Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yo! sorry if this has been asked before but i couldn't find anything - i heard the shoulderpad on the 1st class cloud body could be removed w/o breaking it, does anyone have any pics of that? got the body & a sculpt for a steal today, so so hyped for my first GT

yo! sorry if this has been asked before but i couldn't find anything - i heard the shoulderpad on the 1st class cloud body could be removed w/o breaking it, does anyone have any pics of that? got the body & a sculpt for a steal today, so so hyped for my first GT

For the 1st Class Body:

1) Remove arms.

2) Detach the strap below the harness. It is glued on, you can carefully pry it off with a thin object wedged between or you can cut it off, but I prefer to keep it intact incase I need to reattach in future.

3) Pull the shirt off.

4) Pull the rubber chest cover off, it will be tight,. but it will eventually slide off. You can heat it up lightly with a hair dryer to make it more flexible if needed.

5) Find a thin/small screw driver and remove the 3 screws art the back.

6) Detach body and pull off harness

For the OG Remake Body:

1) Same as above.

2) Same as above.

3) Same as above.

4) Body is on a ball joint so you can just forcefully pull it off.

5) Pull of harness

Rest is easy, you just swap everything round.

I feel this modification makes the GT002 much more accurate to how Cloud looks in Remake & Rebirth.

The colour of the uniform is much darker than the previous blue. It has better articulation and then the upgraded headsculpt over the original release.

If GameToys were to re-release the OG Cloud, this would be it.

Only thing I couldn’t change is the ‘Fenrir Earring’, but it’s minor.

Hope this helps.

😊

Attachments

• IMG_7201.jpeg
    IMG_7201.jpeg
    752.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7202.jpeg
    IMG_7202.jpeg
    483.6 KB · Views: 0
For the 1st Class Body:

1) Remove arms.

2) Detach the strap below the harness. It is glued on, you can carefully pry it off with a thin object wedged between or you can cut it off, but I prefer to keep it intact incase I need to reattach in future.

3) Pull the shirt off.

4) Pull the rubber chest cover off, it will be tight,. but it will eventually slide off. You can heat it up lightly with a hair dryer to make it more flexible if needed.

5) Find a thin/small screw driver and remove the 3 screws art the back.

6) Detach body and pull off harness

For the OG Remake Body:

1) Same as above.

2) Same as above.

3) Same as above.

4) Body is on a ball joint so you can just forcefully pull it off.

5) Pull of harness

Rest is easy, you just swap everything round.

I feel this modification makes the GT002 much more accurate to how Cloud looks in Remake & Rebirth.

The colour of the uniform is much darker than the previous blue. It has better articulation and then the upgraded headsculpt over the original release.

If GameToys were to re-release the OG Cloud, this would be it.

Only thing I couldn’t change is the ‘Fenrir Earring’, but it’s minor.

Hope this helps.

😊
thanks so much man! i really appreciate it, looks super good.
part of why i got this one (though the price helped lol) is the better head & uniform fs. it really is a huge improvement

I'm planning on doing just that! And to be fair, it is less a string and more a stretchy rubber black 'string', almost like a black rubber band. So I'm assuming that the rubber on silicon is the problem here.
Oxy10 is one someone on a FB page used if that helps.

I pre-ordered the first Noctis but I don't know yet if I will get this one.
FFXV was a HUGE disappointment for me, my biggest disappointment in my gaming life.
I was waiting for Versus XIII like crazy for years, and when FFXV came out the game had nothing to do with it, it's not even a good Final Fantasy.

I pre-ordered the first Noctis but I don't know yet if I will get this one.
FFXV was a HUGE disappointment for me, my biggest disappointment in my gaming life.
I was waiting for Versus XIII like crazy for years, and when FFXV came out the game had nothing to do with it, it's not even a good Final Fantasy.
I’d be more than happy to take that Noctis pre-order off your hands, if you ever decide you’d like to sell it! I actually really enjoyed FFXV and would love to have a Gametoys Noctis, but I missed out on the preorder.

Last edited:
Hell yeah, that looks great! With all of XV's faults, I love the banter between the party. Really did feel like hanging out with your bros and all and was sad how the group drifted off (like in real life).

I skipped Noctis. I'm in for their previously teased Yuna and Lightning, but I find XV to just be so dull visually. Not even my love for Tekken could endear me to Noctis.

I consider it a real shame that the chinese market basically has zero connection to anything pre-2010ish because it results in the figures always being from newer releases even when they're less liked by western fans, because it's all the chinese market has any attachment to. Thankfully the game industry is obsessed with remakes. This hobby makes me root for remakes I don't even actually want to play lol.

I skipped Noctis. I'm in for their previously teased Yuna and Lightning, but I find XV to just be so dull visually. Not even my love for Tekken could endear me to Noctis.

I consider it a real shame that the chinese market basically has zero connection to anything pre-2010ish because it results in the figures always being from newer releases even when they're less liked by western fans, because it's all the chinese market has any attachment to. Thankfully the game industry is obsessed with remakes. This hobby makes me root for remakes I don't even actually want to play lol.
Prior to a certain point I feel like a high end figure is wasted on the characters as they appeared in game. A GT fig of, say, Squall or Seifer from FFVIII could only look as good as their appearance in the CGI vids, which aren't nearly as detailed as the kinds of headsculpts we've been getting from them.

Prior to a certain point I feel like a high end figure is wasted on the characters as they appeared in game. A GT fig of, say, Squall or Seifer from FFVIII could only look as good as their appearance in the CGI vids, which aren't nearly as detailed as the kinds of headsculpts we've been getting from them.
I don’t think that would be a waste at all. Even if it were 1999 CG quality, I’d be thrilled to have a high quality 1/6 Squall. It would just need to be stylized.

I think it’s more than possible Gametoys could take their FF7 Remake style and apply it to older games.

ozrv2h6a88j71.jpg

(Solar Studios 1:4 Squall)

Or Frank Jaeger’s custom works:

I don’t think that would be a waste at all. Even if it were 1999 CG quality, I’d be thrilled to have a high quality 1/6 Squall. It would just need to be stylized.

I think it’s more than possible Gametoys could take their FF7 Remake style and apply it to older games.

ozrv2h6a88j71.jpg

(Solar Studios 1:4 Squall)

Or Frank Jaeger’s custom works:

i would absolutely kill for a GT in a similar style to that frank jaeger one.
they could always reference the (admittedly inferior) dissidia design if they really wanted to. a zidane from that could be cool too

That Frank Jaeger sculpt doesn't look good to me. Squall loses that bishonen, pretty boy look. Lol!

Back