Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Driving to work this morning I couldn't believe how huge the lines were for the iPhone. I'll order mine from the internet and will probably get the white one for a change since everything I get is black.

Playing around with it, Siri is sweet, but the camera isn't that big of a difference. You won't be able to tell to the naked eye. Now the video cam I haven't uploaded yet to my computer to see the quality. Hopefully that will be a big difference.

I have to disagree big time with your assessment of the camera. It is a huge difference in two ways. First in low level light it is way clearer and the colors are more accurate. Way less blue hue effect even with the flash. Also the contrast is far superior. The camera is a big upgrade.

I love how everyone is still calling next year's iPhone, the iPhone 5 :lol

Unless Apple decides throw counting out the window, it'll be called the iPhone 6 (1. iPhone, 2. 3G, 3. 3GS, 4. 4, 5. 4S, 6. 2012 iPhone).

It's a marketing name, not a version counter. Much the same way that the version number of Windows 7 is really 6.1.

I don't think so...I mean, the 3s in "3G" and "3GS" didn't have anything to do with what number iPhone they were, yet they still called the last one "iPhone 4" because it was the fourth iPhone.

Plus a common theory behind the 3GS is that is was made just so the numbering could be brought back in line so they could call the next one "iPhone 4". If they didn't release the 3GS, they would've had to call it the "iPhone 3", which would just be plain confusing.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain next year's phone won't be called "iPhone 5". And I'll be buying it no matter what they call it :lol

So has anyone else upgraded from an iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4S? I'm kind of on the fence about keeping it.

If one wouldn't have fell on my lap so to speak, I probably woulnt have upgraded. That said it is the best iPhone on the market right now. I just took a comparison pic with the camera and will post soon. I clearly see a difference. The 1080p I haven't tried yet.

no it's not....it's not that big of a difference....sorry

Taken in low level light. None have been edited or enhanced. I'm sorry but if you can't see a big difference between the two that's on you. Look at the detail and color variations. Again this is a simple test. I would imagine outside in better light the difference is even greater.

iPhone 4

photo-2-2.jpg

iPhone 4s

photo-8.jpg

Pretty good comparison. I'd be curious to see more! First off, cute dog :)

It seems like there's a LITTLE less noise, and they may have bumped
Up the saturation. Clear pic tho! And I'm blown away that a phone can now actually achieve DOF! 2.8/f is crazy for a camera phone...

Pretty good comparison. I'd be curious to see more! First off, cute dog :)

It seems like there's a LITTLE less noise, and they may have bumped
Up the saturation. Clear pic tho! And I'm blown away that a phone can now actually achieve DOF! 2.8/f is crazy for a camera phone...

Thanks! I wanted to compare them both in one of the worst lighting conditions. Sometime today I will take them outside and compare with ideal lighting.

AT&T has worldwide service on the IPhone as far as I know. Do you have someone else Mark?
Yes I know but have you ever looked at rates especially data rates?

You can get prepaid cards for pretty good price for some minutes, texts and data. I remeber last year I could have got like 200 min, 1000 txt and 1 gb data for like 70-80 in Europe but they don't have micro sim and iPhone was locked. Being able to use phone gps/maps , search Internet would have been nice last year. Next time I want to have that ability.

Back