Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

I need freaky-good feedback on this from my friends. What do you guys think about this contest idea:

(Modeled after the selling souls via SideshowChicky) have people choose one thing from a list of things they have to do/make in order to be entered for the contest. Here's an example.

So the list of things to get someone eligible to win (not final list):

1) Carve pumpkin
2) Draw a sketch
3) take and edit a weird picture (SFW)
4) create a creepy decoration
5) Make Halloween style cupcakes

Then have people choose one of the choices. The first person to choose "draw a sketch" would then eliminate that option from the list. Others would have a more narrow choice list, etc.

Big prize

Thoughts?

Sounds great!

I need freaky-good feedback on this from my friends. What do you guys think about this contest idea:

(Modeled after the selling souls via SideshowChicky) have people choose one thing from a list of things they have to do/make in order to be entered for the contest. Here's an example.

1) Carve pumpkin
2) Draw a sketch

Then have people choose one of the choices. The first person to choose "draw a sketch" would then eliminate that option from the list. Others would have a more narrow choice list, etc.

Big prize

Thoughts?

Shotgun 3! ;)

1) Carve pumpkin
2) Draw a sketch

Big prize

Thoughts?

I think it's a fine idea to have choices on how to do your contest.

contest.jpg

:winkpumpkHalloween Madness Continues!:winkpumpk

So I ran some ideas by you guys and came up with a contest that enables creativity, passivity, and Tricks/Treats. Here before you is a list of TEN SINS. Here's the way this works. I have 10 options available for fellow freaks to participate. In a first come basis, a freak will choose one of the 10 (actually 9 as Vei1 auto gets one for his work). Upon choosing, the option chosen by a freak will NOT be available for others to choose once claimed. For example, if someone chooses #5 first, then no one will be able to pick that option. Since option #9 is already chosen, no one else can be veil :lol. After this announcement, post your choice in the thread as well as PM me your decision (in case I miss it).
There are options for the creative folks as well as those who enjoy more practical tasks. The winner will be randomly chosen from the 10 entrants (via wheel spinner). But beware, if all 10 sins are not met, the contest will vanish and be deceased :mummy

TEN SINS

1) Carve pumpkin
2) Draw a spooky sketch
3) Take and edit a weird picture (SFW)
4) Create a creepy decoration (non-expensive)
5) Make Halloween style dessert w/ picture (e.g. cupcakes, cookies, pies, etc.)
6) Capture picture of you and/or your pet in Halloween costume
7) Deck your favorite collectible posed in Halloween garb (but be careful!)
8) Create a creepy letter to put on someone you know's car windshield (w/ pictures. But be tasteful with loads of creepy)
9) Reserved for Vei1 (for your hard work)
10) Hold a separate contest during Freaktacular 2016 (after this post is made).

Deadline for all choices and entries is Friday October 28th at 11:59PM CT. If all options are filled, the chosen winner will pick either one of the following numbers: 1,2,3. Each number represents a prize. The prizes to be won include: a sealed 1992 TMNT Leonardo Movie Star MOC Figure, a McGoblin pumpkin pail with goodies inside, or a $25 Amazon gift card.

Post your choice as well as PM me your decision.

:nazgul Ye been warned!!:nazgul

Last edited:

View attachment 297904

So I ran some ideas by you guys and came up with a contest that enables creativity, passivity, and Tricks/Treats. Here before you is a list of TEN SINS. Here's the way this works. I have 10 options available for fellow freaks to participate. In a first come basis, a freak will choose one of the 10 (actually 9 as Vei1 auto gets one for his work). Upon choosing, the option chosen by a freak will NOT be available for others to choose once claimed. For example, if someone chooses #5 first, then no one will be able to pick that option. Since option #9 is already chosen, no one else can be veil :lol. After this announcement, post your choice in the thread as well as PM me your decision (in case I miss it).
There are options for the creative folks as well as those who enjoy more practical tasks. The winner will be randomly chosen from the 10 entrants (via wheel spinner). But beware, if all 10 sins are not met, the contest will vanish and be deceased :mummy

TEN SINS

1) Carve pumpkin
2) Draw a spooky sketch
6) Capture picture of you and your pet in Halloween costume
8) Create a creepy letter to put on someone you know's car windshield (w/ pictures. But be tasteful with loads of creepy)

Deadline for all choices and entries is Friday October 28th at 11:59PM CT. If all options are filled, the chosen winner will pick either one of the following numbers: 1,2,3. Each number represents a prize. The prizes to be won include: a sealed 1992 TMNT Leonardo Movie Star MOC Figure, a McGoblin pumpkin pail with goodies inside, or a $25 Amazon gift card.

I choose #3 if I can enter?

View attachment 297904

TEN SINS

1) Carve pumpkin
2) Draw a spooky sketch

I'll take #10

View attachment 297904

TEN SINS

1) Carve pumpkin
2) Draw a spooky sketch

I'll take #7, but if it's OK with you Shaw, I'll put my collectible ON my Halloween decoration. It will make sense when you see. :)

View attachment 297904

TEN SINS

1) Carve pumpkin
2) Draw a spooky sketch

Number #7 is my choice!

I'll take #1 and carve a pumpkin. I'm sure my hands will regret it later but I want one of those pumpkin pails. :lol

View attachment 297904

TEN SINS

1) Carve pumpkin
2) Draw a spooky sketch

Guess I should probably quote this so it doesn't get lost. I'll take #1.

i choose #2!
CLAIMED!:winkpumpk

I choose #3 if I can enter?
Yes! CLAIMED!:winkpumpk

I'll take #10

#5 please!

I'll take #7, but if it's OK with you Shaw, I'll put my collectible ON my Halloween decoration. It will make sense when you see. :)
Makes sense. CLAIMED!:winkpumpk

I don't even have to do anything! Ha ha. Thanks Shawpaw!
CLAIMED?!:winkpumpk

I'll take #1 and carve a pumpkin. I'm sure my hands will regret it later but I want one of those pumpkin pails. :lol

Back