Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Apple is more evolutionary than revolutionary now. It's been a while since they put out something truly extraordinary and innovative.

That being said the iPhone 5 will be mine.

Well Apple is more evolutionary than revolutionary now. It's been a while since they put out something truly extraordinary and innovative.

That being said the iPhone 5 will be mine.

Yeah, it's always the 1st generation of the product that revolutionizes and changes the game. iPod, iPhone, iPad... it's always been that way.

I don't know what some people were expecting... actual phasers? A camera that shoots 3D smellivision video? This is a no-brainer upgrade for those who have the 3GS or regular 4. It's even a good bump in specs and function from the 4S.

I saw a couple of the usages jumped from 8hrs to 10hrs, I believe. It's not just Standby, though the 12% bump there is also indicative of an improved battery.

Yeah, it's always the 1st generation of the product that revolutionizes and changes the game. iPod, iPhone, iPad... it's always been that way.

I don't know what some people were expecting... actual phasers? A camera that shoots 3D smellivision video? This is a no-brainer upgrade for those who have the 3GS or regular 4. It's even a good bump in specs and function from the 4S.

I think doing something like the high pixel density of the screen is a pretty good feature, it's more creative than just improving the processor. They really need those kinds of features to get ahead, they can't actually compete with just improving the hardware specs, Android phones update much faster and are easily able to beat them at that.

2hrs additional data on 3G and 1hr additional on WiFi, that's it. :(

Standby has never been the issue, though, at least with me. It's everything else that sucks the battery dead. I've had to exchange my past 3 phones before the warranty expired because the battery wouldn't hold charge past 2 hours of use (yeah, I use my phone a lot :lol).

I am not impressed and have not missed my iphone really. The only things I missed was how easy it was to sync music with itunes and being able to use XM Skydock. I dont miss crappy apple store service, I dont miss being locked down as far as storage, I dont miss having to pay for apps that are free on andriod(thanks iphone users for paying for the development). I definitely am happy not to have to replace all my accessories.

My Razr Maxx gets around 25hours usage time and close to 400 hours stand by on a single charge. I'm due for an upgrade but just don't know if I could give up that big a difference.

Ordering two 64GB here too. One black for me and a white for the wife.

As for the competition, there is nothing as polished as the iPhone. I have tried all of the iPhone wannabes are they all are lacking and just feel cheap, even compared to the iPhone 4.

This can't be right. Says AT&T customers that bought the 4S on launch date won't be able to upgrade till May 2013. GTFOH AT&T. In past releases they have waived the early upgrade.

https://mashable.com/2012/09/12/iphone-5-upgrade-eligibility/

Yep. My wife can get an upgrade. To be honest she deserves it more than me anyways. She's using my old 4 and I have the 4s. My status says I can't upgrade until May.

It looks like AT&T is the most lenient.

Last edited:
I never understood why the iPhone was given special treatment as far as contact. Its always been my understanding they make the least $ on the iPhone hardware and at this point with almost everyone owning a smart phone they aren't getting extra money in monthly fees.

Well this is a huge blow for me. I have a new car that has a specific ipod/iphone adapter to hook it up to the stereo. If this is true then this is a major bummer.

The ugly: ...In order to ensure older accessories continue to function...it has focused on its bottom line far more than on the convenience of consumers. ... Just look at the prices of these things. ... The Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m) costs $39. ... Apple could quite happily have dropped its margins...to ensure these crummy little interconnects weren’t quite so expensive. ... It would also have been rather nice if Apple had mentioned these things don't support video and "iPod out". People purchasing an iPhone 5 will not be at all happy.

I don't understand the big deal about the cable thing. If you've got more than one Apple device you've already got the cable that came with it. Why would this one have to be the same? Everything I own is charged with the cable it comes with. Is there some sort of underground movement to only have one cable charge everything?

Back