Fear The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Another Walking Dead Show Confirmed

No way. Just last night while watching Gone Girl I thought she looked like an older version of Dawn from the recent episodes of the main show.

I'd like it to take place at the start of the outbreak. Fresher walkers in a highly populated urban area would mean more relentless action hopefully. I've always enjoyed the outbreak part of zombie movies. It's a different type of survival rather than hiding in a church in the contryside for example.

I'd like it to take place at the start of the outbreak. Fresher walkers in a highly populated urban area would mean more relentless action hopefully. I've always enjoyed the outbreak part of zombie movies. It's a different type of survival rather than hiding in a church in the contryside for example.

Yeah, yeah, they're not technically "zombies," but the opening chase from 28 Weeks Later is still awesome! :rock

28weekslater2008.jpg

Yeah, yeah, they're not technically "zombies," but the opening chase from 28 Weeks Later is still awesome! :rock

View attachment 153968
Yeah, love that scene (and the music). I also liked how they made the guy decent but also cowardly/scared out of his wits. He's one of the more realistic protagonists I've seen in a zombie film. There is something to be said for the 28 Days/Months/Zack Snyder running zombies, too. They are so much more intimidating. I can see for a TV show that they can't work, though, since escape becomes impossible at some point.

Threads were merged and I renamed it since there is no confirmation that this is called "Walking Dead : L.A.". The current working title is Cobalt but that's unlikely to remain.

Yeah, love that scene (and the music). I also liked how they made the guy decent but also cowardly/scared out of his wits. He's one of the more realistic protagonists I've seen in a zombie film. There is something to be said for the 28 Days/Months/Zack Snyder running zombies, too. They are so much more intimidating. I can see for a TV show that they can't work, though, since escape becomes impossible at some point.

Fast zombies doesn't even seem fair. They outnumber you AND they're faster than you? No mas. :lol

Threads were merged and I renamed it since there is no confirmation that this is called "Walking Dead : L.A.". The current working title is Cobalt but that's unlikely to remain.

Thank you kindly. :duff

Isn't that what those webisodes were about? :huh

People watched those? :lol

I dunno what they were about tbh, but I don't think it'll be a problem. Focusing on the start of the outbreak and the way the government agencies are trying to handle it is as different as you could possibly make this from the original.

The initial moments of the outbreak are always my favorite time periods for zombie movies too. I'd love to see a show focusing on that.

And frankly, it's a part of the zombie timeline that often get glazed over, I guess because of the amount of CGI etc needed to convey society actually in the process of collapsing. Dawn and Zombieland just made it the opening credits. In fairness though, two of the coolest opening credit sequences ever.

World War Z started to give us a good look in NYC but I just didn't like how the zombies were portrayed.

Yea, the movements and teamwork like ants etc. Too over the top for me. I'm still coming around to the idea that they can haul ass in the Dawn remake. Zombies irl, I'll take the chance. Running Zombies irl, I'm blowing my own brains out day 1.

Zombies irl, I'll take the chance. Running Zombies irl, I'm blowing my own brains out day 1.

Seriously. :lol

I think it worked for 28 Days Later because the outbreak was relatively contained. You just have to be able to outrun them to the border/beach/helicopter evac/whatever. But running zombies in a global apocalypse? Forget it.

Imagine running parkour zombies.

Seriously. :lol

I think it worked for 28 Days Later because the outbreak was relatively contained. You just have to be able to outrun them to the border/beach/helicopter evac/whatever. But running zombies in a global apocalypse? Forget it.

In some situations I wouldn't have to outrun any zombies...just the more "robust" members of the group I'm with. :lol :monkey3

k9QG0.jpg

Back