Euro 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gerrard only stands out for club and country due being surrounded with mediocrity.

England have had their bit of luck with the Ukraine's goal not being given and normal service is about to be resumed.

And as long as Rooney and Welbeck come through without any injuries that's perfectly fine with me.

Clearly a Man Utd fan, I'm never interested in Man Utd supporters opions as 95% of them don't seem to live anywhere near Manchester, just want the glory which is starting to dry up. :wave

Gerrard was man of the match tonight and having a great euro 2012.
Milner usually a 7 or 8 out of 10 is having a shocker so far.
Parker, well, cant talk highly enough. Looks like he is broken but seems to just keep going.
We look pretty strong and organised and if Rooney can get fitter and young go up a notch, we have a chance to go far.

Also nice to see the manager get the substitutions right in a major tournament this time round.
Well done Roy :)

Do you want to see your country do well or not?

Maybe once, but years of embarassing performances in penalty shoot outs drained my enthusiasm and the ridiculous levels of hype and plastic patriotism that occurs each time they get to the finals of a major tournament is at this stage very grating.

I'd have more respect for them if they played nice football but it's so tedious that they don't deserve to win anything.

RagingBull,
I've supported United since the Ron Atkinson days and had a season ticket for most of the 90's before I had more family commitments.

The era is ending but that's been inevitable for a few years anyway....it's City's time now and good luck to them.

Last edited:
We beat England 1-0 Sunday, mark it down. Forza Italia!! Forza Azzurri!!

I feel we have a chance against Italy but we'll see. I know you can never write off the Italians in any tournament. There always been a strong team.

Just finished the England/Ukraine match.

What a joke of a non-goal that was. An absolute embarrassment.

This is what you get when you have the governing bodies of this great sport dragging their feet for years on goal line technology. :mad:

You'd think that the powers to be would have learned their lesson in 2010 World Cup quarterfinal match between England and Germany when the UK were clearly robbed of a goal.

But nooooooo! Someone needs to take a video clip of this and shove it down the throat of the UEFA head clown, Michel Platini. He's gone on the record against goal line technology.

That incident took place in the 61st minute. The context and the emotion of the game would have changed with the right call. There was plenty of time left for a potential game winner for Ukraine.

And don't give me that junk about the offsides call either prior to the non-goal. Bad offsides calls are part of the game made by human mistakes. But goal line calls can be corrected because the technology is there to support it. But it won't be implemented due to human stubborness.

Having gone on that rant, I hope England crushes Italy. :lol

By the way, nice way to close out the group stage France. The punishment for your poor performance is a match with Spain. :lol

Yeah there's such a big cry for goal line technology. I remember years ago watching the African Cup final which had come down to penalties. I can't remember the teams now but it finished 5-4 with the missed penalty which wasn't actually missed coming off the bar over the line & back out. What a way to lose a final.
Platini & Blater should seriously start needing to listening to what the players & fans want rather than being stuck up there own asses.
The fact that Bendtner got fined more for showing off a brand on his pants than the countrys who fans were making racist gestures show how dumb they are but anyways that's my rant :lol & back to what has been a great tournament so far :D

England have an excellent chance. Really, this looks to be the best game of the Quarter Finals IMO... Could go either way.

I wouldn't be suprised if this one goes all the way to penalties. I just hope Hart can be the hero:pray:

I bet France are kicking there selves getting Spain. Reminds me of Englang blowing 1st place in there group at the World Cup & getting Germany. This won't be an easy game for Spain though, there not looking as leathal as they normally do.

Back