Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outfit finally arrived for the SGD Tifa.

It's hard to capture how good this looks in person. I know people aren't keen on the likeness of the face, but I think some angles manage to look better than others.

Edit: the perspective made the head look big so I added a zoomed shot with more distance. Also, earrings were included but I'm afraid to poke holes in the ears
I envy you my friend, since my wife didn´t allow me to have one of that size or bigger.

Would be nice if SGD would offer a 1/6th version.
Or... anybody could offer a decent one, I guess. :(
Feels kinda hopeless out there recently.

Outfit finally arrived for the SGD Tifa.

View attachment 708799

It's hard to capture how good this looks in person. I know people aren't keen on the likeness of the face, but I think some angles manage to look better than others.

Edit: the perspective made the head look big so I added a zoomed shot with more distance. Also, earrings were included but I'm afraid to poke holes in the ears
Nice photos! I just received mine yesterday and I'm totally agreed with you, she looks amazing in person. 😍

(Sharing some photos I saw from the China QQ group chat)

Attachments

• Image_1717489848464.jpg
    Image_1717489848464.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 0
  • mmexport1717818014121.jpg
    mmexport1717818014121.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1717720854128.jpg
    Image_1717720854128.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1717463979063.jpg
    Image_1717463979063.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1717936426271.jpg
    Image_1717936426271.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1717479674744.jpg
    Image_1717479674744.jpg
    631.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1717939574033.jpg
    Image_1717939574033.jpg
    672 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1717939568057.jpg
    Image_1717939568057.jpg
    725.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1717936401890.jpg
    Image_1717936401890.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1717488948752.jpg
    Image_1717488948752.jpg
    588.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I thought Walter mentioned they were cracking down on factories doing nude statues etc and Gametoys wasn’t affected much (but was still keeping a low profile just in case).
I can’t help but think the SGD Tifa brought a lot of unwanted attention from SE

That SGD Tifa behind the 1/6 scale toys makes her look she's in an Attack of the 50 Foot Woman movie!

My SGD Tifa is still on a boat. Based on her shipping date last month, she should arrive between the first and second week of July for me! But then her clothes are also of course late, so I'll just buy some teeny tiny clothes for her in the meantime.

That SGD Tifa behind the 1/6 scale toys makes her look she's in an Attack of the 50 Foot Woman movie!

My SGD Tifa is still on a boat. Based on her shipping date last month, she should arrive between the first and second week of July for me! But then her clothes are also of course late, so I'll just buy some teeny tiny clothes for her in the meantime.
Just be patient, you'll get her soon🥳
I received SGD and GT Kira set yesterday, the SGD box size's hella big and heavy🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20240618_174146.jpg
    IMG_20240618_174146.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240618_175107.jpg
    IMG_20240618_175107.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I envy you my friend, since my wife didn´t allow me to have one of that size or bigger.
I feel you brother. This was a "ask for forgiveness, not permission" situation over here as well. No one tell her about the functional hole plz.

Would be nice if SGD would offer a 1/6th version.
Or... anybody could offer a decent one, I guess. :(
Feels kinda hopeless out there recently.
I actually think the Gametoys one will look better in hand. The promo pics had weird lighting, but the original teased images with dim lighting looked fine.
2713896433.jpg

Though it's sounding like we'll be lucky if this releases...

Nice photos! I just received mine yesterday and I'm totally agreed with you, she looks amazing in person. 😍

(Sharing are some photos I saw from the China QQ group chat)
Wow I think there's a Mikasa & Eren reference in there. Wonder how they got the eyes closed.

My SGD Tifa is still on a boat. Based on her shipping date last month, she should arrive between the first and second week of July for me!
Well I think the later batches had improved packaging so silver lining. You can learn from other's mistakes as well. I recommending doing all the dressing/posing with the head off cause the hair sheds...

I'm sure this has been asked I've googled and tried reading through this thread but that's a lot of pages. I was looking for advice on the best way for care and maintenance of these GTs. I remember reading sephiroth clothes peeled and flaked real easy. Mine will all be displayed in a shelf I can't find a detolf the closest IKEA store is like 5 hours away. If anybody has a link or any advice I would really appreciate it as I've paid after market prices and it's insane lol. Also was wondering if anybody makes extra cloud heads for the body that just came out I found a few on eBay but I am no painter. Sorry for the long wind.

I'm sure this has been asked I've googled and tried reading through this thread but that's a lot of pages. I was looking for advice on the best way for care and maintenance of these GTs. I remember reading sephiroth clothes peeled and flaked real easy. Mine will all be displayed in a shelf I can't find a detolf the closest IKEA store is like 5 hours away. If anybody has a link or any advice I would really appreciate it as I've paid after market prices and it's insane lol. Also was wondering if anybody makes extra cloud heads for the body that just came out I found a few on eBay but I am no painter. Sorry for the long wind.
My Sephiroth hasn't peeled at all, but he is in a case if that makes a difference. Some people experienced the zipper pieces falling off but mine has kept all of those too. I don't really play with him though, he's just been in the display. Also not sure if you're interested in it but Ikea can ship detolfs too, that's how I got mine

Don't treat them like Hasbros and avoid leaving them in action poses for too long, especially between mixed media items such as cloak and silicone/plastic to avoid color transfers, etc.

If you really want to, you can also treat your room where the figures will be in to control the humidity, but that is a lot of upfront costs and constant maintenance.

I actually think the Gametoys one will look better in hand. The promo pics had weird lighting, but the original teased images with dim lighting looked fine.
View attachment 708907
This photo was the 1st proto which was Great, the new proto that we can see in pre-order photos is far from that and so disappointing...

Last edited:
This photo was the 1st proto which was Great, the new proto that we can see in pre-order photos is far from that and so disappointing...

Is it confirmed that the face sculpt changed? It just looks like different lighting to me.
20240619_185908.jpg

Is it confirmed that the face sculpt changed? It just looks like different lighting to me.
View attachment 708951
No i don't think it's confirmed.
Maybe the lightning i don't know, 95% of the HS is the same but as said before the problem is the mouth (like the upper lip wich is too thin) and maybe the eyes.

This comparison with the AGC HS clearly highlights the problems of the GT HS
Comparatif.png

Last edited:
GT Boss have stated before that the headsculpts are always under continuous adjustment and he's never happy with it.

At pre-order stages for Tifa he did said that he understands that people will not be happy with the headsculpt but in his eyes he thinks it's good enough for now. Whether it will improve for the final product remains to be seen but as we have seen from past releases, it does improve somewhat.

No i don't think it's confirmed.
Maybe the lightning i don't know, 95% of the HS is the same but as said before the problem is the mouth (like the upper lip is too thin) and maybe the eyes.

This comparison with the AGC HS clearly highlights the problems of the GT HS

Well either way, I think the lighting makes these promo pics look worse than they are. There's blue light back left, white light back right, and an overhead top front, making weird reflections and shadows on the face and also makes the eyes look sunken in, which is what's giving that "lifeless" look.

b8a41ae61b-1.jpg

I bet this looks way better in normal room lighting. I agree about the top lip... but this could just be the angle. Here's two perspectives of the same lips.
20240619_222432.jpg

All the gt pics are from above or straight on so we can't know for certain, but some things just have to be processed in 3D

well,i expect the overrall quality of tifa need to at least onpar with ac cloud. the recently release dn is not good enough. Im ok with moveable eyes but if the outcome is not good as normal headsculpt ,then I prefer the non- moveable eye version. gt may have the best figure in ff series but doesn't mean they dont need to improve on qc. continuous improvement is important.

I expect the final product will at least look like this.
A proper Tifa,that we waited,deserved,hoping.
since gt new product is not releasing,I hope they put more effort in tifa and noctis.Break the curse!(non of the brand can make a proper female game character curse).Show us the next level of gametoys after ac cloud!
B4E8131C-5204-445F-9857-1C67C7A41740.jpeg

well,i expect the overrall quality of tifa need to at least onpar with ac cloud. the recently release dn is not good enough. Im ok with moveable eyes but if the outcome is not good as normal headsculpt ,then I prefer the non- moveable eye version. gt may have the best figure in ff series but doesn't mean they dont need to improve on qc. continuous improvement is important.

I expect the final product will at least look like this.
A proper Tifa,that we waited,deserved,hoping.
since gt new product is not releasing,I hope they put more effort in tifa and noctis.Break the curse!(non of the brand can make a proper female game character curse).Show us the next level of gametoys after ac cloud!
View attachment 709020

Can’t wait for Tifa!

Just checking 😉 after the recent release of the Death Note figures is the GT Boss considering doing Misa soon? Or is she never going to come out

Thanks!

Back