Fear The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is going to be a series. It has already been approved for TWO seasons. The first season is going to be 6 episodes (just like TWD was). Second season will probably be closer to the 16 episode format.

The show is completely separate from TWD. It takes place at the early stages of the outbreak. At some point , they will do a time jump (maybe after S2?) to catch up to the same point in time as TWD.

Re: Another Walking Dead Show Confirmed

So, is this show going to be separate from the Fear of the Dead one, or are they one in the same?

Not sure what that is. This is TWD spin off series that had the unofficial title TWD: Los Angeles. The official title was released last week, which is Fear The Walking Dead.

Not sure what that is. This is TWD spin off series that had the unofficial title TWD: Los Angeles. The official title was released last week, which is Fear The Walking Dead.

When they showed this on TTD, I thought this was a different show than the LA series. That this was just a prequel show when the "disease" started and was only just summer filler. I didn't think they had the new series ready yet. I guess I was wrong.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get a harrowing zombie scene involving the US Bank Tower.

6645974_orig.jpg

It's not something that ever interested me about TWD.
Besides, I doubt Kirkman, or anyone, could come up with anything that would satisfy readers/viewers that didn't sound dumb, familiar, or just be a letdown. Smarter to keep it a mystery and just write stories around it.

I'm fine with them not delving into the exact mechanism and root of the virus, but I really hope this new series really covers different ground than the mothership show. I like that they're going back to the time of the outbreak, but the longer they last in that timeline, the more like the WD things could become. Though, the change to an urban setting should give them some cool opportunities for set pieces.

Prediction ... at some point during the first couple episodes, we'll see tar-soaked walkers slithering out of the LaBrea Tarpits.

I'm fine with them not delving into the exact mechanism and root of the virus, but I really hope this new series really covers different ground than the mothership show. I like that they're going back to the time of the outbreak, but the longer they last in that timeline, the more like the WD things could become. Though, the change to an urban setting should give them some cool opportunities for set pieces.

Prediction ... at some point during the first couple episodes, we'll see tar-soaked walkers slithering out of the LaBrea Tarpits.

I'm hoping for Los Angeles River Walkers! :pray:

As long as it doesn't become silly...

I'm actually a little concerned about that. Just the tiniest bit. Because, as long as you're set in LA, it'd be so easy and so tempting to take some sardonic shots at the Hollywood system or consumer culture.

Celebrity walkers .... trendy, well-dressed walkers shambling through the boutique shops on Rodeo Drive ... strangely well-preserved walkers with breast implants and face lifts ...

I have faith that the WD producers and writing staff will aim higher than that with this show, but these kinds of gags would be really tempting. Unlike Romero (who set "Dawn" in a shopping mall to specifically make a point about consumerism), Kirkman's WD TV universe has never been particularly on-the-nose with social commentary.

I'm actually a little concerned about that. Just the tiniest bit. Because, as long as you're set in LA, it'd be so easy and so tempting to take some sardonic shots at the Hollywood system or consumer culture.

Celebrity walkers .... trendy, well-dressed walkers shambling through the boutique shops on Rodeo Drive ... strangely well-preserved walkers with breast implants and face lifts ...

I have faith that the WD producers and writing staff will aim higher than that with this show, but these kinds of gags would be really tempting. Unlike Romero (who set "Dawn" in a shopping mall to specifically make a point about consumerism), Kirkman's WD TV universe has never been particularly on-the-nose with social commentary.

You should be a little concerned about this. We all should be. The show will almost certainly become a commercial hit, at least for a summer TV show. Whether or not it aspires to be anything more than that? I have no idea. :dunno

I think for the TWD to make that type of anti-consumerism statement would be highly ironic and hypocritical. Why? Because they sell every tacky nicknack with their logo on it. There's almost nothing they haven't turned into a product, for sale to their fans, who buy it all. It reminds me of the Spaceballs scene, where they make fun of all the move merchandise they'll be selling.

Back