Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should be of concern to Apple that their new iPhone is being constructed by tired and angry students who were placed into forced labor with meager salaries. There might be a lot of recalls.

My wife andi got our first iPhones 2 years ago..the 4gs. How much of a pain will it be to transfer everything over. Is it as simple/dull as plugging each phone into our MacBook and redownloading movies, music, games, contacts, pics, etc. orcan we do a straight transfer of everything from one phone to another? Or when we register the new phone might e erything automatically download? :gah:

My wife andi got our first iPhones 2 years ago..the 4gs. How much of a pain will it be to transfer everything over. Is it as simple/dull as plugging each phone into our MacBook and redownloading movies, music, games, contacts, pics, etc. orcan we do a straight transfer of everything from one phone to another? Or when we register the new phone might e erything automatically download? :gah:

I believe you mean the iPhone 3GS. If you signed up for an iCloud account, then all your apps, contacts, and SMS messages should be redownloaded when you login to your iTunes/iCloud account when setting up your new phone. Otherwise, back up the phones in iTunes, and then restore the backup when syncing your phones for the first time.

I believe you mean the iPhone 3GS. If you signed up for an iCloud account, then all your apps, contacts, and SMS messages should be redownloaded when you login to your iTunes/iCloud account when setting up your new phone. Otherwise, back up the phones in iTunes, and then restore the backup when syncing your phones for the first time.

Yeah everything seems to be on the cloud. Gotta see what this new 5 will cost through Verizon since we are due for upgrade.

Yeah everything seems to be on the cloud. Gotta see what this new 5 will cost through Verizon since we are due for upgrade.

If you're eligible for the full upgrade, the price will be $199 for the 16GB and $299 for the 32GB with a 2-year contract. Apple prices are tightly controlled across carriers. I would also make sure to back up on iTunes first as well.

I assume you've been backing up your iPhones on your PC through iTunes as well? Regardless, it's pretty easy:

With old/current iPhone:
1) Open iTunes
2) Plug in your iPhone to the PC via USB
3) Backup your iPhone
4) Remove from PC once complete

Then, take new iPhone:
1) Plug new iPhone into PC
2) Select "Restore From Backup" and choose the last backup on your previous phone
3) Follow onscreen instructions from there

That's it. It may take some time (especially if you haven't backed up in a while) but once the process is complete the new iPhone will have EVERYTHING: photos, apps,music, videos, contacts, texts... it'll even carry over your screen passcodes.

I assume you've been backing up your iPhones on your PC through iTunes as well? Regardless, it's pretty easy:

With old/current iPhone:
1) Open iTunes
2) Plug in your iPhone to the PC via USB
3) Backup your iPhone
4) Remove from PC once complete

Then, take new iPhone:
1) Plug new iPhone into PC
2) Select "Restore From Backup" and choose the last backup on your previous phone
3) Follow onscreen instructions from there

That's it. It may take some time (especially if you haven't backed up in a while) but once the process is complete the new iPhone will have EVERYTHING: photos, apps,music, videos, contacts, texts... it'll even carry over your screen passcodes.

I figured it would be as easy as that. Just wanted to double check.

Interesting updates. This will be a true test to see if they continue to sell like crazy. I'm guessing they will.

They sell record numbers with every new one. What are the other updates for those who can't access?

Seems like they "improved" everything. Nothing earth shattering.

Bigger Screen
8MP picture
HD Facetime (no longer need wifi)
Panoramic picture mode
A6 processor
Improved Siri (She can now post on facebook)
Black and White choices and same price points
New headphones and dock connector
LTE

Back