EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
458298662_2739394256224035_478162077597789193_n.jpg

I thought the sculpt looked a lot stronger in the con photos, but I think that's just further proof that whoever is taking these product pics isn't doing a good enough job showing it off.

20240801_122457_1.jpg

Last edited:
Gates could not have been an easy sculpt to pull off. She has very angular features and sharp cheekbones that could translate to masculine features if not done right. The paint will be crucial to soften these features and capture her true likeness. There are a lot of good things going on in this sculpt.
The hair, however, is another matter. The photo of her and Geordi should never have been used to promote this figure. It is a shame that all the hard work that has been done to bring these figures to market are somewhat undone by the photography.
Would tilting the head down have closed that gap and made her hairline fall closer to her shoulders? I did order the version with the lab coat as it certainly will help. Hopefully, she gets a few adjustments as it really does have a lot to recommend it.

I like the figure I've ordered her, and I think she looks fine. That said depending on how she looks in hand, I think I may get her rooted. I've been thinking about getting a few of the Trek ladies rooted, and possibly repainted.

I guess I’m the only one who thinks she looks great!
From the onset of her debut at STLV I thought the sculpt and facial detail is the best work we’ve seen on a female character aside from Saavik.

The picture below (with your nicely added bridge background) successfully delivers on likeness and presents the troublesome hairstyle that EXO had to deal with in a very positive light. This is a welcome addition to the TNG line IMO.

1725414476218.jpeg

Gates could not have been an easy sculpt to pull off. She has very angular features and sharp cheekbones that could translate to masculine features if not done right. The paint will be crucial to soften these features and capture her true likeness. There are a lot of good things going on in this sculpt.
The hair, however, is another matter. The photo of her and Geordi should never have been used to promote this figure. It is a shame that all the hard work that has been done to bring these figures to market are somewhat undone by the photography.
Would tilting the head down have closed that gap and made her hairline fall closer to her shoulders? I did order the version with the lab coat as it certainly will help. Hopefully, she gets a few adjustments as it really does have a lot to recommend it.
I agree that it is an unfaltering picture but I do appreciate seeing all views of this figure put out on display, I consider that honest marketing. At least anyone who is putting money down on this will know exactly what to expect.

I like the figure I've ordered her, and I think she looks fine. That said depending on how she looks in hand, I think I may get her rooted. I've been thinking about getting a few of the Trek ladies rooted, and possibly repainted.
I’d like to get Janeway repainted and rooted hair. One day I might consider sending a couple sculpts in if I can find the right artist.

Screenshot_20240904-075518.png

Looks like we've got a Trio answer in what clothing. Basically not the uniform. Though I hope there's a uniform version option!
Really excited for Guinan! She was my favourite character as a kid for years.

A custom repaint will definitely make a difference (though I’ve liked everything put out on TNG thus far). Out of curiosity who would be your go to for that service?

A custom repaint will definitely make a difference (though I’ve liked everything put out on TNG thus far). Out of curiosity who would be your go to for that service?
I have no clue at this point. I do know people who get theirs rooted and repainted quite often. I’ll probably go with people they recommend.

Back