(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I considered joining GG's stupid club so I could buy the Chewie, but forgot. Since I missed out on him and tired of chasing exclusives, I may end up cashing out and selling the rest of them.

The Premium Guild is a no brainer. For me anyway. I never understand those that don't join it. Every year someone is frantically trying to get an exclusive, and usually end up paying twice as much for it in the end... when they could've used that money to buy a membership and had no problem getting the exclusive.
Membership is $80. You get a free $80 exclusive bust or jumbo figure. So if you have any interest in any of the items it's basically free. And even if you don't you can flip the gift for what you paid, if not more. Plus, you get a $30 coupon to use, a $10 coupon, and 10% off non exclusives.
I remember being in line at CVII to get a Ralph McQ bust and the guy in front of me flipping out on the GG workers there cause they had just sold out of the C-3PO jumbo figure...and how he wanted it and the McQ bust... he was spouting off about how much he buys from them and how long he's been a customer and yada yada how they should treat their fans better and how long he waited in line and how he demands they let him have one and that they do nothing for their loyal customers to help them get these exclusives... and then I cut him off and asked if he was a member of the Premium Guild... to which he said, well no. I then explained to him if he was such a loyal customer he could've joined and pre-ordered the figure and bust and had no issues getting them, and that the PG was set up for fans so they would have direct access to exclusives before they go on sale and how great it is that GG does that for us. The worker just grinned at me with a 'thank you' smile. The guy still was wanting special treatment and demanded to talk to someone else... so, while he chose to continue to complain, I walked to the next register and proceeded to buy the very last Ralph McQ bust they had. :D I had to laugh when the guy finally said "fine! I'll just take the bust then!" and the cashier told him they were now sold out of it as well. :lol
I was only in line cause I wasn't sure if I wanted the Ralph McQ bust when it went up for preorder and didn't order it online. By the time I decided it was sold out online. Funny thing is, they had more for sale that were left over after the con.

So yeah, I think the PG is a no brainer. I've had no issues getting any exclusive I've wanted the past 5+ years.

For those of you that collect Pops, what do you think is the best place with a good selection? Most places around me never refill their stock.

Online I have used ToyWars and Dorkside without issue.

I also use popcultcha.au for a lot of hard to find ones.

I actually do Hot Topic ship to store alot.
Sales online are better and the addition of online codes helps.

Hot Cash Codes for use between 7/7-7/17

*possible early use on 7/6 for HT + 1 members*

* $15 off $30 - 5Z9UTSHZ
* $30 off $60 - 5G4DCM88
* $45 off $90 - DJF8AJVP
* $60 off $120 - W48JA8PK
* $75 off $150 - XB32TZ3Q

The cases come in two flavores, thin and thick walled. Depends on what you want.

Think of it as Star Case Vs. an AFA style case.

Online I have used ToyWars and Dorkside without issue.

I also use popcultcha.au for a lot of hard to find ones.

I actually do Hot Topic ship to store alot.
Sales online are better and the addition of online codes helps.

The cases come in two flavores, thin and thick walled. Depends on what you want.

Think of it as Star Case Vs. an AFA style case.

Thanks, buddy.

Question for The Mike, and others who have read the new main Star Wars Marvel comic...

Is it worth reading? :dunno

Other than the first page opening crawl I haven't read it :lol It's on my to-do list, I'll update once I start.

Bossk re-release aswell...

That is tempting. I missed out on the bounty hunters save Boba and setting them up like Empire on my shelf is tempting.

That is tempting. I missed out on the bounty hunters save Boba and setting them up like Empire on my shelf is tempting.
I got the EX Bossk on eBay when I started collecting, got HT Boba and I'll be getting all the others. Already got 4-LOM on order, now they just need to announce Dengar.
Question for The Mike, and others who have read the new main Star Wars Marvel comic...

Is it worth reading? :dunno

I'd say so. Though I enjoyed the Darth Vader comic more.

SDCC exclusive. **** you, Hallmark! :mad:

CC-BobaFett-1QMP4098.jpg

Beginnings: Boba FettTM – Inspired by the work of renowned conceptual designer Ralph McQuarrie, this Keepsake Ornament two-pack features the fan-favorite bounty hunter who first appeared in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. One ornament details Boba Fett’s helmet as originally sketched while the other depicts an all-white full-costume concept.

Sold a bluetooth speaker I won in a sales contest at work and managed to sell off my Walking Dead Hardcovers. More money for figures! :yes

Has anyone been buying the Star Wars Helmets partwork (in the UK) and are they of any use for 1/6 kit bashes? I know they're 1/5 in scale but sometimes these things look OK. I was thinking of buying a couple.

Back