Euro 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me, Irish fans have not. :lol My buddy at work is an Irishman and he talks about it daily. :lol

What maybe pissed us off the most is that we dominated that game despite having very low expectations going in. Unlike our Euro 2012 performance we genuinely deserved the win or at least for that match to go to penalities. One ****up refereeing decision and we were left behind for the World Cup. France ended up wasting the spot by having a $h!t tournament. Some in Ireland were happy about that. I wasn't. I thought even Ireland could have done better. Although, after seeing us at these Euros I'm no longer sure about that.

Sport can be so cruel :lol It's funny how we get so passionate & taken in by it all. It still haunts me seeing my team Arsenal losing to Galatasaray on Pens in the UEFA Cup final & the Champuons League final against Barca was the worst for me, we were so close, leading for over 80 minutes & then disaster struck we conceded two goals in a matter of 5 or so minutes :monkey2 I can't moan to much though because I have seen them win quite a few trophies in my time. England on the other hand :wave

What maybe pissed us off the most is that we dominated that game despite having very low expectations going in. Unlike our Euro 2012 performance we genuinely deserved the win or at least for that match to go to penalities. One ****up refereeing decision and we were left behind for the World Cup. France ended up wasting the spot by having a $h!t tournament. Some in Ireland were happy about that. I wasn't. I thought even Ireland could have done better. Although, after seeing us at these Euros I'm no longer sure about that.

I watched it and remember. At that point the Irish should have been up 2-0 or 3-0 if not for some point blank sitters that were missed.

And yeah, the French were a total embarassment at the last WC... Of course that doesn't make up for the fact that they never should have been there in the first place.

Just finished the England/Ukraine match.

What a joke of a non-goal that was. An absolute embarrassment.

This is what you get when you have the governing bodies of this great sport dragging their feet for years on goal line technology. :mad:

You'd think that the powers to be would have learned their lesson in 2010 World Cup quarterfinal match between England and Germany when the UK were clearly robbed of a goal.

But nooooooo! Someone needs to take a video clip of this and shove it down the throat of the UEFA head clown, Michel Platini. He's gone on the record against goal line technology.

That incident took place in the 61st minute. The context and the emotion of the game would have changed with the right call. There was plenty of time left for a potential game winner for Ukraine.

And don't give me that junk about the offsides call either prior to the non-goal. Bad offsides calls are part of the game made by human mistakes. But goal line calls can be corrected because the technology is there to support it. But it won't be implemented due to human stubborness.

Having gone on that rant, I hope England crushes Italy. :lol

By the way, nice way to close out the group stage France. The punishment for your poor performance is a match with Spain. :lol

Im not defending it but to be fair, the lino got it wrong as it was offside during the build up.
Poor poor decision tho. Blater has stated if there is an incident like this, they would bring in goal line tech and its going to a vote on july 2nd.
Pratini still wants dumb officials!!
I just wished it happened against france.
and how you can have 2 of the most powerful men running football from the same country is beyond me.
1 from Europe, 1 from South America.

I think we can do the italians Sunday but that will probably be the end of the road.

Come On England!!!

My money's on Portugal tonight. A Spain - Portugal Semi sounds tasty. I was listening to TalkSport today & they were asking listeners if England can win the Euro's. I dont think one person said yes. Come were have all the deluded England fans gone? :lol
I have a feeling were going out on Pens against Italy, that game has nil-nil written all over it.

Im not defending it but to be fair, the lino got it wrong as it was offside during the build up.

No, I wasn't referring to you. My talking point about the offsides was targeted at the Espn clown Alexi Lalas who made a big deal about it. The bottom line is bad offsides mistakes happen in every match. It's the nature of the human element that will always be there. The point is it did happen and they played through it. But we have the technology to correct bad misses on the goal line.

Now to today's match.....Czech Republic vs. Portugal.

This is my least anticipated quarterfinal match. I do hope Portugal moves on.

Wow, Portugal had so many chances throughout the match. It would have been a gutbuster if they had lost somehow.

Beautiful header by Ronaldo. I'm glad they moved on. :yess:

I have a feeling England may go all the way. Usually I'm not too patriotic but there's something about this England team at the mo.

you may be right .......i think the word is jammy......might as well ride there luck and see where it takes them

My most anticipated game of the quarterfinals, Germany vs. Greece.

I'm hoping for a Greece miracle. :pray:

Would love to see the Germans get knocked out. I don't see it happening though. :(

No Greece are so boring (yeah I know England are too) but Germany are so good to watch. Expect Greece to park the bus tonight

Cant see it happening but would love to see greece stick it to the germans more for political reasons then sporting

Back