around to answer since they call during workhours. And they not flexibel! The call I got told me to either be home or have it delivered at my work the day after. No option of another deliveryday.

And about some of the Q's

"FedEx contacts you directly BY PHONE after the package clears customs. If they cannot reach you this way they will e-mail you. The package cannot be delivered until they have spoken with you."
Answer: no they didn't, they tried to deliver it several time before calling me.

"You can pay by phone or at the door"
Answer: No I didn't pay anything for the item I had delivered resently. FedEx here in Denmark charges you long after delivery. The bill comes from outside Denmark and it can take months for them.

This is gonna be so much expensive and so much more trouble for me that I'm gonna have to rethink all my pre-orders :(

why is that???i have not heard something like that before...is it only in denmark??

I don't like FedEx. IMO they are one of the worst couriers going. If I'm ordering from overseas and a store says they ship by FedEx I usually go elsewhere. After a few bad experiences with FedEx in the past I decided that they would never get any of my business again.

I will now have a wait and see attitude with this.
I guess I will know the full score when I get my Sandtrooper next year.

I got Wolverine cheaper elsewhere anyway so no big deal on cancelling that.

I will now have a wait and see attitude with this.
I guess I will know the full score when I get my Sandtrooper next year.

I got Wolverine cheaper elsewhere anyway so no big deal on cancelling that.

I'll know soon my Bowen Hulk should be shipping from them really soon.

I have been told that the new FedEx rates were not in place until this week, but if that collector would like to PM me his order number, I can look into it.

Will these new FedEx shipping rates affect Canada? I noticed the Admin fee is $10 for all orders. We pay much more than that for our brokerage fees which I am guessing is the same thing. It seems to vary on the value of the purchase but I have paid over $30 in brokerage fees for a single statue in the past.

i tried to order black spidey lsb,to see how much will be the shipping,and it's the same as it was...anyone has an idea why is that hapenning??

i tried to order black spidey lsb,to see how much will be the shipping,and it's the same as it was...anyone has an idea why is that hapenning??

Maybe they just haven't updated it yet and the new shipping rate will be on the final invoice.

I really hope these examples are accurate for you guys. I also hope that all those that canceled items before hearing from Sideshow, don't regret canceling now...

...now, can someone do something about the exchange rate for US dollars to Japanese Yen, so a Medicom figure that is 18000 Yen isn't over $200 US now, when it was only $149 just four years ago?

I really hope these examples are accurate for you guys. I also hope that all those that canceled items before hearing from Sideshow, don't regret canceling now...

I don't because import duties on the expensive items i cancelled would have added a lot more than i'm willing to pay even for SSC stuff. :(

jay,do the expensive items have higher import taxes than the cheaper???or is the same???i mean,10% for the cheap and 15% for the expensive,or both 10%???

jay,do the expensive items have higher import taxes than the cheaper???or is the same???i mean,10% for the cheap and 15% for the expensive,or both 10%???

It's the same something like 6% or 7% in the Uk i think.

It would seem Sideshow have yet to update their website accordingly. As Jay has said above, the correct shipping will be shown on your invoice.

If you wish to know prior to receiving your product invoice, I would contact EU customer services. Though it may not be possible until they have the dimensions of the packaging in-hand, I'm sure they'll be happy to supply you with an accurate sum.

Taxes are calculated according to your countries predetermined rate, therefor they will be identical no matter the item. Duties however, may vary depending on the product in question.

Back