Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to apple today. They replaced my phone due to dead pixels and they had black bumpers in stock! :rock

Went to apple today. They replaced my phone due to dead pixels and they had black bumpers in stock! :rock

Black bumper FTW!

I never thought I would like it at $29, but it sure fits the phone nicely without distracting from the thinness and look/feel.

Black bumper FTW!

I never thought I would like it at $29, but it sure fits the phone nicely without distracting from the thinness and look/feel.

Yeah I like it a lot. My only gripe is the volume buttons wiggle a bit. Just a minor thing. I really want that yellow vapor bumper. But $80 is out of my price range for a phone accessory. LOL!

One thing to note. It's interesting that when they give you a new replacement they have it in a special black box thats all sealed with foam padding and stuff. Also my home button seems a lot stiffer and better for some reason. Everyone knows how important it is to have a stiff one. ;)

Have you guys have tryed a new game called "Archetype"?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/-iOVJ-7T93U&hl=es_ES&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/-iOVJ-7T93U&hl=es_ES&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Awesome online FPS! cant stop playing.

ooooh, the newest phone which is the greatest thing ever....for the next 3 months until the next greatest thing ever comes out. Anyone who pays to upgrade their phone all the time is crazy. Free upgrades are one thing, but not that these phones pretty much already do everything why in the world do people care about the latest and greatest every other month?

it's a phone......

Yeah I like it a lot. My only gripe is the volume buttons wiggle a bit. Just a minor thing. I really want that yellow vapor bumper. But $80 is out of my price range for a phone accessory. LOL!

One thing to note. It's interesting that when they give you a new replacement they have it in a special black box thats all sealed with foam padding and stuff. Also my home button seems a lot stiffer and better for some reason. Everyone knows how important it is to have a stiff one. ;)

$80...holy cow!

Yeah, limp ones don't get you too far! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

ooooh, the newest phone which is the greatest thing ever....for the next 3 months until the next greatest thing ever comes out. Anyone who pays to upgrade their phone all the time is crazy. Free upgrades are one thing, but not that these phones pretty much already do everything why in the world do people care about the latest and greatest every other month?

it's a phone......

More than a phone, and that's why I upgraded early.

The photo and video of this phone are FAR better than what I had in the 3GS. Also, I just had a newborn kid and wasn't going in with a P&S camera AND an HD video camera.

One device that has those things and does them VERY well is worth it, imo.

it's a phone......

It's no different then buying statues or the new hot games that won't be played in 3 months. Don't be an ass. :lol

And FYI, they only come out once a year. ;)

Wait, what's are "dead pixels" and how do you know if your phone has it?! :confused:

Are you serious? Dead pixels are just that. They are dead. The best way to tell if you have them is throw up an all black or all white screen and inspect the phone very carefully. If you have black dots (very very small) they are dead. White can be stuck but most likely dead. Sometimes you can have green red or blue and those are most likely stuck and not dead.

You can have them on anything with LCD to include monitors, phones, tv's, cameras, and anything else like that. Plasma tv's can also get dead pixels. Google it man! :lol

it's a phone......

Well, if you are in this board then you share this mentality. I am pretty sure that you have more than one Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader or whatever character you collect.

Yet if Hot Toys where to announce a Star Wars line most of us would buy all the characters all over again. Why? Because we want the latest, better, improved version.

Same with cellular phones, computers, video games consoles. Same reason why we are buying our DVD collection all over again in Blu-Ray and will do it again when the next big thing comes out. Because we want the best there is at the moment.

Luis

It's no different then buying statues or the new hot games that won't be played in 3 months. Don't be an ass. :lol

And FYI, they only come out once a year. ;)

Phones already have voice, texting, interwebz as fast speed, apps that do everything, cameras, video......what else do you need? Oooooooooh, but this phone takes pics in slightly higher res that last years top model. I mean really, at what point do you say "my current phone can already do my taxes for me" and pass on the next one.

I would always take a free upgrade so that's not my beef, but paying every year for the "new hotness" that doesn't really do much more than last years? Ghey!

Well, if you are in this board then you share this mentality. I am pretty sure that you have more than one Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader or whatever character you collect.

Yet if Hot Toys where to announce a Star Wars line most of us would buy all the characters all over again. Why? Because we want the latest, better, improved version.

Same with cellular phones, computers, video games consoles. Same reason why we are buying our DVD collection all over again in Blu-Ray and will do it again when the next big thing comes out. Because we want the best there is at the moment.

Luis

Dvd was a solid format for YEARS before BR came along. Same with most game consoles.

I agree that things upgrade and I have paid for newer and better, but I would not shell out $200-$400 every year on a new phone when the current ones already do everything under the sun.

Dvd was a solid format for YEARS before BR came along. Same with most game consoles.

I agree that things upgrade and I have paid for newer and better, but I would not shell out $200-$400 every year on a new phone when the current ones already do everything under the sun.

Well, everytime a new iPhone has comed out I have sold mine for more than what the newer one is worth so I end up making about $50 profit and have the newest iPhone to boot.

Luis

Last time I checked the 3GS didn't do HD vid.

Last time I checked the 3GS didn't do HD vid.

Well, I don't film anything so HD video would mean nothing to me. I guess I just don't see the obsession with this stuff that some do. To each their own.

Phones already have voice, texting, interwebz as fast speed, apps that do everything, cameras, video......what else do you need? Oooooooooh, but this phone takes pics in slightly higher res that last years top model. I mean really, at what point do you say "my current phone can already do my taxes for me" and pass on the next one.

I would always take a free upgrade so that's not my beef, but paying every year for the "new hotness" that doesn't really do much more than last years? Ghey!

Ohhhhh well I certainly wouldn't pay $699 to upgrade early either. LOL! I think most of the people here were able to upgrade early thank's to apple.

Back